XBMC Log Uploader failed, xbmclogs.com is down (HTTP 502)
Hello,

I couldn't find any info about the issue,
the log uploader plugin fails and the pastebin xbmclogs.com is also not reachable, HTTP error 502 (bad gateway).

I thought you'd maybe renamed it to kodilogs.com or something else - but also no answer.

thanks!
You can use pastebin.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Technically speaking, xbmclogs.com isn't "official", so I'm not sure what the status on the domain name is. It's owned by a member of Team XBMC/Kodi, and has our unofficial blessing, of sorts. We actually discussed making it official, but prae5 (the Team member who runs it) warned us that he gets a lot of mistaken takedown notices, because the logs will get text-matches for various file names that get takedown notices. At least, I think it was because of file names.

Even though the takedown notices aren't valid under the DCMA (because there are no files involved), it's still kinda scary, so we let prae5 handle it since he said it didn't bother him :)

I'm not sure why it's down right now, but maybe the ad-supported hosting isn't enough for the traffic and we need to make an official log site after all? Not a big deal, either way, but hopefully something will be up soon. Pastebin is fine too, but I like the xbmc/kodi-specific syntax highlighting :D
Hi guys,
I've been trying to upload my log file with 4 different log uploaders and every one fails with a similar script failure. I obviously cant attach a link to the log, so here is an extract. Any help you can offer?

Thanks in advance.

Here's the result of one of my attempts:

Quote:11:28:20 T:7084 NOTICE: .[COLOR blue]X[/COLOR]unity Maintenance: starting upload "C:\Users\Stewart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log"...
11:28:21 T:7084 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
Error Contents: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Stewart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hubmaintenance\default.py", line 2064, in <module>
uploadlog(url)
File "C:\Users\Stewart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hubmaintenance\default.py", line 961, in uploadlog
addon.LogUploader()
File "C:\Users\Stewart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hubmaintenance\addon.py", line 47, in __init__
paste_id = self.upload_file(logfile['path'])
File "C:\Users\Stewart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hubmaintenance\addon.py", line 75, in upload_file
response = urllib2.urlopen(req).read()
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 410, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 523, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 448, in error
return self._call_chain(*args)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 531, in http_error_default
raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
-->End of Python script error report<--
11:28:21 T:7744 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
11:28:21 T:7084 INFO: Python script stopped
it's probably trying to upload the logfile to xbmclogs.com
that site is more dead than alive lately.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-11-21, 14:02)ronie Wrote: it's probably trying to upload the logfile to xbmclogs.com
that site is more dead than alive lately.

I've tried 4 different log uploaders Including the Kodi log uploader. All fail with similar log reports.
i'm pretty sure all 4 try to upload to the same site.

i'll try to get in touch with the person who maintains the site.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Many thanks.
Why not just paste the log to pastebin? Then just copy and paste the url in the appropriate thread here.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
See the advanced instructions for manually copying logs: Log file/Advanced (wiki)
(2014-11-21, 17:22)wgstarks Wrote: Why not just paste the log to pastebin? Then just copy and paste the url in the appropriate thread here.

(2014-11-21, 18:39)Ned Scott Wrote: See the advanced instructions for manually copying logs: Log file/Advanced (wiki)

Thanks guys. Already done it via Dropbox. I just wanted to highlight the problem for those who don't have another method.
Nobody wants your dropbox log lol. Most people who'll help you here prefer a paste site. On Linux you can use pastebinit like
Code:
pastebinit .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

On openelec the built in command is called paste rather than pastebinit. In both cases a URL will be left on the commandline which you can copy and paste to the forum.

In both cases they will take input from stdin so this works
Code:
dmesg|pastebinit
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-21, 22:44)nickr Wrote: Nobody wants your dropbox log lol. Most people who'll help you here prefer a paste site. On Linux you can use pastebinit like
Code:
pastebinit .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

On openelec the built in command is called paste rather than pastebinit. In both cases a URL will be left on the commandline which you can copy and paste to the forum.

In both cases they will take input from stdin so this works
Code:
dmesg|pastebinit

Thanks for the headsup. Pastebin it is then from now on.
Sorry - I haven't got notifications of this, not sure why.

I didn't know the site was down until someone mailed me directly today. Looking at it now, looks like the machine has run out of disk space. 20gb of logs added over the past few days.

My monitoring script didn't detect it was down as it was still responding to http check. Will add some additional checking for future.

I'll have it back up and running in the next 30mins.

Sorry for any inconvenience Smile
the xbmc Debug Log addon is fully functional again now.
206787 (thread)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Log Uploader failed, xbmclogs.com is down (HTTP 502)0