• 4(current)
Microsoft High Definition AV pack no longer available? - Xbox Component Cables?
Thanks man.

Just reinstalled the MS dash, I take it the "Enigmah-X PAL-NTSC Video Selector" is up on *****?
Ah guess Im not alowed to mention that place.

Lession learned.

Found it anyway.
I can't get my HD pack to work. Its one of the cheep ebay 'box' ones.

I can't see the settings video for 480 720 1080, I only see normal, letterbox, widescreen.

I'm pretty sure my xbox is nstc. I have the mechassult soft mod installed. I turned it off to be able to make the changes in the m$ dash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
I had followed this thread for a while, and found my solution.

I had tried two el cheapo "boxes"- one i bought, and one of a friends. Both of which were fine at 16x9 NTSC res, but terrible at 480p-720p-1080i.

I have just received my monster gamelink 400x cables and now have clear 720p and 1080i. Availible for under 15 bucks at your favorite auction site. Then adding the Gamelink 100x optical audio cable for around 10 bucks. This leaves me at a not so bad 25 bucks.

I hope this helps.

Jason
cyber321 Wrote:I had followed this thread for a while, and found my solution.

I had tried two el cheapo "boxes"- one i bought, and one of a friends. Both of which were fine at 16x9 NTSC res, but terrible at 480p-720p-1080i.

I have just received my monster gamelink 400x cables and now have clear 720p and 1080i. Availible for under 15 bucks at your favorite auction site. Then adding the Gamelink 100x optical audio cable for around 10 bucks. This leaves me at a not so bad 25 bucks.

I hope this helps.

Jason

edit.. one of the el cheapos I tried that did not work was this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-XBox-H...QQcmdZViewItem
davidbrust Wrote:I can't get my HD pack to work. Its one of the cheep ebay 'box' ones.

I can't see the settings video for 480 720 1080, I only see normal, letterbox, widescreen.

I'm pretty sure my xbox is nstc. I have the mechassult soft mod installed. I turned it off to be able to make the changes in the m$ dash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sounds like the cable is not being recognised as HD.

This is a nice little page that shows most of the different modes in PAL and NTSC:
Xbox Video Compare
In case anyone was considering the "XCM Multi-Consoles Component Cable" from Play-Asia, I can heartily commend it for quality of HD image, however everyone should be aware that the 'Optical Out' which is described is ONLY for the XBox360 connector, the PS2 has one not on the cable but on the unit itself, BUT the original XBox connector DOES NOT HAVE OPTICAL OUT.

I was disappointed, since this would have saved me many cables for my XBox and PS2, but I'll get a 'Box' adapter as described by many others earlier in the thread and just have to live with multiple cables and switching them out as required.

CD
I recently ordered and set up one of the 'BOX' HD adapters from eBay. After bit of trial-and-error it is now working great. *Highly recommend*.

I wrote a short 'how to' here if anyone is looking for an idiots-guide version on how to do this: http://www.ryanvanlaar.com/?p=393
ryanvanlaar Wrote:I recently ordered and set up one of the 'BOX' HD adapters from eBay. After bit of trial-and-error it is now working great. *Highly recommend*.

I wrote a short 'how to' here if anyone is looking for an idiots-guide version on how to do this: http://www.ryanvanlaar.com/?p=393

link doesn't seem to work, and I can't find it on your site, but have a look at the wiki - would it make sense to add it there?
lexicon Wrote:link doesn't seem to work, and I can't find it on your site, but have a look at the wiki - would it make sense to add it there?

Sorry, its working now - was a private post for some reason. I'll take a look in the wiki, although not sure its really wiki-worthy...
Great tutorial ryan.
Ive been looking for something like that.

One question though. Can the xbox boot from a CD-R? Or am I gonna have to get a mate to buen me a bootable DVD of the Enigmah PAL/NTSC Selector CD?

Thats the only thing holding me back now!

Well that and not having the HD Adapter!
gergtreble Wrote:Great tutorial ryan.
Ive been looking for something like that.

One question though. Can the xbox boot from a CD-R? Or am I gonna have to get a mate to buen me a bootable DVD of the Enigmah PAL/NTSC Selector CD?

Thats the only thing holding me back now!

Well that and not having the HD Adapter!

From the .nfo file with the Enigmah program:

The Enigmah Video Mode Select CD is a tool that converts any NTSC box into a full PAL
box so you get a full color output.
Also works on JAP machines and PAL machines,(if you want to convert PAL to NTSC).
Elminate all Black & White problems without the need for a full RGB lead.
Press A to select PAL and Press B to select NTSC, press X and Y for a few extras Smile
It works best on DVDR but will boot on CDRW just as well.
Tested 100% on the amazing Enigmah Xbox Mod - the only mod that does everything all on one chip.

...so i guess you could give it a try. I dont know how something boots "better" or worse from dvd or CD, so i thought id be safe (and impatient) and go straight for the dvd option.
If anyone is after cables in the UK FutureShop.co.uk are selling one that looks better than the "box" ones on ebay.
ryanvanlaar Wrote:From the .nfo file with the Enigmah program:

The Enigmah Video Mode Select CD is a tool that converts any NTSC box into a full PAL
box so you get a full color output.
Also works on JAP machines and PAL machines,(if you want to convert PAL to NTSC).
Elminate all Black & White problems without the need for a full RGB lead.
Press A to select PAL and Press B to select NTSC, press X and Y for a few extras Smile
It works best on DVDR but will boot on CDRW just as well.
Tested 100% on the amazing Enigmah Xbox Mod - the only mod that does everything all on one chip.

...so i guess you could give it a try. I dont know how something boots "better" or worse from dvd or CD, so i thought id be safe (and impatient) and go straight for the dvd option.

Thats great!

Ill sort out getting the cables and stuff sharpish then.

Kellet - That cable would be perfect if it had a digital out too...
Question 
Hi I have a few questions about PAL vs NTSC xbox.
I am living in europe so I have a PAL xbox and I have a X3 modchip installed.

I just recently got a 32" HD LCD 16:9 TV (handles 480p, 720p and 1028i) and would be interested in trying out some high definition stuff to see if much of a difference.

So here's a few questions:

1. PAL and NTSC xbox's are same apart from some setting which I can change using the video selector CD (I cannot do this just from ebox dash settings??) providing that I have the special High Definition AV cable hooked up to the TV?

2. If I get the xbox switched to NTSC I can then set the XBMC to one of the higher resolutions?

3. Reqarding the difference between NTSC and PAL games I was trying to find out what games support HDTV and for example "NASCAR 06: Total Team Control" specs from US sites say it supports 480p. So if I buy the same game PAL version and have the xbox switched to NSTC will the game still support the 480p? as with my current setup with xbox as is was when I bought it (i.e. PAL) I can play NTSC games no problem as I have it chipped.

4. Is it worth converting xbox to NTSC for HD features, i.e. I've read about people wanting to switch from NTSC to PAL... why? what is to be gained?

Hip Robotamus
Nerd
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft High Definition AV pack no longer available? - Xbox Component Cables?3