Req Preset replies to aid support
@da-anda and Team-Kodi

Beyond team provided support this would also go a great deal into regular folks like myself to provide or try to provide support more efficiently.

The idea is to allow a certain amount of preset replies to exist to deal with the mass bulk of same replies that are mostly asking for debug logs and how to post one etc etc etc. been my experience I could benefit at lest form 3 types of preset replies and save both posters and myself some time.

This could be achieved via something like http://community.mybb.com/thread-129907.html and allow it for regular users that provide help in forums unless that's not wanted cause we aren't special enough.
we already have a keyword that automatically links to the debug log wiki. All you have to do is to write Debug Log in this spelling with no space in between
that not what I mean, I am aware of what we can do, that's not preset replies not that at all, it would involve proper preset reply that says a little more than just Debug log (wiki) and in any case it its not a preset reply that is already typed up say around 140 characters max or something.
@da-anda
think he means something like our "move to garbage bin" button. c/p a standard reply text and post it. So you don't have to type everything again.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes, the mybb mod allows you to have preset messages from a drop down menu you select and they show up already and one only has to click post. Theres no c/p at all.

Hence I linked http://community.mybb.com/thread-129907.html however http://mods.mybb.com/view/post-preset-replies (for same mod) has some screenshots as well.
That specific mod will definitely not go in, it is poorly programmed and also allows users to create their own presets.

That doesn't mean I do not like the idea though! Quite the contrary.

I have discussed several ways we could make the forum experience better at DevCon last week, some with the entire group and some with individuals.
Having preset answers with some links, standard requests etc in them for moderators, and adding more moderators to the different forums (especially the support section) is a process that will be ongoing and has already been set into motion. Changes should become apparant soon. We still need to do some gruntwork on it (eg create a proper 'support moderator' group with the correct access permissions etc, and make all the default statements.)

There were a few other ideas, like adding a mod which adds the option for a user to select 'accepted answer' which would then grant the answerer points as well as close the thread automatically and mark the question/thread solved, which has been a long time wish from me. This requires significantly more work and most likely we will want to upgrade and physically migrate the forum first. This requires new hardware (negotiations have started) as well as finishing up the domain name migrations (in progress)
nice to hear that.

The mod I pointed to was just an example so it could be seen what I meant.

However if users like me dont benefit of any of those changes like using preset answers then this request makes no sense to regular users and only benefits team member's or moderators.
This request is so that anyone (not just mods or team members) which actively tries to provide support should be able to use preset answers, given how tedious retyping the same thing over and over is.
could be that admin can make presets that users can use.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@martinjn yes exactly...

maybe even extension to http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO_help_with_Q...plete_bugs
There is no current way to make those presets handily available for users (they are moderation tools...), i might be able to do a workaround but i need to test that.

And yes Universal, those were the messages I had in mind, with some additions to them (links to wiki pages and such).
If you want to assist, you could maybe already work on the messages, that would be appreciated.
Sure Ill have a play with them and see how they look, once I have some Ill post them back here.
@Kib

This is a quick rework of the options, I would guess that maybe links to FAQ could also be included, tbh they could be better stock responses and there are situations not covered here. Like forum rules and piracy related issues.
Also some of these replies need to be adapted to the forums and not trac. A somewhat [RFC] of these would be ideal for this particular use.

Quote: No debug log is provided

Please collect and pastebin a Debug log (wiki) that shows the problem, see HOW-TO Submit a Proper Bug Report (wiki) for more information.

Thank you for your understanding!

If the bug is a crasher and no stack trace is provided
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug. Without a stack trace (also known as a backtrace) from the crash it's very hard to determine what caused it.
Hint: That if you are on Linux and have gdb installed your crashlogs will likely contain a stacktrace. Else generate the stacktrace manually.

If the bug is not described well
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug. This bug report isn't very useful because it doesn't describe the issue well. If you have time and can still reproduce the bug, please read HOW-TO Submit a Proper Bug Report (wiki) and add a more useful description to this bug report. If screenshots help describe the issue please submit some screenshots of the issue.

If the bug is not described well and it's a crasher
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug. This bug report isn't very useful because it doesn't describe the bug well. If you have time and can still reproduce the bug, please read http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Bug_Report and add a more useful description to this bug report. Also note that without a stack trace (also known as a backtrace) from the crash it's very hard to determine what caused it.

If the stack trace is incomplete or without debugging symbols
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug. Unfortunately, that stack trace is missing some elements that will help a lot to solve the problem, so it will be hard for the developers to fix that crash. Can you get us a stack trace with debugging symbols?

If the bug is in an obsolete/unsupported version of the application
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug. However, you are using a program version that is too old or modified by 3rd party and thus not supported or developed. Please upgrade to a newer version using official sources and you could receive bug fixes and new functionality. If your Linux distribution is EOL,you will need to upgrade the base OS in order to obtain a newer application version. Please feel free to reopen this bug if the problem still occurs with a newer version.

If the bug is not part of the main software
Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. However, this third-party skin/script/plugin/software support is responsibility of it's authors/developers/distributors. We kindly ask you to report the bug to the third-party skin/script/plugin/software authors. If the affected third-party skin/script/plugin/software has a bug tracking-system you should investigate whether the reported issue is already filed in their system. If it has not been filed yet please do so. Also ensure that both bug reports contain a link to each other.

If the bug is a duplicate
Thank you for the bug report. This particular bug has already been reported into our bug tracking system, but please feel free to report any further bugs you find. or Thanks for taking the time to report this bug. This particular bug has already been reported into our bug tracking system, but the maintainers need more information to fix the bug. Could you please answer the questions in the other report in order to help the developers?

Quote:The Question/Thread tittle is so useless you cant believe how dumb it is

Thank you for your question, however it is such a badly formulated question/tittle or a combination of both, that there is simply no way of knowing what you are talking about or even trying to guess what it is you are asking or talking about.
Please refer to Official:Forum_rules#ADVICE:_How_do_I_ask_a_question_in_a_smart_way.3F (wiki) and try again

Hello, i want to know if there is a version of xbmc to xbox 360 jtag, like an iso or something?? thank you for your time.
(2014-11-12, 01:31)killo84 Wrote: Hello, i want to know if there is a version of xbmc to xbox 360 jtag, like an iso or something?? thank you for your time.

Been following this thread. Then I saw this post above!

Cannot the Kodi team come up with something that adhere's to their mission but stop people like the above just being able to randomly post? And heck I've just done it myself! Totally here with uNiversal
I'm pretty sure someone did that as a joke

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preset replies to aid support0