Kodi stops Windows screen saver from working when minimized
I'm using the latest nightlies. I have had this problem for the last couple of weeks. When Kodi is not in use and minimized to taskbar, it stops Windows screen saver from turning on. I have tested this multiple times by closing/opening other programs and it's definitely caused by Kodi. I will get debug logs tomorrow, I am not at my machine right now. I just wanted to make devs aware of the issue.
So are you saying this is changed behaviour? If so could you please go through the nightlies and find between which builds it started doing this, doing this will make it a lot easier to find what changed the behaviour.
(2014-10-21, 14:39)jjd-uk Wrote: So are you saying this is changed behaviour?
Yes.

I'll do my best, but this could have been anywhere between a week and a month (or even 2) ago. I just started noticing this recently, I was wondering why my Windows screensaver was never coming on and I started googling thinking it was an issue with Windows itself until I realized XBMC was causing it.
Would posting a log file even help in this scenario? I would hate to see this bug slip into final Helix now that it's getting close to release.
Gotham 13.2 and Kodi both stop the windows power functions from working when minimized for me. It's annoying because I really want to use the DLNA features of XBMC/Kodi, but I can't if it won't let my monitors sleep when minimized.
Bumpity bump bump.
We are out of windows devs ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-12-03, 13:23)Memphiz Wrote: We are out of windows devs ...
I don't understand this comment. Are you saying that no Windows issues (the most used OS by far) will be looked at? What's the point of this sub-forum then?

According to this chart Windows has 92% of OS market share.
http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-...pcustomd=0

Linux has 1%, Apple 7%. What platform are devs working on then?

At the risk of sounding ungrateful, do I need to start looking at another program like Plex or Mediabrowser if I am a Windows user?
The Windows dev's seem to have little free time at the moment to look at issues at the moment.

@Karlson2k

Is this something you can look at? This might also be relevant http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209958
(2014-12-03, 15:06)StinDaWg Wrote: At the risk of sounding ungrateful, do I need to start looking at another program like Plex or Mediabrowser if I am a Windows user?

I'll also add that while the forum should always be the 1st port of call to make sure any issue faced is a genuine problem or bug, if you don't get anywhere or there seems little response (as we are busy people who are on here in our free time) then you should create a ticket on our Trac bugtracking system.

I still don't see a debug_log (wiki) from you, providing one is no guarantee of a response here, however it will increase the likelihood of any dev passing by taking a look at your problem and maybe providing a response.
http://pastebin.com/nQCM7iiq
^^ Debug log.
(2014-11-11, 20:38)Chimera2345 Wrote: Gotham 13.2 and Kodi both stop the windows power functions from working when minimized for me. It's annoying because I really want to use the DLNA features of XBMC/Kodi, but I can't if it won't let my monitors sleep when minimized.

Same here. Win 7 64. With Frodo I could throw a movie on then go to sleep, PC would sleep after it's done. Gotham disables the screensaver when minimized, as well, so now not only does the PC not sleep, I now have burned in desktop image on the screen.
Post your debug logs people. Hopefully we can get this fixed before 14 final is out.
If it's not regression from Gotham then it's unlikely it'll be fixed for Helix, the only thing I can do is try and bring it to the attention of the devs and see what they say. To get it progressed I think you're going to need to raise a ticket on the bugtracker.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi stops Windows screen saver from working when minimized1