• 42(current)
QUARTZ - Gotham
ok well its onlt 18:38 here now so lookin forward to it
OK, it's in the repo.

Now, let's hear about bugs and missing bits. If you don't like it, please keep it to yourself Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

glad to hear it gonna install soon cheers
For two months I have been checking this thread everyday looking forward for the update. To say that I am disappointed is to say nothing. Unfortunately my suggestions did not get considered. Maybe I just was under wrong impression that you were going to do something about them...
BASARAB Wrote:For two months I have been checking this thread everyday looking forward for the update. To say that I am disappointed is to say nothing. Unfortunately my suggestions did not get considered.

I didn't want to respond to such a message at first. Though, I was kinda sorry to have, after months of work, this as the first post regarding a new version.

I'm really sorry that this version does not come with Santa Clause bringing present to you. I'm also very sorry that you had to read this thread for 2 (two!) months. I haven't heard from you or the plugin author since suggestion has been made to make such a list that could display item label and plot without scrolling. After such an effort and contribution from both of you I guess you have every right make a post like this.

Regardless of this, what makes you think skinners are here to fulfill every user's desire? Maybe I'm being too kind and accommodating.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

It's my first post here. I have been using Quartz quite a lot and have just started testing Quartz 2 which will no doubt become my default skin. I love it!
I like its simplicity and the way one can personalize it!

As for the post by "BASARAB" all I can say is don't give it a second thought.
Apart from being rude and thoughtless, he obviously doesn't understand much about how this whole xbmc skinning thing works (otherwise he would make his own skin).

Pecinko, you have spent hours of your time (unpaid) making a great skin and have shared it with others to enjoy. Well done and many thanks. Keep up your good work. There are people who very much appreciate these things!
Looking forward to trying this later today Smile
Yo mate, played a bit around, nice work! Clean, fast, nice views!
Must say what a great skin this new version is! Clean, simple but also has everything I need! One comment, using 'recently added' on home screen for tv shows it puts the episode thumb into a dvd type case frame and hence cuts off most of the picture. Can you either use an episode frame or use the season poster instead? Hope that makes sense?

Cheers
love Quartz2, runs great on ATV2.. one question, is there any plans to put menu on left side instead of right?
thanks
Guys, thanks for kind words.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

homerjs Wrote:love Quartz2, runs great on ATV2.. one question, is there any plans to put menu on left side instead of right?
thanks

I really think right side menus are far superior for left-to-right readers. They allow you to keep your eyes in the middle of a screen being able to follow thumbs and read label fast and with ease.

I know it takes some time to get used to it because the other skins are mainly using left side lists but, after a week or so - you won't look back. At least, I didn't.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

nemulate Wrote:Must say what a great skin this new version is! Clean, simple but also has everything I need! One comment, using 'recently added' on home screen for tv shows it puts the episode thumb into a dvd type case frame and hence cuts off most of the picture. Can you either use an episode frame or use the season poster instead? Hope that makes sense?

Truth be told, episode thumbs don't look good on Home, no matter what and since season thumbs are not supported for recently added I had to make a decision. See here and here
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi that's fair enough, hopefully one for the future, in the meantime is it possible to use a landscape frame for the episode thumbs instead?

Thanks
nemulate Wrote:Hi that's fair enough, hopefully one for the future, in the meantime is it possible to use a landscape frame for the episode thumbs instead?

Thanks

Let's see if season posters could be used with a help of a separate script first.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12