• 35(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
I find the current menu very intuiative (on ATV2), down for sub menu and up for add-ons, so would hate to see that change...

Though it would be great to customise the home menu further, e.g. moving Weather from XBMC menu to home menu, etc.

I don't think it is a problem to have to scroll right/left to view hidden home menu options (this is per ATV2 menu, so consistent method for ATV2 users), though it would be good if there was an option to set the display order, so the most frequently used items are always on view

Could also consider using mixed case font for home menu rather than all Caps, this should free up a little more space?

I've noticed a little quirk with the XBMC->Settings->addons->Get more addons menu option, when you access it for the first time it displays all the repositories I have. However, if I access it after having first looked for addons via Movies->Addons->Get more, I only see add-ons for the XBMC repository... (I'm using 10.1)
bezza Wrote:I've noticed a little quirk with the XBMC->Settings->addons->Get more addons menu option, when you access it for the first time it displays all the repositories I have. However, if I access it after having first looked for addons via Movies->Addons->Get more, I only see add-ons for the XBMC repository... (I'm using 10.1)

Thanks for feedback about home layout.

As for repo's - they are working fine here. My guess is that there are no video addons in other repos you have, thus they're not offered when you try to Get more from video section?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I decided to keep current layout with addition of addons setion (similar to earliest builds). I will probably add additional layout (still not sure if it will be vertical or horizontal one) with a fewer customization possibilities. It should be easier to use for kids and it might look neater if you have only a 2-3 items active on home page.

I will also add a few views and do some cosmetics on existing ones.

Let me know if you're missing anything.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Pecinko, just noticed this in the logs when scanning a source. Not sure its related to the skin but here is what I get using current git head xbmc as of this morning:
Code:
12:49:54 T:3044857584   ERROR: Error parsing label - missing ']' in "Scanning for new content"
. Just thought I'd toss it out there.
Thanks.

I'l take a look.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

dynaflash Wrote:Pecinko, just noticed this in the logs when scanning a source. Not sure its related to the skin but here is what I get using current git head xbmc as of this morning:
Code:
12:49:54 T:3044857584   ERROR: Error parsing label - missing ']' in "Scanning for new content"
. Just thought I'd toss it out there.

This does not look like a skin problem.

When does this get reported? While scanning video or music library?

BTW, just added weather plus support for new release. (No ETA yet)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:When does this get reported? While scanning video or music library?
yep, fwiw davilla said it was a skin error when I pastebinned him a log for another issue (airtunes).
dynaflash Wrote:yep, fwiw davilla said it was a skin error when I pastebinned him a log for another issue (airtunes).

Well, since the skin is using only system labels in those dialogs, I still think that the problem is probably not skin related :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

oh, ok. fair enough.
pecinko Wrote:Well, since the skin is using only system labels in those dialogs, I still think that the problem is probably not skin related :-)

Apparently as a git pull to new head seems to have removed the errors. Apologies for sending you down a rathole.

Looking forward to new rev of quartz as xbmc is in a hard freeze for eden now Smile
No problem. Glad it got solved.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Lightbulb 
Thanks for the great work! I've been using this skin for a few months now and I'm very happy with how it looks and feels. I especially like how easy it is to turn off all the parts of xbmc that I don't need so I can focus on the parts that I do use and so that others don't accidentally stumble into unknown parts of the system.

One of this skin's strengths is its many different views. When I first installed Quartz, it was fun to cycle through the different views and test them all out. However, after using it for awhile, I find myself using one "main" view and only very occasionally switching to some of the other views. That means that I'm not using many of the items in the "View options" sidebar and it would be nice to have the ability to hide unused options.

Additionally, it would be great if I could add my own items to the view options sidebar. I would love to be able to create some smart playlists and have them easily available in the sidebar alongside the other filters.

Thanks again!

-- Jeff
Thanks, useful suggestions. To be frank, I had similar thing in mind since beginning coding skin. Earlier versions had possibility to turn off certain views.

Challenge is, how to do it in a proper way so it does not end up confusing user. Your suggestions kept me thinking and I may have come up with a solution for improving options menu.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

You can enable Kiosk mode to get rid off unused views
Thanks for the amazing work, in comparison to others this is easily the most navigable interface I have found for my needs. I do have a request that might be able to be integrated in a non intrusive format. Currently I am using Quartz in a touch screen mobile environment, and although I can replicate the "back" functionality without use of the touch screen, the incorporation of a back button would reduce the need for multiple control devices. I was hoping a back button on each screen would be possible, but also understand that this would not assist most users, could this be a function turned on / off in the settings? I appreciate your time and understand if this is not possible, just thought I would ask.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12