• 41(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
still paitently waiting this looks awesome update for a already awesome skin, do you have a eta. how were the people selected to get early beta's
JedTheHead Wrote:I just wanted to add to the many others and say THANK YOU! for all your work on this skin. It is fast, elegant, and EXACTLY what I have been looking for. It performs very well on my living room media center (Ubuntu Box) and just as well on the ATV in my bedroom. Can't wait for the release and all the new features I have seen in here, particularly weather plus support and the music controls (nice to see you are a Crystal Method fan as well...)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for feedback. One can never have too much of those. Coupled with CM it keeps you going through the night Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

cf125 Wrote:still paitently waiting this looks awesome update for a already awesome skin, do you have a eta. how were the people selected to get early beta's

When it's perfect Smile

Could be next week but I won't make a promise as something might go wrong or I might find something I do not like.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I think it will definately be ready for launch next week. It was a looot of work - I hardly left a window untouched. Even more customization possibilities than in a previous version are sure ticket to bugfix rideSmile

I have no means of testing it on Atv2 ATM, but I think I've managed to keep the speed despite improved looks.

Btw, guys, I really think I shoud quit skinning. It is quite time consuming and, on top of that, I always end up re-doing the whole skin for the sake of improving...
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Btw, guys, I really think I shoud quit skinning. It is quite time consuming and, on top of that, I always end up re-doing the whole skin for the sake of improving...
Oh piffle pecinko, you know you are hookedBig Grin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Cant wait! And yeah, I doubt you'll quit Smile
pecinko Wrote:I have no means of testing it on Atv2 ATM, but I think I've managed to keep the speed despite improved looks.

I'll have a whirl on my iPad for you- not quite the same I know, but should give you an idea.

J
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
Shoesy Wrote:I'll have a whirl on my iPad for you- not quite the same I know, but should give you an idea.

J

Great! Looking forward to your feedback.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

wyrm Wrote:Oh piffle pecinko, you know you are hookedBig Grin.

As a coder to a honey pot Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@pecinko
You just need a break mate, release your next update and relax. After that you can start fix minor bugs ... It's a great skin, and we all know that not every little request can be integrated ... About time consuming, yes that's true, it's incredible even how much time it takes to make little changes Smile
butchabay Wrote:@pecinko
You just need a break mate, release your next update and relax. After that you can start fix minor bugs ... It's a great skin, and we all know that not every little request can be integrated ... About time consuming, yes that's true, it's incredible even how much time it takes to make little changes Smile
Yes pecinko exactly as butchabay said. Went thru EXACTLY the same thing myself after my last release. I took a short break and got back into it and now the skin has jumped forward immeasurably. Do as I plan to do and release at about the same time as Eden then take a well earned break.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Guys, this is how we'll roll

I'll try to make a Quartz 2 available in my repo today / tomorrow so you can give it a try.

Please, be aware that it will not run on Dharma, it is a pre-Eden release only. Once I have smashed the bugs, I'll release it through official repository.

Skin will go under Quartz (SVN) label, so it does not interfere with your current Quartz skin.

It is my recommendation to those having kids profiles to separate their content to a 2 different folders and scan each of them to appropriate profile. You can make additional profiles with separate libraries so you can try it without interfering with your current settings. If you don't like it, you can just delete them afterwards. You can make 2 test folders and put a few files just to test this out. Skin will work fine even if you choose not to follow this route.

Finally - I'll try to prepare a skin guide. Please note, though, that the most obvious change is how I use submenus. There are 2 ways to use Quartz 2:

- Activated submenus: you will be presented with customizable list of links after pressing, say, Movies
- No submenus: clicking on Movies will take you straight to media. A link with a possibility to browse library can be found in a side options panel

This is per item setting, so you can go straight to Movies but, for example, use submenu for Music.

This way kids and users that wan't to go straight to Movies have a simple way of use, while others can still have customizable submenu items.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

lookin forward to this release Big Grin
any news on this update is it gonna be today??
cf125 Wrote:any news on this update is it gonna be today??

19.30 here Smile

Finishing up.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12