• 124(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
I downloaded on github, but its still 4.0.0 version. (I'm talking about Frodo version).

Thanks,
G
(2013-01-23, 10:33)skullmonkey Wrote: I downloaded on github, but its still 4.0.0 version. (I'm talking about Frodo version).

Thanks,
G

That happened to me twice. It worked in the end after i restarted the PC and re did the installation a couple times.
(2013-01-22, 23:05)skullmonkey Wrote: Manual update? Github -> Download zip -> install from zipp addon? right?

Thanks,
G

Yup. Do not unzip it manually, install via add from ZIP.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi!
I've been trying to install your theme on my raspbmc, but I get the error "dependencies not met". I searched the thread but I couldn't find any solution to the matter. Do you know what the problem could be?

This is what the logfile says

Code:
19:30:45 T:2740974608  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:30:45 T:2740974608  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
19:30:46 T:2740974608  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:30:46 T:2740974608 WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://outdated/folder.jpg
19:30:46 T:2740974608 WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://disabled/folder.jpg
19:30:46 T:2740974608 WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://enabled/folder.jpg
19:30:46 T:2740974608 WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://install/folder.jpg
19:30:46 T:2740974608 WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://search/folder.jpg
19:30:58 T:3036070624   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /tmp/quartz-master.zip/icon.png

EDIT:
I solved the problem thanks to relyt's post on the raspbmc forum.

Quote:I dig a little. Quartz needs:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/scri...0.1.17.zip
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/scri...-3.2.5.zip

Install both from zip. Then do the same with Quartz
https://github.com/pecinko/quartz/archive/master.zip

If you still have "dependencies not met" unzip Quartz, connect to RPi thru ftp or samba and place folder from zip to /home/pi/.xbmc/addons

Also, don't forget to restart the RPi.
(2013-01-23, 17:06)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 23:05)skullmonkey Wrote: Manual update? Github -> Download zip -> install from zipp addon? right?

Thanks,
G

Yup. Do not unzip it manually, install via add from ZIP.

I'm talking about the Frodo version?? Still install using addon repo?
Hi there. First time posting, so please excuse any etiquette fails. I'm currently running Frodo RC3 and the Quartz skin available via the official xbmc repository on a early Intel MacMini running OS 10.8. Every time I start up XBMC my home screen loads all the categories properly with Movies, TV, Music etc., but as soon as the library update finishes (with or w/o new content) my Movies category disappears. Once I enter another category and return to the home screen, Movies are back.
If my problem is that the 'official' version of Quartz is not Quartz 3, where do I download Q3?
(2013-01-25, 03:41)IdahoJudd Wrote: Hi there. First time posting, so please excuse any etiquette fails. I'm currently running Frodo RC3 and the Quartz skin available via the official xbmc repository on a early Intel MacMini running OS 10.8. Every time I start up XBMC my home screen loads all the categories properly with Movies, TV, Music etc., but as soon as the library update finishes (with or w/o new content) my Movies category disappears. Once I enter another category and return to the home screen, Movies are back.
If my problem is that the 'official' version of Quartz is not Quartz 3, where do I download Q3?

Welcome!

Please, see 1st post for info on how to install version siutable for xbmc frodo.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks for the reply. Will do!
Love the Skin! it's quick and the layout is amazing! Just a suggestion, anyway to integrate a Live Weather or 3 or 5 Days weather on main screen? Also current time on the main screen would also be great. Thanks again!
Has anyone had an issue with the Frodo version (ATV2) of this when coming back to XBMC from the Fanart Image Screensaver?

The skin kind of gets stuck and you have to hit the 'Select' button before you navigate left/right/up/down again. I changed the screensaver to Dim and it doesn't seem to be having this problem anymore. I also don't remember having this issue when using confluence.

I'm running one of the recent Frodo nightlies on my ATV2 with 5.0.2.
(2013-01-28, 19:19)aiccucs Wrote: Has anyone had an issue with the Frodo version (ATV2) of this when coming back to XBMC from the Fanart Image Screensaver?

The skin kind of gets stuck and you have to hit the 'Select' button before you navigate left/right/up/down again. I changed the screensaver to Dim and it doesn't seem to be having this problem anymore. I also don't remember having this issue when using confluence.

Please report a bug in ATV2 thread so devs can fix it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-01-28, 21:06)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 19:19)aiccucs Wrote: Has anyone had an issue with the Frodo version (ATV2) of this when coming back to XBMC from the Fanart Image Screensaver?

Please report a bug in ATV2 thread so devs can fix it.

I'll do some more testing tonight but I believe that the issue doesn't happen on the Confluence skin. If that's the case, wouldn't it mean its skin specific?
(2013-01-28, 22:14)aiccucs Wrote: I'll do some more testing tonight but I believe that the issue doesn't happen on the Confluence skin. If that's the case, wouldn't it mean its skin specific?

It may look that way Smile However, I have zero control on how XBMC behaves after screensaver. XBMC should return you to last control/button/whatever you were at, but it seems it does it with one s.saver and fails if the other is used.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi guys. I just had to tell you how much I love the Quartz skin and appreciate the many hours of hard work you all put into it. It's taken me a long time to wrap my head around just how customizable XBMC and quartz are, but it's a huge upgrade for me from Front Row.
Thanks again for your ongoing dedication to this great skin.
Installed Frodo final today.

Was then trying to install Quartz 4 from ZIP like explained in the first post in this thread. What happens when I do that, is that XBMC freezes with a black screen. I have to reboot from ssh or pull the plug to restart...

Edit: Now it is not freezing anymore, but Quartz seems to stay in old version after I have tried to install from ZIP many times. Do I have to uninstall Quartz 3 first? Tried this too, doesn't give me Quartz 4. The version shows 4.0.2, but the logo still shows Quartz with a big 3 behind. Watchlist is missing too in Frodo..... :_(
The Real Skimshady
  • 124(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12