• 27(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Pecinko, thanks for your work, this skin is my new default. Allowing a one click static background image is just what I was looking for for atv and atv2 installs. But I also use it on my Mac Mini Smile

I do have some questions though...

I have a directory for documentaries and I added it under TV shows, as its location is a favourite. I had to give the name for it twice, the first time it seemed like I had to delete the folderstructure first, but I cannot be sure, as the name field stays on the first characters, meaning everything that's too long to be displayed will never be.

So this leads to 2 things:
1-Can you have input fields follow to the cursor? I didn't know how much to backspace, or what I deleted, untill I got to the part that fit on screen.
2-There may be a bug in adding folder favourites, as it asks for a name twice (the same screen, just different pre-filled info)

Other than that, I just have feature requests..
a-Can you add a way to easily start a scan for new videos?
b-Could you allow custom menus? Right now I have only Movies/TV Shows/XBMC, I'd love to have a few custom ones, so I can fill it with for instance TV channels and other add-ons.

again, thanks.

MD
Just to add, a feature request.. since I'm not using fanart and I am using banners for tv shows, I'd love an alternate of the "wide" option, much like there is a media info and media info 2 view, I'd love a second "wide" view option that would extend to the top of the screen. Not much else is needed and it would give more space for the tv show information too.

Similarly, for movies, I love media info 2, but if you move the poster a little to the left, you have a nice space for year, minutes, trailer and score next to it, which gives more space for the info. Also, the title is a bit much there, as it's already on the right and generally in the movie poster.

I hope these comments are helpful Wink
Mattgeorge Wrote:Just picked up an appletv and this is my favorite skin so far because of it's simplicity and responsiveness on the appletv

Anyways. I don't know if I'm retarded or what but I can't figure out how to customize the menu. I think u have to add the item to your favorites first? I see where u can hide submenus but I need to add a new one

If I goto home window options then custom I see fav 1-5 but when I click on one I get a can not find favorites.XML error

I want to make a menu for "online media" where I put hulu and other such programs. Can someone walk me through it?

Yup, you have to populate your favourites first in order to assign them to menu items later. Everything should be working just fine here - please post a debbug log in case you're experiencing problems.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

When assigning favs to custom links skin pulls existing favourite name and icon. Just press ok/enter if you like to keep them. If the labels are too long, edit them through favourites or rename them while assigning to custom links.

If I missunderstood please add some screenshots and more info about how to reproduce a problem.

mediumdry Wrote:Pecinko, thanks for your work, this skin is my new default. Allowing a one click static background image is just what I was looking for for atv and atv2 installs. But I also use it on my Mac Mini Smile

I do have some questions though...

I have a directory for documentaries and I added it under TV shows, as its location is a favourite. I had to give the name for it twice, the first time it seemed like I had to delete the folderstructure first, but I cannot be sure, as the name field stays on the first characters, meaning everything that's too long to be displayed will never be.

So this leads to 2 things:
1-Can you have input fields follow to the cursor? I didn't know how much to backspace, or what I deleted, untill I got to the part that fit on screen.
2-There may be a bug in adding folder favourites, as it asks for a name twice (the same screen, just different pre-filled info)

Other than that, I just have feature requests..
a-Can you add a way to easily start a scan for new videos?
b-Could you allow custom menus? Right now I have only Movies/TV Shows/XBMC, I'd love to have a few custom ones, so I can fill it with for instance TV channels and other add-ons.

again, thanks.

MD
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@mediumdry

Regarding the suggestions I'll think about it and respond next week. I'm on iPhone and using crappy internet connection ATM.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Guys,

I'm I right in assumption that this extended mpaa info
- rated pg-13 because of blah blah
Instead of
- rated pg-13
Is some reacent change? I have never seen such an extended info previously.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pecinko question: how hard would it be to make it so that the thumbnails across the top for say ... recent movies could include more than the width of the screen can hold and it could scroll, so maybe you could specify say 20 most recent movies and then it would scroll as you moved to the end of the screen ? I presume right now its a fixed number which looks to be 9 ?

Btw, been playing with is now for some time. As always besides a couple very small things which are really pretty inconsequential, it *rocks* !
Pecinko:

A huge THANK YOU! This skin is exactly what I've been looking for. Not only is it fast and great looking, but the ability to easily fully customize the Home screen allows me to finally make XBMC user friendly for the whole family.
Pecinko

I'm not sure if this is something I did, but the HD tag and the audio tag arn't showing up anymore. Also, would it be posable to use genre posters for movies/shows and music?
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
Xbmc returns only 10 recently added items which serves more like preview. Recently added menu link leads to a longish RA list.

What are the other bits you're missing?

dynaflash Wrote:Pecinko question: how hard would it be to make it so that the thumbnails across the top for say ... recent movies could include more than the width of the screen can hold and it could scroll, so maybe you could specify say 20 most recent movies and then it would scroll as you moved to the end of the screen ? I presume right now its a fixed number which looks to be 9 ?

Btw, been playing with is now for some time. As always besides a couple very small things which are really pretty inconsequential, it *rocks* !
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

ChipsAhoy Wrote:Pecinko:

A huge THANK YOU! This skin is exactly what I've been looking for. Not only is it fast and great looking, but the ability to easily fully customize the Home screen allows me to finally make XBMC user friendly for the whole family.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was hopping to achieve with Quartz.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

scrolling Wrote:Pecinko

I'm not sure if this is something I did, but the HD tag and the audio tag arn't showing up anymore. Also, would it be posable to use genre posters for movies/shows and music?

Have you turned off extraction of media info from files?

Do you have a link to some genre posters that could fit in nicely?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Have you turned off extraction of media info from files?
No, I believe I have it on it supposed to be off?

pecinko Wrote:Do you have a link to some genre posters that could fit in nicely?
I have used the ones from here for music. And for movies/tv shows. and here
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
You need to turn on the one above it:

Extract thumbs and video info so xbmc can get video and audio info and show appropriate flags. (warrning - last time I checked this was NOT recommended for ATV2 platform)

I'll take a look at links you sent, thanks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Guys,

I'm I right in assumption that this extended mpaa info
- rated pg-13 because of blah blah
Instead of
- rated pg-13
Is some reacent change? I have never seen such an extended info previously.

I use EMM-R to scrape most of my movies, and it includes the additional info in the <mpaa> tag of the nfo.

Did some more checking, and it appears that they are universally of the for "Rated PG-13 for..." Not all the skins I have used include all the information, so I'm assuming is possible to parse the <mpaa> tag and drop everything starting with the word "for..."
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12