• 125(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
(2013-01-29, 20:55)bthusby Wrote: Installed Frodo final today.

Was then trying to install Quartz 4 from ZIP like explained in the first post in this thread. What happens when I do that, is that XBMC freezes with a black screen. I have to reboot from ssh or pull the plug to restart...

Edit: Now it is not freezing anymore, but Quartz seems to stay in old version after I have tried to install from ZIP many times. Do I have to uninstall Quartz 3 first? Tried this too, doesn't give me Quartz 4. The version shows 4.0.2, but the logo still shows Quartz with a big 3 behind. Watchlist is missing too in Frodo..... :_(

Black screen is normal on ATV you have to wait a while till skin is updated. Looks like nothing is happening, though.

Did not change logo but skin version is shown in skin list that appears when you click on "change skin".

EDIT: Just added link to in progress TV shows. New built-in thing in Frodo and does not work exactly like watchlist did but I will not support any other scripts than those that are already in the skin, sorry (artist slideshow,tv tunes, cinema).
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,

And thanks for quick response as always Smile

Is it this service you have integrated in the skin?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142389

Looks promising, I will check when I get home from work.

Will Quartz 4 find its way into the XBMC repository eventually?
The Real Skimshady
(2013-01-29, 20:39)IdahoJudd Wrote: Hi guys. I just had to tell you how much I love the Quartz skin and appreciate the many hours of hard work you all put into it. It's taken me a long time to wrap my head around just how customizable XBMC and quartz are, but it's a huge upgrade for me from Front Row.
Thanks again for your ongoing dedication to this great skin.

Many thanks!

I can imagine it was quite a jump from FrontRow to XBMC and I'm glad if Quartz made it a litter easier.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Seems like something is wrong with the structure in the newest zip file of Quartz 4 for Frodo. XBMC gives an error when I'm trying to install it from zip file. Sorry to bother you too much.... And yes, I use it on ATV2.
The Real Skimshady
Quartz on Frodo
Windows 7

Love this skin.. Fast, easy to navigate and family friendlt. THank you for your work!

When I first loaded XBMC and before I loaded Quartz, whatever was playing would continue to play in the background (slightly dimmed) as I navigated around XMBC. I was able to get back to it by selecting "now playing".

After installing Quartz, I can hear the audio playing but no video.

Is there a setting that I'm missing to enable the video?
(2013-01-30, 17:18)DetrieZ Wrote: Quartz on Frodo
Windows 7

Love this skin.. Fast, easy to navigate and family friendlt. THank you for your work!

When I first loaded XBMC and before I loaded Quartz, whatever was playing would continue to play in the background (slightly dimmed) as I navigated around XMBC. I was able to get back to it by selecting "now playing".

After installing Quartz, I can hear the audio playing but no video.

Is there a setting that I'm missing to enable the video?

you cant have video in the background in quartz. i think pcenko wanted to go for simple and clean instead of fancy looking.
(2013-01-29, 20:55)bthusby Wrote: The version shows 4.0.2, but the logo still shows Quartz with a big 3 behind.

Here's fast made Q4 logo until Pecinko would made a proper one.

(2013-01-30, 17:13)bthusby Wrote: Seems like something is wrong with the structure in the newest zip file of Quartz 4 for Frodo. XBMC gives an error when I'm trying to install it from zip file. Sorry to bother you too much.... And yes, I use it on ATV2.

Are you sure? Smile It's packed by Git.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-01-30, 22:18)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 17:13)bthusby Wrote: Seems like something is wrong with the structure in the newest zip file of Quartz 4 for Frodo. XBMC gives an error when I'm trying to install it from zip file. Sorry to bother you too much.... And yes, I use it on ATV2.

Are you sure? Smile It's packed by Git.

When I try to install the zip-file, I get the error message: "Add-on does not have the correct structure".
I had no such problem with the last version of your skin (zip file made for Frodo that one too). I have tried downloading this new one multiple times from your link, and FTP'ed it to the ATV2, and installed it again from zip file in the "Add-on manager" -menu... I don't know enough about the inner workings of the add-on structures in Frodo, so I'm a bit lost.... Smile
The Real Skimshady
(2013-01-30, 22:48)bthusby Wrote: When I try to install the zip-file, I get the error message: "Add-on does not have the correct structure".
I had no such problem with the last version of your skin (zip file made for Frodo that one too). I have tried downloading this new one multiple times from your link, and FTP'ed it to the ATV2, and installed it again from zip file in the "Add-on manager" -menu... I don't know enough about the inner workings of the add-on structures in Frodo, so I'm a bit lost.... Smile

Try it on your Windows PC.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-01-30, 23:24)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-01-30, 22:48)bthusby Wrote: When I try to install the zip-file, I get the error message: "Add-on does not have the correct structure".

Try it on your Windows PC.

I have a macbook pro, and I installed XBMC Frodo on it. Then I installed the latest version of Quartz skin from the zip file. It worked!

But why isn't it working on the ATV2 then??

Edit:
I have rebooted and changed skin to Confluence, uninstalled Quartz, installed it again from the zip file. Now it installs seemingly correct, but it seems to be stuck in version 4.0.2 when it finishes. On my Macbook the newest version is 4.0.3, and have this menu item "In progress" under TV Shows. I use the same zip file both places.... I even tried going through the file system to look for remains from earlier versions and delete them before installing the new version, but I find no trace of old Quartz versions. Still Quartz will not go to version 4.0.3. Any ideas?
The Real Skimshady
(2013-01-31, 00:06)bthusby Wrote: Edit:
I have rebooted and changed skin to Confluence, uninstalled Quartz, installed it again from the zip file. Now it installs seemingly correct, but it seems to be stuck in version 4.0.2 when it finishes. On my Macbook the newest version is 4.0.3, and have this menu item "In progress" under TV Shows. I use the same zip file both places.... I even tried going through the file system to look for remains from earlier versions and delete them before installing the new version, but I find no trace of old Quartz versions. Still Quartz will not go to version 4.0.3. Any ideas?

I have had similar problem with addons on ATV. Don't know what's causing it Sad

Older version may still be in "addons/packages" folder. Try clearing Quartz from there as well.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Is there anyway I can remove "LiveTV" from the home menu because I've managed t get it into favourites so that I can put it under a different menu on the home screen?

Also is there any way of disabling the home screen menu 2nd from the right (ive renamed it s many times i forget its original name - its the one with weather, programs, pictures, video etc in it). I've tried to disable in skin settings the usual way but it ain't for moving.
It seems I got the newest version 4.0.3 to install now. I don't know exactly what I did. uninstalled again, and checked for remaining files in the directory. The funny thing is that the Quartz skin isnt showing in the add-on directory under "XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons" where all the addons seems to be.

Another thing: "In progess" works great, but when you want to exit from it you have to do two steps to get back to the main screen. Menu-button should have taken me right back I think.

Edit:
When I choose a TV Show in the "In progress" list I have to navigate to the right season and episode, it doesn't just start the next unseen episode like watchlist did. Is this how it is supposed to work now?
The Real Skimshady
love the apple tv structure, and flexability.

For the RECENTLY ADDED movies listed in the upper box area, is there any way to instead just list a random group of movies from the library? another skin (transparency) would give a random group of movies in the display, every time XBMC opened.

Also maybe a RANDOM button to allow the next group of five random movies to be displayed.
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12