• 122(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
I really like this skin but how difficult would it be to add a grid view of thumbnails for movies. I have a rather large library to scroll through and one at a time is painful.
(2013-01-08, 19:08)toddsunpark Wrote: I really like this skin but how difficult would it be to add a grid view of thumbnails for movies. I have a rather large library to scroll through and one at a time is painful.

As difficult as going to skin settings Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Love this skin.

There is only two things I am missing: I would like to have a watched indicator on each poster in movies and tv-series (icon view). If you could also add a sets banner to movies (also icon view), i'd be really happy. Smile

--
Regards, Peter
Hi Guys!

All of my album art seems to be squished looking and im wondering if it is being displayed at the wrong aspect ratio?

Im using a 4:3 monitor is that a problem for the Quartz skin?

Windows 8 pro
Eden
Quartz

On a 4:3 monitor

Thank You!

DianeDrews

(2013-01-08, 21:21)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-01-08, 19:08)toddsunpark Wrote: I really like this skin but how difficult would it be to add a grid view of thumbnails for movies. I have a rather large library to scroll through and one at a time is painful.

As difficult as going to skin settings Smile

Pecinko,
I have a problem in the grid view. Quartz doesn't seem to remember the last played item. That is, go into grid view, scroll through and play a movie. Stop the movie / return to grid view. The highlighted thumbnail is not the last played video rather it's a randomly selected thumbnail. Anyone else have this problem?

Aside from that, skin works great!
quick question.

I use music videos a lot in xbmc. when i press info on my remote i can only see the "title" of the video. This makes sense when watching a movie, but when watching a music video i'd like to be able to see the artist and the title.

anyone know how to do this?

having typed this out i've just realised it's maybe not a skin issue. maybe i should post it up in a more general section somewhere?
Hi Diane

welcome to the forums Smile

Unfortunately, I think you will find that most skins does not look nice on 4:3 screens. As target resolution for home theaters are 1080 or 720, skins are optimized for 16:9 displays.

You may remedy looks if you run XBMC in 16:9 window instead of fullscreen.

(2013-01-11, 23:17)DianeDrews Wrote: Hi Guys!

All of my album art seems to be squished looking and im wondering if it is being displayed at the wrong aspect ratio?

Im using a 4:3 monitor is that a problem for the Quartz skin?

Windows 8 pro
Eden
Quartz

On a 4:3 monitor

Thank You!

DianeDrews

(2013-01-12, 03:54)m_lopez_h Wrote: I have a problem in the grid view. Quartz doesn't seem to remember the last played item. That is, go into grid view, scroll through and play a movie. Stop the movie / return to grid view. The highlighted thumbnail is not the last played video rather it's a randomly selected thumbnail. Anyone else have this problem?

Well, to be honest, I don't know why it is happening. XBMC controls last position but it might be that something in the skin triggers misbehaving you're explaining.

(2013-01-13, 20:14)thebearnecessit Wrote: I use music videos a lot in xbmc. when i press info on my remote i can only see the "title" of the video. This makes sense when watching a movie, but when watching a music video i'd like to be able to see the artist and the title.

This looks like skin issue. Is this in fullscreen video window (whilst playing)?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

yes indeed.

during video playback, when i press "i" on the keyboard.

i tried looking through a few of the skins xml files but have n idea what i'm doing Big Grin

(windows xp, frodo rc2, quartz master)
(2013-01-13, 20:50)thebearnecessit Wrote: yes indeed.

during video playback, when i press "i" on the keyboard.

i tried looking through a few of the skins xml files but have n idea what i'm doing Big Grin

(windows xp, frodo rc2, quartz master)

You want DialogFullscreenInfo.xml

You'll find labels at the beginning of it.

EDIT: BUT, looking at the code

PHP Code:
<control type="label" description="Main label">
            <
visible>VideoPlayer.Content(MusicVideos)</visible>
            <include>
FullscreenInfoLabelMain</include>
            <
label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Artist]</label>
          </
control>

<
control type="label" description="Label 2">
            <
visible>VideoPlayer.Content(MusicVideos)</visible>
            <
font>size17</font>
            <include>
FullscreenInfoLabel2</include>
            <
label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Album]</label>
          </
control

it seems to be there.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

yeah I just noticed that too and that made me realise that it was actually the music video addon called "vevo" that I was using.

I double checked and the info br when using the music videos from the library and its fine!

so, erm, sorry to have bothered you Big Grin it looks like it's a question for the vevo dev? do you think?
is there any way to setup the DialogFullscreenInfo.xml to display the "artist" on every type of video (music videos, movies, tv episodes etc).

that way if the file HAS an artist tag in it then the info will show, but if its a normal movie and it DOESNT have an artist tag in the file then it won't show?

does that make sense?

ps. its because loads of times is use vevo to play random playlists of music videos and i quite often want to be able to chack who the artist is, when i like a song,
Just. Love this skin, but do have one question regarding the media top shelf. It now displays the most recent added episodes of my TV shows. But I would rather have it display just the show it self, not the episode. Is this possible? Did try to go into customize top shelf but noting happens when I tried to switch Auto populate, it's just stayed On.

Thanks in advance
Fillilutten
Hi,
How do you change the movie sort order? Currently using Media Info 2 view sorted by title in descending order. Along time ago & many versions ago there was an option, but now there is no option & the sort order has defaulted to descending.

Current setup
===========
ATV2
Frodo RC3
Quartz 4.0.0

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance

Phil
I have a daughter!

Quartz skinning team has been reinforced :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-01-15, 20:54)pecinko Wrote: I have a daughter!

Quartz skinning team has been reinforced :-)

Congrats.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12