• 6(current)
Microsoft High Definition AV pack no longer available? - Xbox Component Cables?
kyoung2112 Wrote:I bought one of the "BOX" adapters off of ebay for around $10. It works pretty well at 720p, although sometimes I notice very faint diagonal lines across the whole screen. They are not really visible unless the scene is really dark. Sometimes they go from lower left to upper right (widely spaced), and sometimes they go from upper left to lower right (tightly spaced). Does anybody know if this would be due to the adapter?

Thanks,
Kris

That's the same effect which you get from poor coaxial cables for TV signals, so I'd guess the adapter is the reason :/
now im new hereRolleyes but i was wondering how can i get the ms dash back ion my 1,4 box with evox chip?
Do i need replace my old harddisk?
Or is there a software package available for this job?
I ordered those cables for voyager and me but the box is PAl.
thnx in advance.
Renzo
Hi guys,
I have a modded (UK) PAL xbox. HD cable on order (ebay). I have obtained a copy of Enigmah but I have a problem.
My DVD drive is Notoriously temperamental in reading disks. When originally modding the box, I spent more money buying CD-R/RW DVD-R +-’s than a new drive would cost!
My question:
Would it be possible to strip the Enigmah app from the ISO, dump it on the xbox in the apps directory and run it from there?
Regards,
Jimbo
And the answer to my question is yes.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=122244&postcount=7

Thanks Nickman
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/XBOX-Component-Ca...dZViewItem

Finally arrived and omg it's made a big difference. Very nice cable. XBMC looks even nicer. Very happy with the cable and XBMC.
i bought 5 component cables yesterday at a webshop in holland.
http://www.consoleshop.nl/product/26828/27207/1329/konig-xbox-digital-optical-av-cable.html

now we gonna tweak the pal boxes to ntsc boxes to get the benefits of itBig Grin
Renzo
Hi,

I got my Xbox in NTSC mode but unfortunately not all it perfect.

For anyone trying to changes between PAL and NTSC I think that UnleashX is the easier option. Its a another dash that I just ftp'd onto the xbox and run the Default.xbe from XBMC and the UnleashX dash has options in the video settings to change the video mode. I had tried using Enigma's video selector but couldn't get an CD-R recongnised.

That was all fine I could run the XBMC in HD and I don't know if other people has experienced this but running at 1080i slowed down the XBMC just enough to be annoying so running at 720p was much better.

The problem is the vague diagonal lines that are on th screen now and creates a slight haze in the background. I figured out it was the xbox high definition AV cable that I got from ebay it was the UNofficial one with "box" on the front of it. I've read other comments on different forums where people had same problem. Unfortunetely xbox are not producing that HD AV pack anymore so they're going for up to $150 on ebay!! not really worth it.

Apart from that I was playing FIFA 2007 at 720p and it looked amazing apart from the slight hazyness from the cable.

As for watching videos its better quality to watch with my old standard AV cable.

Ideally I could switch between video modes depending on what I'm doing on xbox but I've read the eeprom doesn't like to be rewritten to much or it might just give up the ghost!!

So anyone got a spare Official xbox HD AV pack they don't want?!?? Big Grin
I just got one of those official HD AV adapters from ebay and I'm also seeing the diagonal lines that kyoung2112 was talking about so I'm not sure should I go fork out about €80 for an official one (there are a few official ones on ebay but some going for up to $150!!)

So does anyone have any idea what causes this effect? cheaper components in the adapter?? I mean there can't be much going on inside it is there... maybe I should open it up and have a look!!
I have the "box" adaptor too. It works fine for me, no lines. I belive that they are a bit hit and miss i.e. some work some dont.

Ive just ordered this one. As it has a pass thru. Ill be putting my old one on ebay as soon as I get it. Let me know if you want the link.
I think the "box" ones are low quality. Ive got one and it works fine. Have you tried better cables?
hiprobotamus Wrote:Hi,

For anyone trying to changes between PAL and NTSC I think that UnleashX is the easier option. Its a another dash that I just ftp'd onto the xbox and run the Default.xbe from XBMC and the UnleashX dash has options in the video settings to change the video mode. I had tried using Enigma's video selector but couldn't get an CD-R recongnised.

I have a version of the video switcher that runs as an app. it was very east to use - solved my dvd playback problem as i was runing an ntsc box on a pal crt tv. I couldnt get the cd-r version of the video switcher to work either
gergtreble Wrote:I have the "box" adaptor too. It works fine for me, no lines. I belive that they are a bit hit and miss i.e. some work some dont.

Ive just ordered this one. As it has a pass thru. Ill be putting my old one on ebay as soon as I get it. Let me know if you want the link.

Let me know how that high def cable works, I'll get one myself they have 100 listed!!
hiprobotamus Wrote:I just got one of those official HD AV adapters from ebay and I'm also seeing the diagonal lines that kyoung2112 was talking about so I'm not sure should I go fork out about €80 for an official one (there are a few official ones on ebay but some going for up to $150!!)

So does anyone have any idea what causes this effect? cheaper components in the adapter?? I mean there can't be much going on inside it is there... maybe I should open it up and have a look!!

the official cable costs 45$ on ebay for "buy it now".
anyone have a current link to the 'box' one?

all the ones at the start of the thread are out of date and I can't seem to find any of them any more. does anyone know if there are any on http://www.ebay.co.uk?
Im new to all this Xbox stuff, I not really sure what PAL and NTSC means. I have regular xbox it isnt modded just stock I guess, I was thinking about buying one of those "box" hd av packs from ebay, will I be able to view it on my HD tv without all the mods that you guys are talking about? If not what will I have to do to get working?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft High Definition AV pack no longer available? - Xbox Component Cables?3