• 11(current)
Release SoundCloud
@ronie 

Do u might have a Idea what did go wrong here?

Imho. feels a bit strange as new Developer didnt get a Reply for 3 Weeks! if he try to update / get an Addon in the official repository. (Just wondering ??)

(pls. dont bare me to ping u here, but my guess was that u may have a bit more insight here than me, regards.)
Does this rewritten plugin require python?
I cant seem to get it to work on my LibreELEC 9.0.1 (RPI 1) here. :--/
(2019-05-15, 02:35)TP.One Wrote: @ronie 

Do u might have a Idea what did go wrong here?

Imho. feels a bit strange as new Developer didnt get a Reply for 3 Weeks! if he try to update / get an Addon in the official repository. (Just wondering ??)

(pls. dont bare me to ping u here, but my guess was that u may have a bit more insight here than me, regards.)

It's been a month now and there is still silence.
I thought the Kodi organisation would be happy that someone finally fixed the SoundCloud plugin (it's even featured on https://kodi.tv/addons). But it seems nobody gives a shit...
Your work is being appreciated by the Kodi community buddy. Don't give up.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

(2019-05-28, 13:30)MB1968 Wrote: Your work is being appreciated by the Kodi community buddy. Don't give up.

+1

No, +100
(2019-05-27, 16:52)jay.kody Wrote: I thought the Kodi organisation would be happy that someone finally fixed the SoundCloud plugin (it's even featured on https://kodi.tv/addons). But it seems nobody gives a shit...

Jer, fustrating, i checked again to see if might something did go wrong, did see that Rechi was active in the script section four days ago, also no response from "ronie" in here (whos usaly helpful).

Dont knew how i could help here. May ask in the Addon developer section for some guidance or explenation about the long silence. (Or try to catch Rechi or someone else over IRC: #kodi on freenode.net), sad, but as much as i can tell this pullrequest followed the rules - so not clear to me why there is no reaction ..

Also Frustrates me, that i cant be more helpful here. (Just to less insight)
(2019-05-27, 16:52)jay.kody Wrote: It's been a month now and there is still silence.
I thought the Kodi organisation would be happy that someone finally fixed the SoundCloud plugin (it's even featured on https://kodi.tv/addons). But it seems nobody gives a shit...

We are of course very happy to see someone has fixed this addon, and on behalf of Team Kodi I would like to apologies for the delay. Unfortunately as volunteers this does happen from time to time as people get more important things to deal with in their everyday life away from Kodi, and due to a lack of people reviewing the PR submissions at the current time this one appears to have slipped between the cracks.

It has now been noted internally that no one had reviewed your pull request and it seems the review has now been carried out.

Note if this happens again and you see no activity after a week (so at least one weekend has past) then please go to the #kodi-dev IRC channel to reach out to the Team, this will be spotted by someone and we have internal channels to ping the relevant people.
(2019-05-31, 12:20)jjd-uk Wrote: and on behalf of Team Kodi

And what about of adding the "waiting for developer to respond" label just 3 houers after the review was made?, while on earlyer pullrequests it thakes at least one week or more thil a reviewer did set this label?
(feels bit like stressing the developer, beacouse he didnt push fixes 3houers afther review?? This afther letting this pull unanswerd for such a long Time., cant understand.)

(did thought this label would only be used/set if there isnt a responce for a longer period of time to tell the developer the Team is waiting, but 3 Houers afther Review ?? -> confused! )
The label should be set immediately after review to tell other Team members it has been reviewed and suggestions made, so no action required until the developer responds. Again remember people have busy real lives, so if they are in a rush things like labels may not always be set correctly.
(2019-05-31, 12:20)jjd-uk Wrote: We are of course very happy to see someone has fixed this addon, and on behalf of Team Kodi I would like to apologies for the delay. Unfortunately as volunteers this does happen from time to time as people get more important things to deal with in their everyday life away from Kodi, and due to a lack of people reviewing the PR submissions at the current time this one appears to have slipped between the cracks.

It has now been noted internally that no one had reviewed your pull request and it seems the review has now been carried out.

Note if this happens again and you see no activity after a week (so at least one weekend has past) then please go to the #kodi-dev IRC channel to reach out to the Team, this will be spotted by someone and we have internal channels to ping the relevant people. 

Thanks! Greatly appreciated! Smile
Huge thanks for the updated plugin jay.kody! SoundCloud is finally playing from my rpi3 for the first time in ages. For reference, I'm running Kodi 18.2 with Python 3.5.3 (which seems to be the current version for my rpi3 distro).

To others installing for the first time: I first manually uninstalled the old version of the SoundCloud plugin and opted to remove old settings as well. After installing the new version from jay.kodi's repository, somehow the old version of the add-on was still launching and being unresponsive, but restarting Kodi resolved the issue.
V 3.0.0 is now in the official repo and works fine. Thanks for the updates jay.kodi.
Hi,

I'm using the soundcloud plugin with the yatse app by sending music from my android phone by sharing to kodi on raspberry pi.
Unfortunately it's not working anymore. I'm able to play soundcloud clips directly via kodi or directly via yatse but not through the sharing function of yatse app.

I already asked yatse support and they told there's nothin wrong with yatse, so there must be a problem mit the plugin.
Has anyone same problems or any hint?
(2019-07-05, 18:02)Thommi Wrote: Hi,

I'm using the soundcloud plugin with the yatse app by sending music from my android phone by sharing to kodi on raspberry pi.
Unfortunately it's not working anymore. I'm able to play soundcloud clips directly via kodi or directly via yatse but not through the sharing function of yatse app.

I already asked yatse support and they told there's nothin wrong with yatse, so there must be a problem mit the plugin.
Has anyone same problems or any hint?
Yes, there is something wrong with the plugin. See https://github.com/jaylinski/kodi-addon-.../issues/13.
I'm working on a fix.
@jay.kody

I have a Soundcloud account. When I search for my Soundcloud name, Kodi shows 3 items: People, Albums and Playlist. When I click on People, I can see my account name. When I click on my account name, SoundCloud should display my account menu: my Likes, Playlists, Followers etc. That's not the case. Nothing happens when I click on my accountname.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SoundCloud1