• 52(current)
Google Nexus Player
(2015-12-23, 22:30)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 21:41)knives of ice Wrote: you can flash updates via TWRP just download them on xda. if you don't know android this may be more difficult i guess but i've rooted every phone i have.
for my purposes, if they try to update it will fail and i'm fine with that.
I know that you can install it from custom recovery, but my question was for this particular scenario.

It's pretty clear that the next update with the fix you want, and every fix after that, no matter where you get it from, can be flashed to the Nexus, even when rooted.
I haven't messed with the nexus since I rooted and put /edit lollipop rom ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-pl...2-t3140183 ) on it, I was thinking I'd give the v6 roms a look but I can't seem to connect via usb.

I've done the hold the button down and then switch in to recovery, rebooted into recovery from a reboot app, tried from win 7 (same install I flashed from orig) from windows 10, tried multiple cables and I get no reaction in device manager it doesn't see or react to the nexus?? Am I missing something?

Maybe it's usb options, I can't seem to find any usb debug options in the lollipop rom, maybe are they tucked away somewhere and I'm just not finding them?
(2016-01-03, 20:00)scottfree1 Wrote: I haven't messed with the nexus since I rooted and put /edit lollipop rom ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-pl...2-t3140183 ) on it, I was thinking I'd give the v6 roms a look but I can't seem to connect via usb.

I've done the hold the button down and then switch in to recovery, rebooted into recovery from a reboot app, tried from win 7 (same install I flashed from orig) from windows 10, tried multiple cables and I get no reaction in device manager it doesn't see or react to the nexus?? Am I missing something?

Maybe it's usb options, I can't seem to find any usb debug options in the lollipop rom, maybe are they tucked away somewhere and I'm just not finding them?

you have to enable developer options and enable usb debugging
(2016-01-04, 06:31)knives of ice Wrote: you have to enable developer options and enable usb debugging

That was my thought, but I've gone through every option and I'm just not finding them..

Eureka, I see said the blind man.. I don't know why I didn't think of trying this.. (well I did actually, but 4/5x not 7x)

How to Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android 5.0 Lollipop

Step 3: About Phone > Build number >Tap 7 times to become developer
https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/...llipop.htm
Am experiencing constant dropouts back to NP homescreen with latest x86 15.2 Kodi. This even happens when I'm browsing my live TV guide. Should I install the ARM version? I have tried Jarvis 16 beta 4 and get the same results.

Thanks in advance.
The nexus is intel x86-64 (Atom Z3560 cpu) the x86 versions of kodi are the only option. Are you running anything else at the same time? It sounds like you could be running out of memory. I run debian/plex via "linux deploy" on my nexus, and running one or the other works great, but both and I get app crashes..
No, not running anything else. The Nexus Player can in fact run the ARM version. I've done it before, but not because I wanted to avoid crashing.
Kodi wiki
1.3 There are two versions of Kodi for Android. Which one do I use?

Users who have an Android device with an Intel or AMD CPU will want to use the "x86" version.

I always took that to mean the arm version would not work on x86, never tried to install the arm version, of course if you're not having problems with the x86 version why would you..
(2016-01-04, 22:50)scottfree1 Wrote: The nexus is intel x86-64 (Atom Z3560 cpu) the x86 versions of kodi are the only option.

Nope, you can run ARM on X86, it's called Houdini. Early builds of this actually ran better using the ARM version. Many of us were switching back and forth over days to get the best one at the time.

Either way, I can't seem to find if a solution is in hand to stop Kodi crashing back to the home screen of the NP in the works. For me, it even crashes back to NP homescreen when I stop live TV and when the TV guide is shown. It is becoming increasingly frustrating (as well as the 23.976 fps glitch).
(2016-01-05, 04:23)fab4272 Wrote: Either way, I can't seem to find if a solution is in hand to stop Kodi crashing back to the home screen of the NP in the works. For me, it even crashes back to NP homescreen when I stop live TV and when the TV guide is shown. It is becoming increasingly frustrating (as well as the 23.976 fps glitch).

Hi there

For me, Kodi has never crashed - using Kodi from the Google Play store on a daily basis and with TVHeadend as well. I am on latest 6.01 firmware - suggest you make sure you have this as well.
Try deleting the cache and then uninstalling and install from Play store. If that doesn't work, you might need to factory reset (when running lollipop firmware, I had a few issues with some software which was only fixable by a factory reset).

The 23.976 glitch is a bit annoying. I posted something on the Nexus forum a week ago, but noone answers that unfortunately. For the price, it is still a good buy - Netflix, Hulu, NBA and Kodi (with DTS / Dolby Digital passthrough; on the experimental builds mentioned earlier in this thread, it also can decode TrueHD and DTS-HD to 7.1 PCM - cannot passthrough these though) - all one one unit for almost a third of the price of a Shield.
Good news, fellow Nexus Player users. The January security update for our player also seems to come with the fix for the washed out colors bug according to the comments on this article.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/01/05/...y-updates/
Tongue 
I'd rather they fix their 23.976 Hz issue, that will do it for me.....
(2016-01-05, 04:23)fab4272 Wrote: Either way, I can't seem to find if a solution is in hand to stop Kodi crashing back to the home screen of the NP in the works. For me, it even crashes back to NP homescreen when I stop live TV and when the TV guide is shown. It is becoming increasingly frustrating (as well as the 23.976 fps glitch).

Which TV client are you using? I use TVheadend and have no issues. Does it crash at other times? If so, then it is probably an issue with the add-on - may need to post on that forum.
Am using DVBlogic. In fact, I have had other apps crash out to the NP home screen as well. I've factory reset a number of times now, same result
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Nexus Player7