• 10(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
I have a Denon 3313 and HD audio passthrough does not work. XBMC is not stable either in the latest version.
Yep, they need to resolve HDMI handshaking issues and update to XBMC/Kodi 13. They've said they'll do both, so let's hope.

On a positive note, I got an e-mail from VidOn that they're getting ready to ship the new, (hopefully) improved remote.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-11-11, 00:38)uddinz Wrote: I have a Denon 3313 and HD audio passthrough does not work. XBMC is not stable either in the latest version.

uddinz - I have the Denon 3311. I seem to have handshake issues when I adjust the resolution to 1080p/60 (both receiver and TV support this resolution). When I choose this the screen goes blank and I get a message from the receiver that there is no video signal. Do you have the same problem? If I leave it at 720P, the video works OK (of course, I can't watch anything as the buffering issues are terrible)
(2014-11-12, 19:52)jstoddard Wrote:
(2014-11-11, 00:38)uddinz Wrote: I have a Denon 3313 and HD audio passthrough does not work. XBMC is not stable either in the latest version.

uddinz - I have the Denon 3311. I seem to have handshake issues when I adjust the resolution to 1080p/60 (both receiver and TV support this resolution). When I choose this the screen goes blank and I get a message from the receiver that there is no video signal. Do you have the same problem? If I leave it at 720P, the video works OK (of course, I can't watch anything as the buffering issues are terrible)

I have it at 1080p/24 but I will try 720p. I think the device has broader problems however.
HD audio worked for me on the following AVR's
- Denon AVR-1913
- Pioneer VSX-822
- TX-NR636

But, you're right about compatibility problems. In most cases, reading posts on VidOn's forum, it appears to be AVR's (in getting 3D and/or hd audio), but in some cases display as well (in getting 3D) (even when connected directly, bypassing an AVR).
My Family Room Theater
Should i install the VidOn Media Center Beta?

Version 0.0.1.0 beta.

Does your Home Screen looks like this?

http://www.vidon.me/vidon_box_vmc.htm
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
The full featured VidOn Media Center will come back very soon. Next version, the VMC will add "File Management" and the playback feature, so that you can connect and view your media via SMB, NFS and UPnP and play the movie in Main Title mode or Menu Mode. If you don't want to downgrade SDK to v1.0, then please wait some days. Smile
(2014-11-21, 09:01)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: The full featured VidOn Media Center will come back very soon. Next version, the VMC will add "File Management" and the playback feature, so that you can connect and view your media via SMB, NFS and UPnP and play the movie in Main Title mode or Menu Mode. If you don't want to downgrade SDK to v1.0, then please wait some days. Smile

Thanks!

The new remote is still not very good.

Do you have i can set VidOn.me box with Logitech remote?

Thanks!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Logitech remote can be used on VidOn Box, we also added support to Logitech K400/K400r wireless keyboard and Logitech Mini Controller in SDK 1.2.
What is the setup in my harmony for Vidon.me Box?
I taught my Harmony every button after choosing 'generic' device. There aren't many. For me I have Harmony Ultimate with Hub, and I place one of the IR transmitters just 2-3 inches from the IR receiver on VidOn. After this, no issues. My new VidOn remote is en route.
My Family Room Theater
VidOn Box vs. Bluetimes M-195

Picture and Video playback quality=M-195
Audio Codec support 5.1/7.1 DTS HD/DOLBY TRUEHD = VidOn Box

3D ISO playback= Both these two devices plays 3D.ISO,but the M-195 plays every 3D.ISO i have tested.
The VidOn plays some o 3D.ISO in 2D( especially the ones with 2D/3D options)

3D.ISO playback over LAN =M-195 (The VidOn box buffers all the time.

Software level and support = VidOn

This is the only test i have done so far.

Overall I think the VidOn box has a great future base on support forum.
I assume you do full BD rips (not just the movie). Re: 2D vs. 3D playing, you need to choose (guess) the right 3D playlist for 3D version to play. Especially tricky when there are a lot of playlists (i.e. Disney titles). So, I rip movie only by running AnyDVD in the background and using tsMuxeR 2.6.12 to build just the 3D movie-only ISO.

Re: VidOn buffering over LAN, I'm not seeing this. I'm using a Synology NAS and cat5e wiring, with SMB protocol. I couldn't get NFS to work via XBMC as it won't drill down to folders below the top-level shared folders.
My Family Room Theater
(2014-11-21, 16:33)movie78 Wrote: VidOn Box vs. Bluetimes M-195

Picture and Video playback quality=M-195
Audio Codec support 5.1/7.1 DTS HD/DOLBY TRUEHD = VidOn Box

3D ISO playback= Both these two devices plays 3D.ISO,but the M-195 plays every 3D.ISO i have tested.
The VidOn plays some o 3D.ISO in 2D( especially the ones with 2D/3D options)

3D.ISO playback over LAN =M-195 (The VidOn box buffers all the time.

Software level and support = VidOn

This is the only test i have done so far.

Overall I think the VidOn box has a great future base on support forum.

Thanks for this short face to face comparison !

Just a question... besides the hd audio problem, that i think they will gonna fix it, yo see better image quality and ISO playback reliability on the Realtek based player?

vidon and m 195 are my 2 contenders for buy 2 o 3 for my 2 TVs and projector, also, I`m from South America ( sorry for my english) and if I buy the incorrect media player...I will not have the possibility the return back for refund and also I will have to wait months to receive a new one!

So, i´m very exited with this 2 sub 70 bucks players.... because i don´t want/like to spend 160 on a minix neo plus or another almost 200 bucks player!

thanks in advance!!
movie78: thanks for the Vidon vs M-195 comparison.

But just to be clear, when you are talking about 3D iso playback you are talking about using the native player (not XBMC) on the M-195, while on the Vid-on box you are playing 3D ISO from XBMC.

I think this matters, particulalrly here on the XBMC forums!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3