• 38(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
Tophicles Wrote:Yes, you're exactly right, when it scans each folder in the main TV folder for new content, it would be nice to see something like "Scanning 'The A-Team' 35%" or whatever Smile

I have some good and some bad news. Good news is we understand each other Smile Bad news is this labels are served by XBMC, so skin has no control over them Sad
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:I have some good and some bad news. Good news is we understand each other Smile Bad news is this labels are served by XBMC, so skin has no control over them Sad

Yeah, I was kind of expecting that... thanks for checking it out though!
Would be cool to see that implemented in XBMC itself...

Cheers!
SpringsteenRadio.com: All Boss, All The Time
radioKAOS: killer internet radio
Guys,

new Home page layout.

What do you say? Smile

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Ha! I love the menu on the right side! Smile to bring video, music addons on home menu is a great addition, since there is no way to bring addons on home via favourites, worked great in dharma.
Nice work mate, keep it up!
butchabay Wrote:Ha! I love the menu on the right side! Smile to bring video, music addons on home menu is a great addition, since there is no way to bring addons on home via favourites, worked great in dharma.
Nice work mate, keep it up!

Thanks!

BTW I just added 2 add-ons in Quartz via favorites (using XBMC today's build)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Thanks!

Is that home menu optional ? on other words is the current one still available? I like it but would like to have the option if possible.

I have two addons via the latest svn and seems to work ok. Nice work as always!
pecinko Wrote:Thanks!

I think you missunderstood Smile it's not the problem adding a specific addon to main menu, but video addons in general, that worked on dharma by pressing "c" on video addons ( to say the root ) and add it to fav. So when i click i have all video addons. In eden you have to access them via submenu or videos, that's why i like your idea to put them directly on home.
Cheers
dynaflash Wrote:Is that home menu optional ? on other words is the current one still available? I like it but would like to have the option if possible.

Nothing is set in stone yet.

I still have the code of the older version but I'm really tempted to delete it Smile as I find that the new layout has some advantages. I can show recently added music videos, can separate programs, pictures, music and video add-ons a allow for each or those custom add-on assignment.

I must admit I'm having more fun with it. If I may borrow your terminology - it's like front row on steroids. I find it efficient and easy to use for kids at the same time.

I'll try to post some more screenshots later and I'm reading and considering all suggestions, as always.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Gotta say would love to have the option for either, but I realize thats an awful lot. Would be easier to say from my pov to try it. Looks great don't get me wrong but imo the current home page has a simplicity to it imo. In the end its your world and we are all just living in it !
dynaflash Wrote:Gotta say would love to have the option for either, but I realize thats an awful lot. Would be easier to say from my pov to try it. Looks great don't get me wrong but imo the current home page has a simplicity to it imo. In the end its your world and we are all just living in it !

I think you're underestimating new layout and will say I was right as soon as you give it a go. Yup, it does not look as ATV2 interface and I'll be throwing away all the changes I've made recently but I really think it's worth it. Simplicity was always a top priority for me and this new release is not different: there are no submenus on new Home page, clicking Movies takes you to straight to movie titles, but you can still browse the library.

That said, I'm trying hard to make a test drive version ready soon. I'll put it in a repo with a different name so it can coexist with a horizontal Quartz. When it's finished, I'll rename it again so it can be pulled as a regular skin update.

BTW, this is not me defending new layout again, though I'm always trying to make Quartz users happy if at all possible. It's just an info about future changes that probably not everybody will like. Still, I'm quite certain most of you will like it a lot.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Sounds good, so far you've been right on so will anxiously await testing out the change. Thanks!
pecinko Wrote:I think you're underestimating new layout and will say I was right as soon as you give it a go. Yup, it does not look as ATV2 interface and I'll be throwing away all the changes I've made recently but I really think it's worth it. Simplicity was always a top priority for me and this new release is not different: there are no submenus on new Home page, clicking Movies takes you to straight to movie titles, but you can still browse the library.

That said, I'm trying hard to make a test drive version ready soon. I'll put it in a repo with a different name so it can coexist with a horizontal Quartz. When it's finished, I'll rename it again so it can be pulled as a regular skin update.

BTW, this is not me defending new layout again, though I'm always trying to make Quartz users happy if at all possible. It's just an info about future changes that probably not everybody will like. Still, I'm quite certain most of you will like it a lot.

Yo Mate, looks nice !

Never forget: It's your Vision and your Project !

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT !!! Laugh
Pecinko, one thing I just noticed is that with quartz ... when trying to activate "CodecInfo" where an overlay is popped up showing the playback technical info nothing happens. Whereas running confluence or transparency you get a nice overlay showing frames dropped, etc.

For example on both openelec and my atv1 linux distro my keymap uses:

Code:
<button id="8">CodecInfo</button>

which on an apple remote means holding down the menu button while a movie is playing.

Wondering if this a big deal to add ?
butchabay Wrote:LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT !!! Laugh

You are absolutely right. If you don't love it you will hate every hour of 10.789 hours you need to invest in order to finish it Smile

And thanks for the support Nod
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12