• 28(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
rich_stwrt Wrote:Did some more checking, and it appears that they are universally of the for "Rated PG-13 for..." Not all the skins I have used include all the information, so I'm assuming is possible to parse the <mpaa> tag and drop everything starting with the word "for..."

You are right it is possible. Nowever, IMO, it will unnecessarily slow skin down and it definately is like buying chocolate pancakes in order to do 'manual' strawberry jam replacement by yourself.

Unfortunatelly it appears to be the only poswible solution ATM.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Guys, I'm back from vacation.

Please, post any other shortcomming/missing stuff so I can have a peek at it before I submit skin to the official repo.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pecinko, I just wanted to say thank you. This is the perfect skin to go with my Apple TV 2.

Only thing I can think of right now is the current local weather displayed beside the time. This is a very very small thing, but would be nice to have.

Keep up the great work.
Welcome back. Here's hoping your vacation was pleasant and relaxing. Thank you for the great work on this skin.

I'm using this skin on my ATV2 and I'm trying to reduce the idle CPU %. So far I've found that if you modify Home.xml and add

[HTML]
<visible>system.getbool(lookandfeel.enablerssfeeds)</visible>
[/HTML]

to the rss control at the bottom, it will significantly reduce the idle CPU (assuming, of course, that you've disabled the RSS feed). I have no idea why a empty rss control spikes the CPU, but it does. Perhaps it's constantly repainting or something.

Also, editing Includes.xml and removing the animation from the clock will drop CPU significantly.

With these changes plus dirty regions enabled, my ATV2 is idling at 0% with a jump up to 7-15% every few seconds.
Pecinko
I'm making some custom folder icons and noticed that in videos - movies that the title is referencing the DefaultFolder.png file instead of the DefaultMoviesTitle.png file. I''m not a programmer so I don't know where to start looking.

HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
I am using stable build of dharma with atv2. Downloaded skin.quartz-1.03.zip and during install got "dependencies not met". This is what i have in the require in addon.xml

<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11" />
<import addon="script.favourites" version="2.0.0" />
<import addon="script.recentlyadded" version="2.0.5" />
<import addon="script.randomitems" version="1.0.11" />
</requires>

Any help would be much appreciated
All builds for Atv2 are nightly. You have to use "Quartz (nightly)". Please reffer to a first post in this thread for instructions.

vskatusa Wrote:I am using stable build of dharma with atv2. Downloaded skin.quartz-1.03.zip and during install got "dependencies not met". This is what i have in the require in addon.xml

<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="2.11" />
<import addon="script.favourites" version="2.0.0" />
<import addon="script.recentlyadded" version="2.0.5" />
<import addon="script.randomitems" version="1.0.11" />
</requires>

Any help would be much appreciated
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

scrolling Wrote:Pecinko
I'm making some custom folder icons and noticed that in videos - movies that the title is referencing the DefaultFolder.png file instead of the DefaultMoviesTitle.png file. I''m not a programmer so I don't know where to start looking.

It's either a bug in xbmc or is meant to be that way - devs would know better.

In either case, skin does not have control over default icons that get returned in case no thumb is available - you supply icons but xbmc decides when and which is used.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Many thanks.

It was pleasant but short, as always :-)

Nice find with rss. I will definitely use it in the skin. If you find some other possible speed or usability optimizations, feel free to post them as I'm always interested in this kind of improvements. Thanks a bunch.

Jeff17 Wrote:Welcome back. Here's hoping your vacation was pleasant and relaxing. Thank you for the great work on this skin.

I'm using this skin on my ATV2 and I'm trying to reduce the idle CPU %. So far I've found that if you modify Home.xml and add

[HTML]
<visible>system.getbool(lookandfeel.enablerssfeeds)</visible>
[/HTML]

to the rss control at the bottom, it will significantly reduce the idle CPU (assuming, of course, that you've disabled the RSS feed). I have no idea why a empty rss control spikes the CPU, but it does. Perhaps it's constantly repainting or something.

Also, editing Includes.xml and removing the animation from the clock will drop CPU significantly.

With these changes plus dirty regions enabled, my ATV2 is idling at 0% with a jump up to 7-15% every few seconds.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

You have to love non-demanding audience:-) Gives man a chance to actually catch a breath :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Okay, if nobody else has requests, how about adding support for the new 'Movies by Director' feature?
To keep you bussy, i found some bug Wink

Notice the rating txt through the icons
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8128/...ot177s.png
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:To keep you bussy, i found some bug Wink

Notice the rating txt through the icons
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8128/...ot177s.png

Or you just change some setup in Ember and refresh your movies Smile
butchabay Wrote:Or you just change some setup in Ember and refresh your movies Smile
There is nothing wrong with my setup as it workshop fine in other skins i use like Aeon Nox. Imaybe think the wrong field is used as there are two. One with rating and one with the rating+text.
The text shouldn't run through the icons. Maybe schrink down and make scrolling text.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Great job! I really like the skin. If I could change one thing it would be nice to have a separate column on the home window for the custom add-on favorites rather than have them clutter the other columns. Looks and runs extremely well on my ATV2. Thanks!
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12