• 11(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
(2014-11-21, 17:14)malcolmbarr Wrote: movie78: thanks for the Vidon vs M-195 comparison.

But just to be clear, when you are talking about 3D iso playback you are talking about using the native player (not XBMC) on the M-195, while on the Vid-on box you are playing 3D ISO from XBMC.

I think this matters, particulalrly here on the XBMC forums!

You are correct.

M-195 native player (app name media browser)XBMC playback doesn't work on this device.
VidOn XBMC
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2014-11-21, 16:54)herhelman Wrote:
(2014-11-21, 16:33)movie78 Wrote: VidOn Box vs. Bluetimes M-195

Picture and Video playback quality=M-195
Audio Codec support 5.1/7.1 DTS HD/DOLBY TRUEHD = VidOn Box

3D ISO playback= Both these two devices plays 3D.ISO,but the M-195 plays every 3D.ISO i have tested.
The VidOn plays some o 3D.ISO in 2D( especially the ones with 2D/3D options)

3D.ISO playback over LAN =M-195 (The VidOn box buffers all the time.

Software level and support = VidOn

This is the only test i have done so far.

Overall I think the VidOn box has a great future base on support forum.

Thanks for this short face to face comparison !

Just a question... besides the hd audio problem, that i think they will gonna fix it, yo see better image quality and ISO playback reliability on the Realtek based player? Yes

vidon and m 195 are my 2 contenders for buy 2 o 3 for my 2 TVs and projector, also, I`m from South America ( sorry for my english) and if I buy the incorrect media player...I will not have the possibility the return back for refund and also I will have to wait months to receive a new one!

So, i´m very exited with this 2 sub 70 bucks players.... because i don´t want/like to spend 160 on a minix neo plus or another almost 200 bucks player!

thanks in advance!!

I will suggest that you buy the VidON,you will better support.
After 2 weeks with the M-195, i am still talking to the manufacture and e-tailer for firmware update fix.

Got an email from e-tailer today that they going release a firmware in 2 days,but the manufacture is saying otherwise.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
How does this box compare to the Google Nexus Player?
Hey, guys. VidOn XBMC finally upgrades to Gotham, we are going to release the new version of VidOn XBMC today!
VidOn XBMC (Gotham) has solved many playback issue, you will get better experience!

And one more thing, our VidOn Media Center v 0.0.1.4 will be released next week, in this version we add the "File Management" and playback feature back. In the File Management, you can view your media source via Local USB Drive, Samba, UPnP and NFS, and when you play the movie, you can choose Main Movie or Menu Mode.
(2014-11-22, 06:37)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: Hey, guys. VidOn XBMC finally upgrades to Gotham, we are going to release the new version of VidOn XBMC today!
VidOn XBMC (Gotham) has solved many playback issue, you will get better experience!

And one more thing, our VidOn Media Center v 0.0.1.4 will be released next week, in this version we add the "File Management" and playback feature back. In the File Management, you can view your media source via Local USB Drive, Samba, UPnP and NFS, and when you play the movie, you can choose Main Movie or Menu Mode.

What time today?
Anxious to try it out Wolly.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Are you going to be able to resolve the 1080i MPEG2 playback issues that 'hdmkv' experiences?
Yep, basically proper 29.970 and 59.940. But, before even these, would be nice to have proper 23.976. I understand Minix X8 has this now, maybe the first Android player to? Not sure.
My Family Room Theater
(2014-11-21, 16:33)movie78 Wrote: VidOn Box vs. Bluetimes M-195

Picture and Video playback quality=M-195

(2014-11-22, 23:39)hdmkv Wrote: Yep, basically proper 29.970 and 59.940. But, before even these, would be nice to have proper 23.976. I understand Minix X8 has this now, maybe the first Android player to? Not sure.

Telechips based players also have proper 23.976 support. Looks like Amlogic has finally added support too. Good luck with AllLoser adding support.... oops, I mean Allwinner. Wink

movie78,

Have you tried comparing those motion bar test files on your M-195 vs. the Vidon? Best to look at the [email protected] one. The top bar moving at the fastest speed should never jump or pause.
he vidon is a realtek 1195 player? Like zappiti?
No VidOn uses an (older) Allwinner A7 chip.
My Family Room Theater
(2014-11-23, 16:33)hdmkv Wrote: No VidOn uses an (older) Allwinner A7 chip.

Did you get the new update?
I don't think it's out yet; just checked their forum. Haven't checked via box itself.
My Family Room Theater
I have one of these in transit to me, looking forward to hearing how this box performs with the new software.....
Pity this one doenst support 4k too
Hopefully a new box soon which does hd audio and 3d too
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3