• 17(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
I don 't own a vidon or chameleon

But imho for what i am reading on cm forum vidon is 3x better than chameleon
(2014-12-02, 20:37)Theetjuh Wrote: Just seeing these posts, just like with Open Hour ... ignoring the devs ... I'm glad i got a perfect running Raspberry Pi and don't 'need' another product very soon Big Grin

I don't think raspberry pi can do 3d blu Ray iso, which is the main bragging point of something like the vidon box. Indeed if you don't need 3d blu Ray iso, there are a lot of options available to you which sidestep the issues with android based boxes....
(2014-11-29, 22:47)nickr Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 15:50)Hedda Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 08:10)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: We will release the second Alpha version(0.0.0.2) of VidOn XBMC Gotham on Friday and VMC 0.0.1.4 will also be released if it could pass all tests.
Here is the link of VMC 0.0.1.4 [NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]Beta[/B], if you want to give it a try, you can install it.
http://www.vidon.me/download/vidonme-med...-01-06.apk
AND now the source code for these alpha/beta builds that you now already published to the public?

It really can not be that hard can it be to understand this simple requirement of the GPL?

If you release any binary of XBMC/Kodi then you must also give the source code for it when asked.

You are in violation of the GPL right now unless you release the source code for each these builds.

This is not a gray area open to interpetation, these are simple facts that you have to deal with.

+1
Time to put VidOn.me on the wall of shame for GPL violators? http://kodi.tv/known-list-of-gpl-violators/
Could someone please try Netflix? Do you get DD+ bitstreaming? I have a Nexus Player and I only get 2 ch. on that. But Chromecast does DD+ and from what I read the Fire TV does it too.
(2014-12-03, 18:10)Hedda Wrote: Time to put VidOn.me on the wall of shame for GPL violators? http://kodi.tv/known-list-of-gpl-violators/

The code of XBMC 13.2 is already freezed, the community no longer accepts any new code (of Gotham). We will push the code to github after our first official version is released. The link I posted was just for testing, it's an Alpha version which cannot be public released. I believe you know what does "Alpha" mean. I have removed the link in my post.

As an official sponsor of Kodi.tv, we do obey the GPL.
You distributed it, you supply the source. "Cannot be public rleased" is complete bollocks. "Must be released" is the legal position.

I thought you guys were sponsors of XBMC/KODI. How come you can't even comply with the fucking GPL?

Hang your head in shame.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-04, 08:02)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 18:10)Hedda Wrote: Time to put VidOn.me on the wall of shame for GPL violators? http://kodi.tv/known-list-of-gpl-violators/
The code of XBMC 13.2 is already freezed, the community no longer accepts any new code (of Gotham). We will push the code to github after our first official version is released. The link I posted was just for testing, it's an Alpha version which cannot be public released. I believe you know what does "Alpha" mean. I have removed the link in my post.
I know exactly what Alpha and Beta releases means but clearly you do not understand that the GPL license forces you to also provide the full source code each public binary release, and that include Alpha and Beta releases and even any test builds you offer!

You can not refuse to release the source code for any alpha, beta, or test binary builds you release of XBMC/Kodi. That is not an option in the GPL, you need to provide the source code for all when asked!

That is not how the GPL license works, and you are now in fact in violation of the GPL because you are not providing the asked for full source code of your public Alpha and Beta releases!

As soon any you released alpha/beta/test builds to the public as you did then you also have to meet the requirement to provide the full source code for those specific alpha/beta/test builds when asked.

Now release the full source code for those builds!

(2014-12-04, 08:02)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: As an official sponsor of Kodi.tv, we do obey the GPL.
As a sponsor for Kodi you need to understand how GPL works and what your legal requirements are!

When asked as now you have to provide the source code for all and any builds you released to the public, not only your "stable" point releases, as that if not your option to choose. You only get that option if you only release builds in private to specific individuals, not if you post them to the public as you did.

Do you now grasp the concept of how the GPL works?! If not please read this from the FAQ about the GPL:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html...stedPublic

...if you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users, under the GPL.

So when I ask for the full source code of any build that you offer or have offered to the public that I can download you need to provide it, no matter if that is a point release, alpha, beta, or just a test build, as that is how the GPL legally works!

Not sure how much more simple I can put this so maybe you should speak to a soft lawyer that can translate the GPL legal jargon so that you can better understand your legal requirements.

If you now do understand and still refuse to release the source code of you alpha/beta/test buiild then you definitely should not be allowed to be a sponsor and you really belong on that pagefor GPL violators? http://kodi.tv/known-list-of-gpl-violators/

You also risk being reported to the Free Software Foundation for GNU GNU Licenses http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-violation.html
Btw....is thw buffering problems solved?
As a potential buyer..my major concern is player reliability. ..
So, apart of the GPL ...try to fix the software issues so we,normal users willing to spend 70 bucks in a player,can enjoy your device.
Thanks!
Buffering issues are not solved

Android system is set to 1280x720 , all the apps run at that resolution

audio passthru is not working through HDMI ( in my case dolby digital works , DTS doesn't)

you must use their XBMC or VMC ( this is xbmc using their GUI ) to get FULLHD on screen / audio passthru

I tried spm , kodi , and gotham (not the alpha they built , the one from this site) in them , the output using these versions is not FullHD and audio passthru doesn't work with these versions (you get noise)

I manually changed resolution to 1920x1080 , all the non vidon apps showed 1920x1080 , but vidon version (and vmc) plays the video in a small box in the upper side of the screen (1280x720 sized)

such a shame , I mean , a simple kernel boot flag setting physical resolution is missing (or kernel config ) , and sources in git are not updated at all
With all the problems I'm reading about, sounds like the $69 Fire TV deal on Monday was indeed a great buy. There are so many of these Android boxes and sticks but none of them seem to work right. I wonder why it is so hard, are there technical limitations in Android (or the hardware?) or is it that the people working on these boxes do not understand what end users want?
So herein lies the lesson with a lot of Android media gadgets....

Hardware Specs mean diddly squat without a competent software developer base.
Fragmentation from a multitude of Android devices does not help either.
A mature well supported product does actually count for something.

And so the freshly hatched Android army continues marching on like lemmings over a cliff !!!

Tongue

(2014-12-04, 19:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Hardware Specs mean diddly squat without a competent software developer base.

+1
Aluminum cases, octa-cores, Gbps Ethernet, etc. all irrelevant if the software driving them sucks.
(2014-12-04, 18:14)Trigu75 Wrote: Buffering issues are not solved

Android system is set to 1280x720 , all the apps run at that resolution

audio passthru is not working through HDMI ( in my case dolby digital works , DTS doesn't)

you must use their XBMC or VMC ( this is xbmc using their GUI ) to get FULLHD on screen / audio passthru

I tried spm , kodi , and gotham (not the alpha they built , the one from this site) in them , the output using these versions is not FullHD and audio passthru doesn't work with these versions (you get noise)

I manually changed resolution to 1920x1080 , all the non vidon apps showed 1920x1080 , but vidon version (and vmc) plays the video in a small box in the upper side of the screen (1280x720 sized)

such a shame , I mean , a simple kernel boot flag setting physical resolution is missing (or kernel config ) , and sources in git are not updated at all
I have explained many times on our forum that our UI is running at 720p which is limited by the chipset, BUT when you play a 1080p movie, the picture is the ture 1080p not upscaled 1080p, all users can prove this.
And please make sure you did the right settings in Audio Setting if your DTS-HD/TureHD passthrough doesn't work. You can also find the videos that I recorded and uploaded to Youtube in order to show you and prove that we do have DTS-HD/TureHD 7.1 work.
We developed VidOn XBMC based on XBMC Frodo (now have migrated to Gotham), so we recommend you to play movie with VidOn XBMC because we didn't do any changes on the player comes with the Android OS.

If you don't know how to do the correct settings to make your movie fill the whole screen, I suggest you clean the data/cache of VidOn XBMC and VMC, or you can also reset the box by pressing the reset button which is sit back of the box.

If you still have problem, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you!!!

(2014-12-04, 20:44)sirmedia Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 19:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Hardware Specs mean diddly squat without a competent software developer base.

+1
Aluminum cases, octa-cores, Gbps Ethernet, etc. all irrelevant if the software driving them sucks.

Yes, that's why we put more effort into the software development.
When did you release Gotham and did you fixed the buffering issue?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2014-12-05, 05:50)movie78 Wrote: When did you release Gotham and did you fixed the buffering issue?

Tomorrow, on Saturday, the first VidOn XBMC (Gotham) will be submitted for testing, and if it could pass all tests, we will release it. Of course this version will solve the 3D Blu-ray buffering issue.

And next, we will solve the A/V sync problem.
All problems will be solved one by one.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3