• 140(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Hi everybody

I'm new here and I'm french (so be gentle with my english...)

I just want to thank Pecinko to Quartz.
It just the skin I was looking for (simple, quick and customisable).

I use Quartz 4.1.4 on a my Raspberry (under RASPBMC).
Like fbacher, I have a trouble with custom image.
I explain:

I have create 4 smarts playlists for children's (2 movies and 2 TV Shows).
I state these playlists as Favorites.
I assign them images (locate in "/home/pi/img_favoris/").
When I was in Favorites, the thumbnails appear fine.
Then, I configure "Home media Shelf Customizer" to show Favoris1 and Favoris2.
On Home screen, my favorites appears instead of "new added" but there's no image.
The shortcuts run fine but for my children's, it's not very usefull.

I explore "guisettings.xml".
And I find:
<setting type="string" name="skin.quartz.ShelfMovies.6.Label">Famille</setting>
<setting type="string" name="skin.quartz.ShelfMovies.6.Icon">DefaultPlaylist.png</setting>
I fails to change "DefaultPlaylist.png".
I try "/home/pi/img_favoris/Famille-films.png".
But no success.
And when I reload the "guisettings.xml" file, it's always "DefaultPlaylist.png"

Could you help me to change this image on Home Screen please?
Thanks
(2013-10-09, 12:22)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-10-09, 11:51)bigbadrabbit Wrote: Pecinko,

has development of Quartz been canceled? All i see are updates to Amber (XBMC and Plex).
No up-to-date version of Quartz 3 (XBMC); no fixed and up-to-date version of Quartz for PleXBMC; no port of Quartz for Plex at all...

It's a shame this skin gets no attention anymore...

Quartz is finished skin and bug free (AFAIK). Quartz for plexbmc is maintained by Hippojay. Gotham version of Quartz will probably arrive when Gotham is in beta.

I have some new ideas for Quartz but I don't have much time and they may prove too radical for existing users. So no, not dead yet.

I'm glad you addressed this. Although I like Amber, Quartz is always the skin I end up using. The way simplicity is maintained throughout the navigation and style makes it the least overwhelming skin for people who aren't familiar with XBMC. The only thing on my wishlist is a kiosk mode, but regardless thanks for your hard work.
[
(2013-11-07, 17:26)Stranger Wrote: I'm glad you addressed this. Although I like Amber, Quartz is always the skin I end up using. The way simplicity is maintained throughout the navigation and style makes it the least overwhelming skin for people who aren't familiar with XBMC. The only thing on my wishlist is a kiosk mode, but regardless thanks for your hard work.

And may I ask what's wrong with "kiosk" mode that is already implemented? Smile You have separate settings for scrollbars and view options - just turn them off both.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-11-08, 13:50)pecinko Wrote: [
(2013-11-07, 17:26)Stranger Wrote: I'm glad you addressed this. Although I like Amber, Quartz is always the skin I end up using. The way simplicity is maintained throughout the navigation and style makes it the least overwhelming skin for people who aren't familiar with XBMC. The only thing on my wishlist is a kiosk mode, but regardless thanks for your hard work.

And may I ask what's wrong with "kiosk" mode that is already implemented? Smile You have separate settings for scrollbars and view options - just turn them off both.

I can't believe I overlooked that Blush I guess it's the skin I always wanted after all, thanks again Big Grin
Hi, possible minor bug to report

Skin Version: Latest GIT as of this post
XBMC Version: 12.2

I've split my TV Show menu up using Favourites and toggling them on the home screen, but I've noticed that if I browse through the favourite menus none of the Season art shows up regardless of view mode. Art does show up if I browse through everything in the default "TV Shows" menu.

Great skin by the way.
Try using smart playlists (wiki) instead of favourites to group/separate your shows.
(2013-11-16, 08:38)artrafael Wrote: Try using smart playlists (wiki) instead of favourites to group/separate your shows.

Yeah that does work, but the original bug still stands, I'm figuring out the skin XML stuff at the moment, does the dev accept patchfiles?
Alternative/new home screen idea (400.000 thread views anniversary edition):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178474

EDIT: Don't be shy to vote Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pecinko, in the media info and big list views you used a grey back thumb for each item title while the basic list looks much better without one. Is there a chance you can upload the uncompressed textures or point me to the right .xml & line so I can delete it?

(2013-11-23, 16:56)Stranger Wrote: Pecinko, in the media info and big list views you used a grey back thumb for each item title while the basic list looks much better without one. Is there a chance you can upload the uncompressed textures or point me to the right .xml & line so I can delete it?

Quartz is in my Git repo so just grab it from there.

If you have in mind greyish backgound in a list I'm not sure how easy it would be to get it removed. You may delete texture, but I'm not sure it won't affect other things as well. I need to have a closer look at the code which will probably happen next week if I grab some time to make updates for Gotham.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-11-25, 01:09)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 16:56)Stranger Wrote: Pecinko, in the media info and big list views you used a grey back thumb for each item title while the basic list looks much better without one. Is there a chance you can upload the uncompressed textures or point me to the right .xml & line so I can delete it?

Quartz is in my Git repo so just grab it from there.

If you have in mind greyish backgound in a list I'm not sure how easy it would be to get it removed. You may delete texture, but I'm not sure it won't affect other things as well. I need to have a closer look at the code which will probably happen next week if I grab some time to make updates for Gotham.

Thanks, deleting 'ListBG.png' in the 'img' folder did the trick and hasn't affected anything so far. It looks much better in my opinion, i guess it makes the selected item more prominent.
I've had this strange issue start in quartz where I have highlighting in the corners which I believe should be around the selection box. I have no clue what caused it, I have reinstalled the skin and it has the same issue, and I tried a different skin based off of quartz and it has the same issue. Any ideas?

(2013-11-30, 18:24)drivesoslow Wrote: I've had this strange issue start in quartz where I have highlighting in the corners which I believe should be around the selection box. I have no clue what caused it, I have reinstalled the skin and it has the same issue, and I tried a different skin based off of quartz and it has the same issue. Any ideas?

This occurs only with Gotham, not Frodo (at least on Raspberry).
Personally, I've updated images used to display this fade effect. Maybe pecinko is working on Gotham version and will fix this issue...
(2013-11-30, 18:43)webjib Wrote:
(2013-11-30, 18:24)drivesoslow Wrote: I've had this strange issue start in quartz where I have highlighting in the corners which I believe should be around the selection box. I have no clue what caused it, I have reinstalled the skin and it has the same issue, and I tried a different skin based off of quartz and it has the same issue. Any ideas?

This occurs only with Gotham, not Frodo (at least on Raspberry).
Personally, I've updated images used to display this fade effect. Maybe pecinko is working on Gotham version and will fix this issue...

Can you point me to the images that are causing the issue?

EDIT:

~/.xbmc/addons/skin.quartz/media/img/DefaultGradient.png
Currently loving the Media Info 2 view. The poster to fanart/info transition is great but unfortunately it shows the full plot rather than the plot outline. I imagine I could fix this with a quick edit but maybe an option could also be implemented into the next update.

Edit: I'm Struggling to find the correct line to edit. I guess its in the 'View_Videos.xml' and starting from line 667...
(do 'plot outlines' have to be in the includes?, I could use some help if anyone has the time)

Code:
<viewtype label="$LOCALIZE[544] 2">Media info 2</viewtype>
          <focusposition>3</focusposition>
          <movement>4</movement>
          <preloaditems>4</preloaditems>
          <scrolltime tween="sine" easing="inout">280</scrolltime>
          <include>LargeListMoviesLayout</include>
          <include>LargeListMVideosEpisodesLayout</include>
          <include>LargeListFilesLayout</include>
          <include>LargeListSeasonsTVPostersLayout</include>
        </control>
        <include>LargeListSlider</include>
      </control>
      <include>LargeListFade</include>
      <control type="scrollbar" id="60">
        <posx>39r</posx>
        <posy>147</posy>
        <height>882</height>
        <onleft>54</onleft>
        <onright>noop</onright>
      </control>
    </control>
    <control type="group" description="Fanart 1">
      <visible>Control.IsVisible(57)</visible>
      <control type="image" description="fanart">
        <posx>0</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>1080</height>
        <fadetime>300</fadetime>
        <animation effect="fade" time="300">Visible</animation>
        <animation effect="fade" time="300">Hidden</animation>
        <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
        <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>
      </control>
      <control type="image">
        <include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
        <texture>img/Vignette_57.png</texture>
      </control>
      <control type="group" description="Faded Info thumbs">
        <animation effect="fade" delay="100" time="300">Visible</animation>
        <animation effect="fade" time="0">Hidden</animation>
        <posx>60</posx>
        <posy>406</posy>
        <control type="group" description="Regular Posters">
          <control type="image" description="Thumb">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>330</width>
            <height>480</height>
            <include>Icon_Fade</include>
            <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
            <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
          </control>
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>330</width>
            <height>480</height>
            <texture border="3">img/CoverOverlay0.png</texture>
          </control>
        </control>
      </control>
      <!--<control type="group" description="Thumbs no info">
        <posy>285</posy>
        <visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot)</visible>
        <control type="image" description="Thumb Reflection">
          <posx>180</posx>
          <posy>720</posy>
          <width>621</width>
          <height>720</height>
          <texture background="true" diffuse="img/Reflection0Long.png" flipy="true">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</texture>
          <aspectratio aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
        </control>
          <posx>180</posx>
          <posy>0</posy>
          <width>621</width>
          <height>720</height>
          <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
          <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
        </control>
          <posx>180</posx>
          <posy>0</posy>
          <width>621</width>
          <height>720</height>
          <bordertexture border="3">img/CoverOverlay0.png</bordertexture>
          <texture diffuse="img/DiffuseE.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</texture>
          <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
        </control>
      </control>-->
      <control type="group" description="Media info">
        <posx>60</posx>
        <posy>47</posy>
        <!--<control type="image" description="Line">
          <posx>0</posx>
          <posy>860</posy>
          <height>1</height>
          <width>880</width>
          <texture>img/LineST.png</texture>
        </control>-->
        <control type="group">
          <posx>390</posx>
          <posy>300</posy>
          <control type="textbox" description="Plot51">
            <width>470</width>
            <height>500</height>
            <include>Plot51Commons</include>
            <label>$VAR[Plots]</label>
          </control>
        </control>
        <control type="group" description="Right">
          <posx>0</posx>
          <posy>752</posy>
          <control type="label" description="Genre">
            <posy>130</posy>
            <width>860</width>
            <include>Genre500Commons</include>
            <label>[COLOR=Grey]$LOCALIZE[515]:[/COLOR] $INFO[ListItem.Genre]</label>
          </control>
          <control type="label" description="Details">
            <posy>170</posy>
            <height>33</height>
            <width>860</width>
            <label>[COLOR=Grey]$LOCALIZE[33029]:[/COLOR] $VAR[500TopLabel]$VAR[Trailer, • ]$INFO[ListItem.MPAA, • ]</label>
          </control>
          <!--<control type="label" description="MPAA">
            <posy>200</posy>
            <label>[COLOR=Grey]$LOCALIZE[20074]:[/COLOR] $INFO[ListItem.MPAA]</label>
          </control>-->
        </control>
      </control>
      <control type="group">
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-243" time="0" condition="StringCompare(Container.NumItems,1)">conditional</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-243" time="0" condition="StringCompare(Container.NumItems,2)">conditional</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-162" time="0" condition="StringCompare(Container.NumItems,3)">conditional</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-162" time="0" condition="StringCompare(Container.NumItems,4)">conditional</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-81" time="0" condition="StringCompare(Container.NumItems,5)">conditional</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-81" time="0" condition="StringCompare(Container.NumItems,6)">conditional</animation>
        <posx>1040</posx>
        <posy>384</posy>
        <control type="group" description="Slider">
          <animation condition="Control.HasFocus(60)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="960,519" time="300" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <animation condition="Control.HasFocus(60)" effect="zoom" start="100" end="0" time="300" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <include>Slider4</include>
          <animation condition="Container(57).Position(0)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-405" time="180" easing="inout" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <animation condition="Container(57).Position(1)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-324" time="180" easing="inout" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <animation condition="Container(57).Position(2)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-243" time="180" easing="inout" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <animation condition="Container(57).Position(3)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-162" time="180" easing="inout" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <animation condition="Container(57).Position(4)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-81" time="180" easing="inout" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <animation condition="Container(57).Position(5)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,0" time="180" easing="inout" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <animation condition="Container(57).Position(6)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,81" time="180" easing="inout" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <animation condition="Container(57).Position(7)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,162" time="180" easing="inout" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <animation condition="Container(57).Position(8)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,243" time="180" easing="inout" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <animation condition="Container(57).Position(9)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,324" time="180" easing="inout" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
          <animation condition="Container(57).Position(10)" effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,405" time="180" easing="inout" reversible="true">Conditional</animation>
        </control>
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12