• 132(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
(2013-03-29, 18:43)thebearnecessit Wrote: xbmc.executebuiltin( "ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary)" )
xbmc.executebuiltin( "SendClick(8)" )

I know nothing about python support, sorry. OTOH, any reason you're not using provided "search" item under Music menu?!?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

when playing music a box appears in the button left corner of the screen which displays the song you are currently playing. After a few seconds this box disappears then starts flickering. It does not remain solid as it does in the confluence skin.
(2013-03-30, 20:46)jwhit265 Wrote: when playing music a box appears in the button left corner of the screen which displays the song you are currently playing. After a few seconds this box disappears then starts flickering. It does not remain solid as it does in the confluence skin.

Will take a look, thanks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,

On my home screen I have 4 options. Movies-TVshows-Video-XBMC.

Under XBMC I only have settings. However, sometimes when I scroll
from left to right and the "cursor" comes on XBMC, the blue highlighted square is
not on settings, but on a invisible option under Settings. When I click up (it is now on settings)
and then down again, the invisible blue highlighted square is gone and the "cursor" doesn't go there anymore.

Does this story make sense to you? Do you understand what I mean?

It's not really trouble, but I like a smooth view, and this sucks a bit. Sad

Thx in advance
(2013-03-26, 17:42)pecinko Wrote: Yup, "Update libraries" under XBMC menu may be a better solution.

yep...that would be good..
(2013-03-29, 23:06)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-03-29, 18:43)thebearnecessit Wrote: xbmc.executebuiltin( "ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary)" )

I know nothing about python support, sorry. OTOH, any reason you're not using provided "search" item under Music menu?!?

yeah the reason is because i have spotify integrated into my xbmc music library, so when i do a music search it searches spotify (as well as my local music library). so when i have friends over and for the wife to be able to understand, i want to have the music search button on the xbmc homescreen, but i'd like it to be re-nameable to "spotify".

i tried adding the music library search button into my favourites so that i could rename it but it doesnt work once its in favourites.

is there any way i can rename the music search button?
anyone else have a problem after the screensavers been on?

my remote won't work, xbmc doesn't respond to any button presses.

reported it on the screensaver thread but it doesnt happen in confluence.
Did not notice this problem. Debug log needed.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

It's a great skin, no doubt. My favorite one.

But I came across one really annoying bug (which makes it unusable for me)!
When I'm watching a movie and click on the settings icon the window pops up and THEN disappears just a sec later. I thought it happens as soon as i move the mouse but its not related to that. Sometimes it shuts quicker and sometimes it stays abit longer. Random.
This is causing me some issues if the movie starts playing in the wrong language or has subtitles activated.

Ideas: How about a big grid for the movie library? When choosing a movie with friends it's hard to overview of of them. (maybe like 5x8 movies on one screen?)

Also I kinda like the genre menue from Apple TV (subtitle, row, subtitle, row etc.). With that you still have the other genre-movies in vision. Comes in handy.

Good work, keep it up Smile
Travis
(2013-03-31, 19:21)thebearnecessit Wrote: anyone else have a problem after the screensavers been on?

my remote won't work, xbmc doesn't respond to any button presses.

reported it on the screensaver thread but it doesnt happen in confluence.

here's a debug log from when the screensaver started and then my xbmc home menu is unresponsive to remote or keyboard.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8966

doenst happen in confluence. there's no problem if im NOT in the home screen when he screensaver kicks in. its ronies screensaver addon im using which i think is the official xbmc.org one now.

im on xbmc 12.0, windows xp.

by the way i also managed to get my music search renamed to "spotify" Big Grin

1 create a script (save a text file as a .py file ):

import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin( "ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary)" )

2. put a line in your favourites.xml that will add a favourite that runs the script

<favourite name="Spotify" thumb="D:\android stuff\addons\addon thumbs\spotty3.jpg">RunScript(d:/stuff/searchmusic/Music_Search.py)

then add that favourite to the home screen.
(2013-04-01, 04:53)travis91ish Wrote: But I came across one really annoying bug (which makes it unusable for me)!
When I'm watching a movie and click on the settings icon the window pops up and THEN disappears just a sec later. I thought it happens as soon as i move the mouse but its not related to that. Sometimes it shuts quicker and sometimes it stays abit longer. Random.
This is causing me some issues if the movie starts playing in the wrong language or has subtitles activated.

Ideas: How about a big grid for the movie library? When choosing a movie with friends it's hard to overview of of them. (maybe like 5x8 movies on one screen?)

Also I kinda like the genre menue from Apple TV (subtitle, row, subtitle, row etc.). With that you still have the other genre-movies in vision. Comes in handy.

I'm almost certain it is related to mouse. Please, disable mouse in XBMC settings and try again. Pressing Up/Down will take you directly to gear icon. Post your findings with mouse disabled.

Sorry, no plans to change views at the moment.

I'm not quite certain what you have in mind when you say "Apple genre menu".
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-04-01, 06:29)thebearnecessit Wrote: here's a debug log from when the screensaver started and then my xbmc home menu is unresponsive to remote or keyboard.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8966

doenst happen in confluence. there's no problem if im NOT in the home screen when he screensaver kicks in. its ronies screensaver addon im using which i think is the official xbmc.org one now.

im on xbmc 12.0, windows xp.

Somebody (you?) already asked about screensaver problem. Conclusion was it does not happen when DIM screen saver is used, only with SLIDESHOW.

Starting from line 2072, debug log shows all kinds of errors, however none related to skin. I would suggest waiting for a reply in add-on thread where you reported a problem. Also, next time you get stuck, try hitting enter/select button on remote.

EDIT:

BTW, Have you disabled mouse in XBMC settings?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

im sorry it was me, i didnt mean to report it twice, i wasn't thinking.

good shout on pressing ok, that works.

its a strange one, i'll await a reply on the screensaver thread. but i suppose its no big deal now if we can just press ok.
Sorry this may have been answered, but how do you fast scroll through, say, a movie list? In other themes you click right then the cursor is in a "scroll bar". This doesn't seem to work in quartz?

Searched the thread, but 198 pages!!!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-04-02, 07:16)nickr Wrote: Sorry this may have been answered, but how do you fast scroll through, say, a movie list? In other themes you click right then the cursor is in a "scroll bar". This doesn't seem to work in quartz?

Searched the thread, but 198 pages!!!

Take a look at skin settings it should be self explanatory. Post here if you need more help.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12