• 2(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Thanks for this skin, great job for someone who doesn't call himself a skin maker. Big Grin
I just found one small bug, always show clock appears twice and also, not sure if it's a bug, but info panelConfusedmall fanart affects both movies and TV shows, can that be made separate?
Japaja Wrote:Thanks for this skin, great job for someone who doesn't call himself a skin maker. Big Grin

Thanks. I really don't like "skinner" too much:-)

Quote:I just found one small bug, always show clock appears twice and also, not sure if it's a bug, but info panelConfusedmall fanart affects both movies and TV shows, can that be made separate?

Thanks, both added to a list.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Lightbulb 
Shoesy Wrote:What's on the roadmap for the future? Any chance of PVR compatibility?

Thanks.

Yeah, those are good questions. Let me try to answer with some explanation added.

I waited a long time for a similar skin to appear as I was always unsatisfied (partially as I'm that kind of a person) with skins a have tried. They either looked good but was harder to use or it was the other way around. If somehow a skin provided a reasonable compromise between these two requirements, it was laggy. This of course is to a great extent just matter of personal taste.

Skin I made solves all this - at least for me and my family it does. To be quite frank, from my point of view, there is nothing to add and a work I'm doing now is primarily aimed as contribution to community.

If it proves that there is an user database out there that like to use this kind of a skin, I'll try my best to keep it going. I will also need some from community with graphics and to some extent with coding. I have no use for PVR ATM, nor do I have means to test it out.

Still, if someone is willing to do it, I will gladly make it a part of a skin. The same goes about graphics. In other words - let's do it together as log as it stays in boundaries of this skin philosophy - simple, elegant and thin.

What I would like to do in most recent future is to provide a set of folder icons (what you see when browsing library or files), change the rest of OSD icons (circled ones) and provide Plexbmc support. And probably add those random items... ;-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I've been looking for a good, light skin for my ATV2. So far I'm using Confluence but it's just not right. Is this any faster?

Custom Home items - So I can add, say Icefilms to the Home Screen? I

f this is fast on ATV2 then I think this is exactly what I've been looking for.
It is fast, very customizable - but in an easy way! Perfect so far
Hey Peckinko - I made a mockup of what I was talking about for a potential OSD / console bit. Thinking about it now it seems like it might be a bit away from your vision, but I post it here for discussion anyway. I've got all the pieces as a big labeled / layered photoshop file if you do fancy using it...

Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
Shoesy Wrote:Hey Peckinko - I made a mockup of what I was talking about for a potential OSD / console bit. Thinking about it now it seems like it might be a bit away from your vision, but I post it here for discussion anyway. I've got all the pieces as a big labeled / layered photoshop file if you do fancy using it...

Nice work!

Don't know about others but I'm curious how it would look like with flat icons (Quicktime like). Maybe a little smaller, too.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

You're probably right - more I look at the above the more 90's it feels.

Here is a more modern look...

I must admit I like second one better.

Now, that cover looks nice but is that really necessary as a part of OSD?

Hmm.. you are on ATV2, right? Could adding "i" button, that would open movie information ("i" on your keyboard) eliminate the need for cover on OSD?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:I must admit I like second one better.

Now, that cover looks nice but is that really necessary as a part of OSD?

Hmm.. you are on ATV2, right? Could adding "i" button, that would open movie information ("i" on your keyboard) eliminate the need for cover on OSD?

I like having the cover on there for me, with live tv it means I can see what channel I'm on. Your right though it is difficult to get the info screen up with atv- will get an 'i' button fixed up. Will probably use a serif font think as helvetica might be a bit weirdish...
Shoesy Wrote:I like having the cover on there for me, with live tv it means I can see what channel I'm on. Your right though it is difficult to get the info screen up with atv- will get an 'i' button fixed up. Will probably use a serif font think as helvetica might be a bit weirdish...

I see.. Haven't though of that as I don't use it.

What I see as a problem is that you loose 1/4 of screen estate with cover, which you don't mind seeing if you watch your movies and just want to RW or something. That's why I thought it might be good to put an "i" button. That way, we have larger OSD + top part of a screen for bigger channel/media info.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Wow. This is exactly what I have looking for. Beautiful.
Any plans to add more views for movies?
Is there an easy way to get back to what is currently playing after exiting back to the menu?
Pete7 Wrote:Wow. This is exactly what I have looking for. Beautiful.
Any plans to add more views for movies?
Is there an easy way to get back to what is currently playing after exiting back to the menu?

Thanks.

Now playing button in side menu or home screen (xbmc section).

What view would you like to see? Post a mockup or screenshot, please.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Here you go - now sporting an info button...

Pecinko
Works fine fella, I've got it set there at the moment. One small problem I did notice is there is no scroll bar on the 'select source' file list- which makes scrolling through long lists very difficult (as you have to drag down to move the cursor down one space). Other than that works really nicely.
If you wanted to improve it you could build in support for the new drag and drop scrolling on the transport - like in the default confluence skin- as I said I think this stems from the 'Joggler' skin, I guess Jezz_X would know...
I'll let you know if I run into any other ipad problems, there are a couple of minor ones kicking around I think, will make a note.
======================

OK, please do. I'll gladly fix it. I don't have the iPad (yet) so I can not test it thoroughly.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12