• 4(current)
[CLOSED] Legacy SexyCirrus Expanded
(2015-09-29, 14:56)Rufoo Wrote: Current development roadmap is to release SexyCirrus Expanded 3.3.X by October's end. Based upon feedback and bug reporting have a 100% no error version out by end of November / early December, then will work with Paradix (based upon his feedback) to integrate everything directly into Cirrus so it comes as part of the Cirrus Extended skin and is included in all future Cirrus releases. I will then turn my attentions toward other areas of the skin. Such as new Home screens and other viewtypes for the media based sections.

Glad to hear that coming from underneath your fingers Wink
I hope everything turned out to be okay in real life and I'm waiting to hear from you when we can start putting it all together.
Excellent news Rufoo! Thank you for the update. Springboard Titan looks great. Smile
Preview release to be posted this weekend. Smile

SexyCirrus Expanded 3.3.X
Preview Edition: 20151101-PE

About Preview Edition:

The preview edition is offered strictly as a proof-of-concept and demonstration of the new SexyCirrus Expanded views & features. The package comprises of two sets of new viewtypes, Advance Series & Versa Series, each unique in their own functionality, display, and purpose. Each series has views for Poster, Square, Wide, and Slim boxes. Also included is one of the new viewtypes designed to function as category frontends, Springboard Titan.

NOTE: This package is a development preview and does not contain the full suite of viewtypes. Expect bugs and impaired functionality in some parts. The complete release is aimed for November's end.

Requirements & Pre-Requisites:

Kodi 14.X Helix / Kodi 15.X Isengard or Higher
Cirrus Extended 3.3.X
Advanced Launcher 2.5.8

Installation Instructions:

1. Download the Preview Edition binaries from the link below.
2. Unzip the archive directly to the 'skin.cirrus.extended' directory.
3. Overwrite the files required.
4. Start a new Kodi session.
5. Navigate to System > Appearance > Skin > Settings > SexyCirrus Expanded and enable desired viewtypes.

NOTE: These viewtypes are STRICTLY designed to work with Advanced Launcher only and will not appear in any other addon. If Advanced Launcher is not detected in your system, when step 5 is reached, a message will be displayed to that effect. The ability to enable / disable views will be unavailable until detection is satisfied.

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...sp=sharing

UPDATE @ 10:47PM: Archive reupped as missing important Includes_ScexBaseGlobal.xml file. Those who downloaded it prior to this time should re-download the archive now.

DISCLAIMER: SexyCirrus Expanded is made by an enthusiast, for enthusiasts. There is no malicious code and is virus free. However, this should be used at your own risk. I am not responsible for any loss or damages. If it blows your computer up, destroys any precious documents, causes your significant other to elope, makes your pet hate you, or any other misfortune, no responsibility is taken by myself.

Advance Series Screenshots:

This showcases the Advance Series, or specifically, the Advance Poster viewtype. Each Advance Series view (Poster, Square, Wide, Slim) can change into any one of the four layouts as shown below. The Advance Series was designed to substitute the Mini views from the WIP release with sleeker visuals and a lot of functionality.

Versa Series Screenshots:

The Versa Series is a wall viewtype in a 3 x 3 grid. Each square on the grid is like a compartment. The viewtype is very versatile and along with Advance, incorporates most of the newer functionality into it. This viewtype was primarily designed to be able to show off software for systems that existed prior to the HD era and where HD artworks are impossible to come by, although this can be used with HD assets too. As part of the design being so steeply steered towards "old-school" enthusiasts, it has a unique function of Thumbnail Substitution which allows mixing and matching of thumbnails (see the Super Bomberman 5 in the screenshot below) of varying sizes, somewhat removing one of the most problematic elements one encounters with cross region boxes. Like Advance Series, Poster, Square, Wide, and Slim are available.

Springboard Series Screenshots:

Springboards are chiefly designed to work as category frontends for multi-system setups. As part of the Preview Edition, an updated version of Big Titan from the WIP returns with new tricks as Springboard Titan.

SexyCirrus Expanded 3.3.X
Feature User Guide

Why Use a Springboard?

While you can use whatever viewtype you want for displaying multiple categories and systems, the Springboard Series is designed solely for this purpose. All the other SexyCirrus viewtypes can play videos, which will continue to play even if you back out of the current view. This is a design element of Kodi itself. Springboard viewtypes automatically terminate any playing media when visible. This also means they are incapable of using trailers or video in any way. To compensate for this, they can use a Motion-Multi Image which can be specified in the system menu. Essentially, dump every frame of a dreamscene to a directory, and setup your Motion-Multi Image source as this directory. It will play the indvidual images at speed to mimic video playback. Springboards were designed to have a system / home menu type feel. A perfectly looping background is the perfect compliment.

Option: Persistent Backdrops

ABOUT

Persistent backdrops allows the user to specify a singular repeating background for the desired viewtype while keeping the title fanart still present in the information window. This is designed in mind for those who might use screenshots for fanart (especially low resolution shots / screenshots from pre-HD systems) but not want it displayed as a background. It is also useful for having a sectional background, such as 1080px image of a system logo as a constant backdrop or any JPG image the user intends.

First time users will need to complete the following two steps.

1. From the Home screen go to System > Appearance > Skin > Settings > SexyCirrus Expanded
2. Toggle 'Setup / Allow Usage of Persistent Backdrops' then specify the location of the target images.

USAGE

NOTE: Only JPG images are supported.

1. Images must bare the name of the system and / or a singular image with the name 'user'.
2. Select 'Use Persistent Backdrops' in the flyout menu on the desired viewtype then choose 'By System' or 'By User' for the intended image.

Example of naming convention: IBM PC Compatible.jpg

IMPORTANT INFO
  • REMEMBER: 'By System' requires images to be named after the System flag (called 'Platform' in Advanced Launcher) not the launcher / category name.
  • If done incorrectly, a fallback warning image will be displayed instead.
  • Persistent backdrops take priority over normal fanart and multi-image directories but do not obscure trailers.

Option: Modified Page Header Information

ABOUT
By default, when navigating through Advanced Launcher the upper left corner displays the time and the section name, Addons, as well as the amount of items and pages available. By tagging Modified Page Header Information, SexyCirrus Viewtypes will display the time, the system name, as well as the number of games followed by 'Games Available'. If the setting is toggled and on a Springboard 'Games Available' is changed to 'Systems Available' and next to the time 'Games' is displayed. This will hopefully lend to the gaming experience of Kodi feeling that little bit more integrated.

USAGE

This is a system menu based option, so do the following.

1. From the Home screen go to System > Appearance > Skin > Settings > SexyCirrus Expanded
2. Toggle 'Modified Page Header Information'.

Option: Use Trailers

ABOUT

As the name implies, this takes advantage of the trailers feature in Advanced Launcher allowing a trailer or other desired video to be played back after hovering over a title for a few seconds. This was implemented after suggestion by user nyny77 and to support his video projects for HTPC gaming.

USAGE

1. The title must have a defined Trailer.
2. Select 'Use Trailers' from the flyout in the intended viewtype.
3. Choose desired presentation option.
4. Sit back and enjoy the magic!

KNOWN BUGS
  • On Versa viewtypes, the trailer for the title previous will be visible for a split-second when transitioning between titles if playing.

Extra-Fanart: Icons & Sprites

ABOUT

Icons & Sprites is a vanity addition to certain viewtypes, namely the Versa & Advance Series. It serves no purposes beyond aesthetics and as a fun addition to give viewtypes a more 'active' feel by having per title animated sprite appear, having an icon, or both.

1. The title must have a defined Extra-Fanart directory.
2. An image with the name 'icon.png' or 'sprite.gif' must exist within this directory.

Extra-Fanart: Secondary Fanart

USAGE

2. An image with the name 'fanart2' must exist within this directory.

IMPORTANT INFO
  • Both JPG and PNG files are supported.
  • Do not have both a fanart2.jpg and fanart2.png for a single title as both will render and this may produce an undesired aesthetic.
  • Secondary fanart obeys the original image aspect and does not stretch the image in most viewtypes.
  • Secondary fanart works as a support image and does not change the backdrop image. The Multi-Image Directory feature may be desired if this is the intent.
HELP

If encountering visibility problems, try the following:

1. Check that the 'fanart2' doesn't carry the .JPEG extension instead of .JPG
2. Terminate your Kodi session and restart. Occasionally Kodi won't register new images / changes until a new session.

Extra-Fanart: Multi-Image Directory

ABOUT

The original implementation for using multi-images in the gaming section of Cirrus comes with one unique and crippling flaw, it relies on the title name, and many titles contain characters which cannot be used in a valid pathname on various operating systems. This leads to frustrating and often unflattering workarounds, such as excessive uses of - symbols as : is illegal in the Windows filesystem, for example. Sadly, this means the feature is often ignored. SexyCirrus uses a different implementation which allows this wonderful feature to come back to prominence and removes the obscurity in its usage.

USAGE

2. Within the defined Extra-Fanart directory, create a subfolder called 'extrafanart'.
3. Place images in the 'extrafanart' subfolder.
4. Select appropriate options from the flyout on the intended viewtype. (Not available on default Cirrus views)

IMPORTANT INFO
  • Uses the same structure as original Cirrus (extrafanart) but not the same implementation, allowing easy change over for setups which used the original.
  • Images in full screen will always be stretched to fill the screen. Advise usage of 16:9 aspect (or monitor appropriate) images for optimal results.

Extra-Fanart: Thumbnail Substitution

ABOUT

This feature was designed to aid users that have titles from other regions which prior to the late 128-BIT era didn't have standardized casing across regions. This most normally applies to games from Japanese regions but also early 32-BIT titles in the west for PlayStation and Sega Saturn. By design, in most viewtypes this makes adding titles from differing regions problematic, now a Super Famicom game can exist comfortably alongside a collection of western Super Nintendo titles, for example.

USAGE

In order to introduce a substitution, the following must be true:

NOTE: Only JPG images are supported.
NOTE: Only Versa viewtypes support this feature.

1. The title must NOT already have a normal thumbnail image defined.
2. The title must have a defined Extra-Fanart directory.
3. Within the Extra-Fanart directory the intended substitute image should bare the name 'extrathumb_XXX'.

Accepted Values for XXX
- Tall <-- For NTSC-J SFC or similar
- Fat <-- For NTSC-J N64 or similar
- Wide <-- For NTSC-J GBA or similar

Example of naming convention: extrathumb_tall.jpg

HELP

If all values are believed to be correct, but the substitution isn't visible, try the following:

1. Check that the 'extrathumb_XXX' doesn't carry the .JPEG extension instead of .JPG
2. Terminate your Kodi session and restart. Occasionally Kodi won't register new images / changes until a new session.
3. Delete the title, add it again and set it up. If a normal thumbnail was once added or cancelled during setup Advanced Launcher puts a placeholder path.
4. If step 4 is reached, go back and take reasonable consideration that the problem now lies with the user and the setup, not the tool.
Thank you Rufoo !!
(2015-11-03, 08:22)nyny77 Wrote: Thank you Rufoo !!

Enjoy, mate. Smile

Hope the video fanart / trailer stuff is going in a direction you like. Keep in mind this is just a preview to play with. This isn't ready for prime-time. That comes next.
At the moment RCB...(KodiBox)
After SexyCirrus Expanded 3.3.X (V9) ?? why not ^^ (yes for the videos, super)

http://screenzone.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=572
Photo 
Hi!
Great work I like it very much.
I cannot find the option where you described it ( System > Appearance > Skin > Settings > SexyCirrus Expanded ), to turn on the persistent backdrops.
I use Kodi 15.2. I installed Kodi 14.2 to see if it shows up there but no.
Please help with it.
Thanks. Glad you enjoy. Smile

I just took a quick glance at the code I wrote and I'm fairly certain you're not seeing the option because I made a goofy mistake. Can't be certain until I get home tonight then I'll test on my PC. If it is what I believe it is, it should be a simple 2 second change, and if so, I'll fix it and post a fixed version of that tonight.
Truly gorgeous work. Really, really looking forward to trying it out.
(2015-11-26, 12:52)agravs Wrote: Hi!
Great work I like it very much.
I cannot find the option where you described it ( System > Appearance > Skin > Settings > SexyCirrus Expanded ), to turn on the persistent backdrops.
I use Kodi 15.2. I installed Kodi 14.2 to see if it shows up there but no.
Please help with it.

Here is the fixed file... Indeed, as I suspected when I glanced at the code earlier it was attributed to a goofy error.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...sp=sharing

Same as before, extract to 'skin.cirrus.extended' and overwrite the file it requests. Then navigate to System > Appearance > Skin > Settings > SexyCirrus Expanded and the option for Persistent Backdrops will be available to you.
(2015-11-27, 02:59)S3N1L3AN1MAL Wrote: Truly gorgeous work. Really, really looking forward to trying it out.

Always nice to hear, mate. Thanks. Smile
Thanks for the quick fix. It's working perfectly now. Smile
I always wanted to use Kodi for my games and emulators, but I dont liked the skins and views available, so I used HyperSpin with my own edited themes for a long time on my htpc.
But now I switched to Kodi, after I found your mod and it looks amazing. I'm setting up now my games and emulators in advanced launcher, when I'm done I will post some images about it or a video.
Keep up the good work, and I'm waiting your next release.
New binaries will be delayed until either next month or January. It's just that time of year, you know how it goes. When I do have time though I have been working on a remodelling of the original wall viewtype into something more contemporary...

If I get into a clean enough state in the next few days I will post a screenshot. It probably is the most ambitious of the new viewtypes I have created and I'm just hoping I can get the last bits of it to behave correctly. Apologies for the broken elements in the preview build above, they will be ironed out. Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Legacy SexyCirrus Expanded4