• 19(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
pecinko Wrote:But once you get used to them, they don't get in a way and your lists looks less like LOTTO tickets:-), or?

Yes, looks good and minimal, but still hard to see. Maybe if there was only the watched indicator (eye) without the circle for unwatched items. That would help a little bit.
I have to agree, maybe it's because it's on 720p screen, but I can't really tell if it is watched or not.

Thanks for this great skin.
dukevim Wrote:I have to agree, maybe it's because it's on 720p screen, but I can't really tell if it is watched or not.

Ok, I think I have a solution for watched/unwatched marks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

dynaflash Wrote:Not to beat a dead horse but if at some point you wanted to make the library update display a bit more like in confluence ... feel free. If not no issues Wink

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with how it is in Confluence but I would still like to know what seams to be missing. I hope you won't tell me you prefer progress bars over progress labels :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

1. I think I can sqeeze additional view (while keeping side view options from scrolling). Any suggestions?

Notes:

- I will NOT add classical wall view (aka gappless covers full screen patchwork can't find anything but it looks cool). I can add something similar to Apple Trailers view on ATV2, if that's good enough wall like view
- it does not have to be wall view it could be anything else that you find usefull

2. I'm thinking about alternate vertical home page, simpler one, without submenu items (PM3.HD/Transparency like)

Feedback me :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

One more issue, when go to any addon and than quickly back to home menu - no remote control working on apple tv2, only menu button is working on home screen when I go (press menu) favorites remote control is working in favorites, then I select any favorite go there and back and home menu control is working again.
As for view mode, may be it is possible to add view like this:http://cl.ly/1o0p1w3K1K0s45053t0V
pecinko Wrote:I'm not saying there is anything wrong with how it is in Confluence but I would still like to know what seams to be missing. I hope you won't tell me you prefer progress bars over progress labels :-)

Sorry please disregard. I was looking at it on my setup that had crappy overscan adjustment and it was cutting off the top progress readout when doing a scan of both the music and video libraries.

Fwiw. it looks like jmarshall has fixed the scanning issue for music in git head. Testing it right now.
alexdzn Wrote:One more issue, when go to any addon and than quickly back to home menu - no remote control working on apple tv2, only menu button is working on home screen when I go (press menu) favorites remote control is working in favorites, then I select any favorite go there and back and home menu control is working again.

Working fine with Dharma so this is probably nightly build issue.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Working fine with Dharma so this is probably nightly build issue.

There is currently a threading issue that is freezing up the ui in both ios as well as linux afaik. its being worked on in git head..
pecinko Wrote:2. I'm thinking about alternate vertical home page, simpler one, without submenu items (PM3.HD/Transparency like)

Feedback me :-)

As long as the current one is still available... The simple, obvious, customizable sub headings are what made Quartz my skin of choice. I'm a little surprised that no other skin has anything like it, to be honest.

Simon.
No worries Simon, that won't change.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko,
you're skin is great, even on a SD-TV its still easilly readable and snappy.

I noticed that you removed the large list to emphazise the background-fanart in a better way.
But if you disable the fanart the list-view seems to be a little bit odd (fanart off: bette speed on low-power-htpc).
Would it be possible to integrate an option for becoming also a larger list as before?
Beside that, everything fine as usual.

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
ubuntuf4n Wrote:I noticed that you removed the large list to emphazise the background-fanart in a better way.
But if you disable the fanart the list-view seems to be a little bit odd (fanart off: bette speed on low-power-htpc).

May I ask, on what HW are you running Quartz? Does provided backgrounds come handy?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Sure,
I am using it on my second system,
it's an Intel Centrino 1.6Ghz Notebook with an Ati Mobility X600 and 1.5gb Ram. OS is WinXp 32-bit.
Retrieving data over Wifi from a Network-Server. Connected to a very nice SD-TV.
(Nobody might know it, but a SD-TV gives still the best PictureQuality while playing SD-Sources. lol)

The system sounds pretty old (and it is for sure), but it plays even 720p files over wifi without any struggle.
(I know I can't see 720p on a SD-TV :-)

The provided backgrounds are perfect. I can not see any slowdowns from them.
Only the mentioned fanart causes some trouble, but the reason could be that I am using wifi for retrieving the data (or the cpu).

By disabling the fanart, the system runs fast as lightning and covers are shown instantly and without any pause.
As mentioned disabling the fanart (in the latest build), brings me into a odd-world because there is so much space which seems to be unused then.

Nevertheless, when I use your skin it always gives me a perfect feeling, because it is so self-describing and easy to navigate, especially in kiosk-mode. And at the night the overall dark-theme makes it very comfortable to scroll through those menus, that's easy on the eyes!

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12