• 152(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
(2014-10-13, 12:35)kingdingaling Wrote: Is there any way that 'Favourites' could be it's own main menu item.

Maybe, if I decide to re-work main menu.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Will Quartz be adjusted to work with the upcoming Kodi v14? Smile
The Real Skimshady
Love this skin - very simple to use and fast but every now and then on my Android box, the skin reverts to the default confluence skin and while i can get back the quartz skin, all my custom menus are gone. Any ideas on how to prevent this or even a simple way to backup and restore the custom menus? I set it up for my elderly mom and can't expect her to fix the menu when this happens.
(2014-10-17, 07:00)superryo Wrote: Love this skin - very simple to use and fast but every now and then on my Android box, the skin reverts to the default confluence skin and while i can get back the quartz skin, all my custom menus are gone. Any ideas on how to prevent this or even a simple way to backup and restore the custom menus? I set it up for my elderly mom and can't expect her to fix the menu when this happens.

Looks like a problem with your HTpc - sistem file guisettings.xml file gets lost or corrupted.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi all,

yesterday, I have rebuild a new Raspberry and surprise, I have now Quartz 5.0, marvellous ^^

but, yes I have a but ^^ Where is the menu 'Next Epsiode and Recently added', I have just now "Recently added' who are empty (work fine under Confluence) I have put "Skin Widgets" like before but I have see the post of MethosNL

(2014-08-15, 14:06)MethosNL Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 11:34)pecinko Wrote:
(2014-08-15, 11:12)MethosNL Wrote: Hi pecinko,

Just installed the latest version (4.5.5), I see you removed skin.widget support in favor of built-in support.
Is it by design , that episodes that I already watched are still showing in the main menu?

I just love the feature that it hides the already watched items from the home menu , right now It doesn't seem to work anymore Sad

Right. Reasoning was that you have a quick glance of recent items on a shelf and that you can make your own playlists of recent AND unwatched movies if you like and add it to a submenu as your custom items via favorites.

Benefits are that no script is needed, shelf items appear faster and you can use XBMC advanced settings file to increase number of shelf items if you want. Here's an example that will give you 35 of them:

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <recentlyaddeditems>35</recentlyaddeditems>
    <!-- number of recently added items. Defaults to 25 -->
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings> 

Just save this as "advanced settings.xml" and put it in your user data folder

Ahh, thank you for the explanation. I can understand your reasoning! I will look in to creating some new playlists.

But with an "advanced settings.xml", my banner is always empty :=(

Who could help me ?

Rgds
Akhlan
Version 5 is not finished yet. Please, stick to ver 4.2 for now - it is in xbmc official repository or here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/skin.quartz/
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I don't understand, I have just download Quartz 4.5.5 on yr Github, it's not me who a put the version 5...

In my other RPi, I have Quartz 4.5.2...

I need to use 4.5.1, 4.5.2 or 4.5.5 Huh Big Grin

EDIT : I have put 4.5.2 like my other RPi
Great skin however i really wish there was a Director button/option to view films a director has made.
(2014-10-14, 15:05)skimshady Wrote: Will Quartz be adjusted to work with the upcoming Kodi v14? Smile
I'd like to know the same.. I upgraded to the release candidate and had to move away from Quartz because of constant crashes. Even though Sio2 is nice, I would love to get back to Quartz on Kodi.

Are there plans?
(2014-12-08, 15:47)mediumdry Wrote:
(2014-10-14, 15:05)skimshady Wrote: Will Quartz be adjusted to work with the upcoming Kodi v14? Smile
I'd like to know the same.. I upgraded to the release candidate and had to move away from Quartz because of constant crashes. Even though Sio2 is nice, I would love to get back to Quartz on Kodi.

Are there plans?

I've been using Quartz V5 on Kodi (ATV2 & OSX) since the first alpha (Kodi) release with only a few issues which I navigate around until it is fully compatible with Kodi. Version 5 Quartz is awesome!
I'll give Quartz5 a spin!
(2014-12-09, 09:14)flossie Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 15:47)mediumdry Wrote:

Are there plans?

I've been using Quartz V5 on Kodi (ATV2 & OSX) since the first alpha (Kodi) release with only a few issues which I navigate around until it is fully compatible with Kodi. Version 5 Quartz is awesome!
Hi, how did you manage to come around using the built in keyboard ?
Your assistance will be appreciated
(2014-12-12, 08:10)Yigo Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 09:14)flossie Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 15:47)mediumdry Wrote: I'd like to know the same.. I upgraded to the release candidate and had to move away from Quartz because of constant crashes. Even though Sio2 is nice, I would love to get back to Quartz on Kodi.

Are there plans?

Hi, how did you manage to come around using the built in keyboard ?
Your assistance will be appreciated

That's one of the workarounds at the moment, I don't. If I need to use functionality which is a problem with V5 I just change skins. I'm happy to do this until a compatible version is released.
Got it I assumed so
Thanks a lot
hey pecinko! i love this skin!! however you cannot add favorites shortcuts in home shelf. seems broken to me.

EDIT: this is in quartz 5
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12