• 33(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Installed quartz today on my 2 ATV2's... got to say I really like it, far quicker than confluence (my favourite skin, and the one I always end up going back to), and I like how it fits nicely with the ATV menu, making XBMC look like its an apple application.
One question though, on confluence you can exit XBMC easily from the home screen, by pressing up and enter.. on Quartz I can only find an exit at the bottom of the XBMC menu on the far right. Is there a quicker way I'm unaware of to exit XBMC using the quartz skin?
lil_bluenose Wrote:Installed quartz today on my 2 ATV2's... got to say I really like it, far quicker than confluence (my favourite skin, and the one I always end up going back to), and I like how it fits nicely with the ATV menu, making XBMC look like its an apple application.
One question though, on confluence you can exit XBMC easily from the home screen, by pressing up and enter.. on Quartz I can only find an exit at the bottom of the XBMC menu on the far right. Is there a quicker way I'm unaware of to exit XBMC using the quartz skin?

Hold menu button :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Hold menu button :-)

Ahhhhhh.... Thankyou !!!! Nod
Eugene Wrote:Ahoj, pecinko

I am an autor of that addon BASARAB is talking about.

The reason of so long lables is that standard lists doesn't support any normal way to display item title and item description separately.

здравствуй Eugene

standard list view is used mainly to show items without description. You have to choose infolist if you want plot or other info.

May I suggest you take a look at Youtube addon and switch view to fanart or infolist from default thumbnails in Confluence skin. I'm suggesting that you can probably move some of the info from a label to a plot instead.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko, i'll check youtube addon, thanks.
afair there were some issues with extra info in standard views some time ago, that was a reason, why everything is compiled into the main label. may be situation is much better now.
also, i'll try to check your skin (if it's really so fast as feedback says, it's great) and probably will add a configuration option to support different kinds of views
Yay!! I got the ball rolling for my favorite XBMC add on and favorite skin! Thanks guys!
hi pecinko, great skin thank you. Would you consider implementing a preference to change the default view (I mean that right now you default to list until the user changes it). I feed XBMC with plexbmc plugin, which means that for every new TV season/folder/filter etc. I choose via this plugin I would need to change to my preferred media info view. I edited MyVideoNav.xml to change the order so media info is set first, but it would be nice to have a preference for future if possible. Thanks!
Not possible. At least not in a sane way.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi,

I've noticed a problem with the scroll bar.

I have a set of TV series arranged normally like:

TV -> Series Names -> Seasons -> Episodes

If I am viewing the Episodes of a Season, and the scroll bar is selected, and I press 'back' on the remote control, the view drops back to Seasons, and the scroll bar remains selected.

Unfortunately, if there are not enough Seasons to require scrolling, the scroll bar is invisible, and you can't tell it's selected. This leads to confusion (and 3rd party complaints) as the up-down-select buttons don't seem to work.

I forgot to check the options, but is there a way of disabling the scroll bar? I think I'd rather use page up/down buttons, as the children are still a bit random with the remote (only 2 & 4; they're doing their best...) and occasionally press left/right rather than up/down.

Cheers,

Simon.
Simian Wrote:Hi,

I've noticed a problem with the scroll bar.

I have a set of TV series arranged normally like:

TV -> Series Names -> Seasons -> Episodes

If I am viewing the Episodes of a Season, and the scroll bar is selected, and I press 'back' on the remote control, the view drops back to Seasons, and the scroll bar remains selected.

Unfortunately, if there are not enough Seasons to require scrolling, the scroll bar is invisible, and you can't tell it's selected. This leads to confusion (and 3rd party complaints) as the up-down-select buttons don't seem to work.

I forgot to check the options, but is there a way of disabling the scroll bar? I think I'd rather use page up/down buttons, as the children are still a bit random with the remote (only 2 & 4; they're doing their best...) and occasionally press left/right rather than up/down.

Cheers,

Simon.

You just found a XBMC bug :-) It might be worth to report it/make trac ticket.

Currently you have option to hide scrollbars when using kiosk mode. I'll make it a separate option in pre-Eden but you'll have to wait a couple of days - I'm in the middle of a light skin revamp.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

After I've configured subtitles under settings-skin, det subtitle button in OSD just take me to Info...
dnalleh Wrote:After I've configured subtitles under settings-skin, det subtitle button in OSD just take me to Info...

System, skin ver, screenshotHuh :-)

My guess is you're probably activating the wrong button. You need first one on the left in group of buttons that are on the right side.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

First, thanks for this great skin. Using it on openelec xbmc and I have 2 questions about it:

1. How do I get the display for audio/video-bitrate, framedrops etc. during video play??
2. When I change the zoom level during video play with the center key there is no osd showing me the actual zoom (normal, 14:9, 16:9) which makes finding the right zoom level quite difficult if you don't want to use the menu key and change the zoom there.

Hope this hasn't been asked in one of the 500 posts before - then sorry...

Marc
rudi123 Wrote:1. How do I get the display for audio/video-bitrate, framedrops etc. during video play??
2. When I change the zoom level during video play with the center key there is no osd showing me the actual zoom (normal, 14:9, 16:9) which makes finding the right zoom level quite difficult if you don't want to use the menu key and change the zoom there.

Is that what you get with "O" and "Z" on keyboard? I have fixed it, just wait for next pre-Eden release.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

What a great skin. This is now my daily, besting out xeebo. The customizing options are fantastic. I am wondering if there is a way to add, or edit, so that I have a tab for APPS... and ideally have the top bar display random apps, much like the movies section?
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12