• 6(current)
Release SoundCloud
  • Dutch (thx 2 steefdw)
Any good ideas to what I can try to get this to work? Running out of ideas, and the shield is awsome, exept this one thing dosn't work Smile
(2015-12-02, 13:34)ThaProZac Wrote: Any good ideas to what I can try to get this to work? Running out of ideas, and the shield is awsome, exept this one thing dosn't work Smile

Sorry...I've no idea what is causing this. Sadly no shield here to test this Smile
was wondering how can i download songs from soundcloudHuh

also how do i become an addon developer

thanks
  • Bulgarian (thx 2 NEOhidra)
  • addon.xml (thx 2 NEOhidra)
(2015-12-02, 21:46)orlaithshusband Wrote: was wondering how can i download songs from soundcloudHuh

also how do i become an addon developer

thanks

Download isn't supported.
(2015-12-02, 14:38)bromix Wrote:
(2015-12-02, 13:34)ThaProZac Wrote: Any good ideas to what I can try to get this to work? Running out of ideas, and the shield is awsome, exept this one thing dosn't work Smile

Sorry...I've no idea what is causing this. Sadly no shield here to test this Smile

So I got the addon to work, was kinda silly mistake really, and no clue why I didn't try it before. It was the Skin I was using in Kodi that was the problem. The skin and addon work fine on a computer, but not on the shield. Any other skin I have tested so far works fine, but with the "Nebula" skin on Nvidia Shield TV, neither the Soundcloud or the Mixcloud addon would work. So for the moment I just changed skin Big Grin
Hello.

As of yesterday I'm receiving the error "invalid_grant" when I try to log in to SoundCloud with the addon... Anyone else experiencing this?
Since some days the Addon doesnt show Thumbs anymore.

Would be nice if someone could fix this.

Regards.
Kodi Libreelec (Jarvis) 7.01, Confluence Skin
Soundcloud addon version: 2.05

Maybe a feature request, maybe an annoying bug, maybe not even the fault of this addon:

the problem:
When using e.g. the "Play to Kodi" Chrome addon or my Android phone (via Yatse plugin) to send Soundcloud tracks to my Kodi PC,
every time the sound starts playing fine, but some menu pops up (mostly the main menu) and i have to press "TAB" to enable fullscreen again (to show the music visualization).
This happens regardless of what Kodi was doing before, and this problem has been existing for years Sad

proposed solution:
When the addon is being called indirectly via external applications, do not open or show any menu, when Kodi was running in fullscreen before,
just switch the fullscreen to e.g. the music viz.

example source code for "Play to Kodi" calling the plugin:
https://github.com/khloke/play-to-xbmc-c...modules.js
Code:
callback('plugin://plugin.audio.soundcloud/play/?audio_id=' + videoId);
Hi there

Great Plugin!

One question though. Is there any way I can disable the SoundCloud logo overlay during fullscreen visualization?

Thanx
Hein
(2016-05-21, 19:22)hvalbrecht Wrote: Is there any way I can disable the SoundCloud logo overlay during fullscreen visualization?

Addon settings -> disable "Show Fanart"
(2016-05-28, 15:28)biberesser Wrote: Addon settings -> disable "Show Fanart"

Thanx
(2015-04-02, 16:51)bromix Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 16:34)teemue Wrote: I have signed up to SoundCloud using Google+, is there a way to use this account when signing in in this addon?
Nope - only pure/basic login.

This was a while ago - has OAuth2 / Google account login support been added? If not, is the source code repo available? The link from http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:SoundCloud to https://github.com/bromix/plugin.audio.soundcloud gives a 404, and I'd be interested in adding support if it was available.
(2016-07-09, 23:07)Hwesta Wrote: is the source code repo available? The link from http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:SoundCloud to https://github.com/bromix/plugin.audio.soundcloud gives a 404, and I'd be interested in adding support if it was available.

Same problem here.
I found a way to always show fullscreen music viz on playback and wanted to submit a pull request, but the Github repo is gone.

So I'm posting my solution here:

always show fullscreen music viz on playback:

File: plugin.audio.soundcloud/resources/lib/nightcrawler/core/kodi/kodi_items.py
  1. add new import statement at the top:
    Code:
    import xbmc
  2. in method process_item: after the line
    Code:
    xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(context.get_handle(), succeeded=True, listitem=kodi_item)
    add the following line:
    Code:
    xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(Visualisation)')
    so the whole method looks like:
    Code:
    def process_item(context, item, resolve=False):
        kodi_item = create_kodi_item(context, item)

if item['type'] == 'uri' or resolve:
            xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(context.get_handle(), succeeded=True, listitem=kodi_item)
            xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(Visualisation)')
            pass
        else:
            if not xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=context.get_handle(), url=item['uri'], listitem=kodi_item,
                                               isFolder=(item['type'] == 'folder')):
                raise ProviderException('Failed to add folder item')
            pass
        pass

Every time you start playing a Soundcloud track you don't have to press the "fullscreen" shortcut (default: TAB) to view the fullscreen music viz. This was getting really annoying, expecially when using external tools like "Yatse" (Android app) or "Play to Kodi" (Chrome addon).
Maybe someone can add a settings entry for this making the behavior toggleable...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SoundCloud1