Can't Reset Password
Hi there, (first post)
I'm new to XBMC... I only heard of it for the first time a short while ago. I dig it.

Here's the situation, I'll try to keep it short...

- I bought a computer recently. The owner informed me that XBMC was installed...on top of Linux... does that make sense?
- When I boot up... XBMC automatically loads up.
- All was good at first, I was curious to learn about XBMC, and tried using it.
- I realized in order to add some features or addons... (Steam or Xbox controller)... I would need to do some shell stuff in Linux.
- I discovered that when I exited XBMC to get to Linux, the previous owner had his own name in the login and apparently his own password. >Sad
- Looking online I found a step by step instruction on how to reset the password by booting into "recovery mode". I was following this instructional page: http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/resetpassword
- Here's where the problems start... or continue... I can see on the screen the recovery mode process starts, but it eventually freezes and never makes it to the Recovery Menu.
- It doesn't seem to freeze at a consistent spot either.

Anyway... does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as to what I can do to reset the password?
I contacted the previous owner and he said he wasn't sure as he never needed to use the login/password after installing. He gave me some password suggestions... none of which worked.

Can I force a re-install? With a USB key?

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
M
Reinstall everything?
user: xbmc
pass: xbmc

or XBMCbuntu#Login (wiki)

user: xbmc
pass: <-blank

else like he said.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Reset Password0