• 34(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
pecinko Wrote:You just found a XBMC bug :-) It might be worth to report it/make trac ticket.

Currently you have option to hide scrollbars when using kiosk mode. I'll make it a separate option in pre-Eden but you'll have to wait a couple of days - I'm in the middle of a light skin revamp.

Ugh, that's much more work than just moaning at you Smile

I haven't changed the setup for a while, so I'll probably just use kiosk mode, assuming I can still use the multi-user login/logout stuff with that.

Cheers,

Simon.
pecinko Wrote:System, skin ver, screenshotHuh :-).

Running Dharma 10.1, and used the Quartz release that's under addons - skin.

I went under settings - quartz, selecte configure subtitle addon and chose xbmc subtitles.
dnalleh Wrote:Running Dharma 10.1, and used the Quartz release that's under addons - skin.

I went under settings - quartz, selecte configure subtitle addon and chose xbmc subtitles.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Simian Wrote:Ugh, that's much more work than just moaning at you Smile

I haven't changed the setup for a while, so I'll probably just use kiosk mode, assuming I can still use the multi-user login/logout stuff with that.

Cheers,

Simon.

I made a trac ticket :-)

You can log in, you can't change views.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Abrasher Wrote:I am wondering if there is a way to add, or edit, so that I have a tab for APPS... and ideally have the top bar display random apps, much like the movies section?

No. But I'm still rethinking a alternate home page layout, though.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Image

I still cant figure out how i missed that! omg! Been using reFocus a bit to long. The subtitle icon there is similar to Quartz' info icon. Smile

Thanks a lot! An amazing skin!
Quote:Is that what you get with "O" and "Z" on keyboard? I have fixed it, just wait for next pre-Eden release.

Great! Thanks a lot.
Love this skin!

WOuld be great to be able to customise home menu, eg option for weather to be pulled out of xbmc menu for example,

but love it, thanks!!
It seams that, although customizable quite a bit, home menu could use some improvement. I would like to have a discussion about it, both organizational and graphical wise.

There are, I guess, 3 options available:

1) Existing layout is probably unmatched for those seeking to have visible submenu for each section. Cons are not being flexible enough for adding more sections. E.g. adding section for Addons would result in some sections getting out of screen or I decreasing font sizes in order to keep readability and provide support for languages that have longer labels

2) AEON like is probably easiest to make and could provide probably greatest flexibility while not covering up backgrounds. Cons are that menu items are out of sight, making it not very intuitive to navigate. I guess Aeon users would disagree, being used to it.

3) Vertical home menu (PM3.HD or Transparency like) gives easy navigation on main sections with optional submenu. It's not looking good with recently added items shown in a way they are now. Submenu items are hidden until focused, which might be good if you have a kid's profile that you want to keep simple while still having opportunity to enable it for grown-ups

ATM, I'm thinking about 3rd option, but I'm open for discussion. Just keep in mind that whatever solution chosen, it must offer easy navigation for kids and non-technical users as well.

Please post your use cases, opinions and/or screen mockups or... keep silent and be surprised.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@pecinko
I know what it means to have 3 different home menus (1 vertical, 2 horizontal) and 2 different recently added layouts. I agree for the 2th option, as it was a pain to take care of placement for all the stuff (now playing, extended now playing, clean home, time and weather, videowindow, recently added, submenus, etc.) in cirrus extended.
Cheers
Hoping someone can help me get my precious Quartz skin back Smile

I have been using the Quartz skin on my ATV2 for some time, I believe I was still on an old version though (0.7.2 ?) Every time I booted I would get a message about Quartz dependencies not being met, so I was unable to upgrade to the latest version. As I understand it the newer versions need the nightly builds to operate.

I attempted to upgrade to XBMC "nightly" using the instructions on this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=How...Apple_TV_2

However when I go into the nito TV menu and check the XBMC menu it still shows 10.0-9. In all this I uninstalled Quartz in an attempt to reinstall but now I can't install either version, as I am not on XBMC 10.1 (as I understand it this is not available on ATV2) and it doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact that I have gone through the nightly install instructions.

Any help? I had uninstalled XBMC from the nito TV menu and followed the XBMC install instructions from scratch above (installing the "Cydia" version first) but I just can't crack it.

Any help much appreciated! I need to get XBMC nightly on my ATV2 so I can get Quartz back I think Smile I am not on the very latest iOS version, do I need to upgrade then jailbreak again or should it work on this slightly older iOS version I'm running?
nufan Wrote:I attempted to upgrade to XBMC "nightly" using the instructions on this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=How...Apple_TV_2

ATV 2 is using nightly builds only ("latest official" being just more tested nightly build) so you need to use pre-Eden version of skin - Quartz (nightly). Take a look at first post in this thread, where you can find instructions how to install Quartz repository. Once you have that installed, use context menu and select "force refresh" so you don't have to wait for XBMC to do it. Skin will be listed in repo you just installed.

Let me know how did it go.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:ATV 2 is using nightly builds only ("latest official" being just more tested nightly build) so you need to use pre-Eden version of skin - Quartz (nightly). Take a look at first post in this thread, where you can find instructions how to install Quartz repository. Once you have that installed, use context menu and select "force refresh" so you don't have to wait for XBMC to do it. Skin will be listed in repo you just installed.

Let me know how did it go.
thanks so much for replying so fast! It was the force refresh that did it! I was then able to install the Quartz (nightly). Huge improvements over the older version I was using, even better now!! Thanks again for the help and the great skin.
butchabay Wrote:@pecinko
I know what it means to have 3 different home menus (1 vertical, 2 horizontal) and 2 different recently added layouts. I agree for the 2th option, as it was a pain to take care of placement for all the stuff (now playing, extended now playing, clean home, time and weather, videowindow, recently added, submenus, etc.) in cirrus extended.
Cheers

So you think 2nd layout would be best? And you are suggesting to avoid maintaining 2 layouts, if possible.

Thanks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Yes, keeping a horizontal menu is my suggestion, that way you'll don't have to change a lot.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12