• 13(current)
Microsoft High Definition AV pack no longer available? - Xbox Component Cables?
Geeba Wrote:check out the stickies.... all in there IXOS is your best bet....unless you want optical out for an AV amp

You kinda lost me there Tongue i am not that familiar with all the cables. What i want is HD movie playback (480, 720, 1080), and if possible 5.1 sound.

I seen the sticky, i am just confused with the various options. Can you help me choose one?

I live in Cyprus, so i would want worldwide shipping, or i could buy it from ebay if its available there.
Do you currently have a 5.1 surround sound system? If so what are the inputs you have on it?

On the new component cables instead of the yellow connector you have red/green/blue ones for video signal and red/white audio ones - the original xbox component cable also had an optical out which allowed you to connect to an AV amp... as did the Monster Cable and some others ... the IXOS and other brands only have red/white audio which is analogue and although will connect to you AV amp wont give you true digital DTS and 5.1 surround sound...
rossoneri711 Wrote:I live in Cyprus, so i would want worldwide shipping, or i could buy it from ebay if its available there.

@rossoneri711

I just picked up the "box" HD adaptor and a smart joy mouse/keyboard adaptor from http://store.richspsxparts.com/xbac1.html . Price was great and service was fast. Transparency! now looks awesome in 720p with 5.1 optical out Smile
Geeba Wrote:Do you currently have a 5.1 surround sound system? If so what are the inputs you have on it?

On the new component cables instead of the yellow connector you have red/green/blue ones for video signal and red/white audio ones - the original xbox component cable also had an optical out which allowed you to connect to an AV amp... as did the Monster Cable and some others ... the IXOS and other brands only have red/white audio which is analogue and although will connect to you AV amp wont give you true digital DTS and 5.1 surround sound...

Nope i dont have a 5.1 surround system. Only my TV speakers. Though i will be using it in a couple of months with a 5.1 system

@Digidog

Is it what i need? Can you point me to the specific product? the link you sent me has a lot of products. Is it available and shipped to Cyprus?
From that store, what you need is the "XBox Advanced HD Pack with Cables". The one without cables is the same one, only you'll need to provide the RCA cables which you can get in most electronic stores. Note, your television needs to have Component Video inputs.

BTW, There was a thread where someone suggested this cable: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Component-Vid...d_sim_vg_1
IMO of course the ebay style ones usually branded "BOX" are dire... some get lucky but I've used them in the past and they're not the best... the amazon one is fine but has no optical out for your AV amp as far as I can see... so no 51/DTS and its twice the price if the IXOS one which is technically the same... If your hooking straight up to the TV go with the IXOS, AV amp go for ether the Psyclone in the sticky list or hunt out a genuine M$ item from ebay in the USA.... I've bough loads from the US and if you ask nicely before the auction ends people generally will ship anywhere.
i cant buy from Amazon, due to the fact that it does not ship electronics in Cyprus. Anything i can find in worldwide shipping stores?
rossoneri711 Wrote:@Digidog

Is it what i need? Can you point me to the specific product? the link you sent me has a lot of products. Is it available and shipped to Cyprus?

This is the one that I purchased http://store.richspsxparts.com/xbhideavpafo.html . I have found it to work perfectly, no shadowing or ghosting of any sort. I chose the one without the cables included because I like to use Higher quality cables than are normally supplied.

As far as shipping goes, Drop the fellow an email. He was quite quick to reply to mine when I asked about shipping to Canada.

P.S. I plan on attempting to modify a genuine M$ Advanced AV Pack to turn it into an HD pack. I will post a how to with snapshots if I am successful. It won't be anytime soon though Smile
i have found this item on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Definition-HDTV...25567eba36

will it work?

PS:

Just a reminder...my TV is Grundig Vision 6 32-6930T
Hmm. That cable *would* work, but your TV doesn't seem to have component input. So, while it *would be* the correct cable, you're not going to able to hook it up to that TV has it seems to only have HDMI inputs.

Please check the inputs of your TV for component. But the specs I've seen online don't mention it.

Edit: this TV seems like a close brother to yours and has them. So now I feel confident that yours must have them too. If this is the case, you can buy that cable with confidence.
joazito Wrote:Hmm. That cable *would* work, but your TV doesn't seem to have component input. So, while it *would be* the correct cable, you're not going to able to hook it up to that TV has it seems to only have HDMI inputs.

Please check the inputs of your TV for component. But the specs I've seen online don't mention it.

Edit: this TV seems like a close brother to yours and has them. So now I feel confident that yours must have them too. If this is the case, you can buy that cable with confidence.

from what i remember it has i will check when i go home.

this is what it says on some website : 3x HDMI, SCART, YUV, PC-in, USB
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Microsoft High Definition AV pack no longer available? - Xbox Component Cables?3