• 27(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
(2014-12-17, 03:21)nickr Wrote: I'd be intrigued to know how the activation of HD Audio works then. If it is via XBMC code then they have to give us the source and their system will be redundant.

If it is via some other mechanism, then meh, I dunno. Depends on the licence of that other code.

Has anyone seen the source code for the latest version that is being tested? Their gihub hasn't had any commits since September

https://github.com/vidonme/xbmc/commits/master

Please see the branches of gotham.vidonme and helix.vidonme.
Did some more tests. Connected to another Sony TV directly 3D works. If I connect to the same TV through my Onkyo NR737 3d doesn't work anymore. HD audio is fine.
Wolly as HDMKV has asked, what is the situation with some AVR's not passing HD audio.

As quoted from the Vidon website

"AC3/DTS 5.1 SPDIF and DTS-HD/TrueHD HDMI passthrough output lets you enjoy lossless audio any time you like."

This is not true, my Yamaha RX-S600 does not pass HD Audio.

The list is increasing !!!!!!

http://forum.vidon.me/index.php?/topic/9...udio-here/

We need an update ASAP
It really sounds like a HDMI handshake and EDID issue. I have ordered an EDID Manager to see if this will solve the problem.
If so, that may be an easier fix Caramba69? Vs. HDCP issues I'm guessing. Please let us know after you receive and test.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-12-17, 11:42)stewfo Wrote: Wolly as HDMKV has asked, what is the situation with some AVR's not passing HD audio.

As quoted from the Vidon website

"AC3/DTS 5.1 SPDIF and DTS-HD/TrueHD HDMI passthrough output lets you enjoy lossless audio any time you like."

This is not true, my Yamaha RX-S600 does not pass HD Audio.

The list is increasing !!!!!!

We need an update ASAP
We are here just guessing it is the compatible issue, maybe it has other reasons and we are also collecting information in order to solve this problem.

(2014-12-17, 02:26)hdmkv Wrote: Wolly, are your devs working on HDMI handshaking issues? What about adding 3D left/right eye switching via menu within VidOn XBMC? Thanks.

After some test and analyze, our test manager told me that the SDK provided by Allwinner has a bug about the 3D left/right eye switching, so even if we added this feature in the software, you still can not switch left/right eye.
We will contact Allwinner to see if they can fix this bug.
"We are here just guessing it is the compatible issue, maybe it has other reasons and we are also collecting information in order to solve this problem."

Not really an answer, are you saying that you don't know what the issue is?

All I want is what was advertised (HD Audio) or at least an answer that explains what it is Vidon is doing to resolve the issue.

"collecting Information" !!
Wolly

Since you guys just fixed the most important issue (Buffering) and most of us has had VidOn box for a month.
Do we get an extra month on our membership?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Quote:After some test and analyze, our test manager told me that the SDK provided by Allwinner has a bug about the 3D left/right eye switching, so even if we added this feature in the software, you still can not switch left/right eye.
Thanks. I'd think this should be fixable within software (vs. hardware). Reason I say this is Mede8er originally had the same issue in their X3D series and they added a menu item to allow toggle of left/right eye. From what I understand, Blu-ray 3D mostly has left-eye first as default, but some movies are authored with right-eye first. It may just be a flag in the header information (or SSIF file).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2014-12-17, 16:12)stewfo Wrote: "We are here just guessing it is the compatible issue, maybe it has other reasons and we are also collecting information in order to solve this problem."

Not really an answer, are you saying that you don't know what the issue is?

All I want is what was advertised (HD Audio) or at least an answer that explains what it is Vidon is doing to resolve the issue.

"collecting Information" !!

What I mean is that not every reported "handshake" issue is the real handshake issue, some are and some are not.
Before we get more information, your issue can not absolutely be definded as a handshake issue.

(2014-12-17, 16:49)hdmkv Wrote:
Quote:After some test and analyze, our test manager told me that the SDK provided by Allwinner has a bug about the 3D left/right eye switching, so even if we added this feature in the software, you still can not switch left/right eye.
Thanks. I'd think this should be fixable within software (vs. hardware). Reason I say this is Mede8er originally had the same issue in their X3D series and they added a menu item to allow toggle of left/right eye. From what I understand, Blu-ray 3D mostly has left-eye first as default, but some movies are authored with right-eye first. It may just be a flag in the header information (or SSIF file).

Yes, we know it can be fixed via software, but the bug in the SDK will make the software useless. So that's why I say even if we added that feature in the software, it still can not be switched.
We hope Allwinner will fix this bug asap.
Even 1080p24 works good there are still droped frames. It is getting worse with higher frequencies. If I play 25Hz movies they sometimes don't stutter at the beginning but stutter after some chapter skips. I also saw movies with these frame rate which are stuttering right from the beginning and the audio is asynchron to the picture after some chapter skips. The worst problem occurs for 29.97 Hz movies. They don't play at all without stuttering. There is also stuttering for 24p directly after chapter skip. Wolly, when can Vidon solve all these problems? Can you solve them by your own or do you need a SDK update by Allwinner?
Thanks for explaining

"What I mean is that not every reported "handshake" issue is the real handshake issue, some are and some are not.
Before we get more information, your issue can not absolutely be definded as a handshake issue."

Wolly, what can I do to help you get more information about my potential handshake issue.

let me know
(2014-12-16, 17:02)stewfo Wrote: Have alook here and see if your AVR is on the list

Good news: I have received my EDID emulator: http://www.hdfury.com/shop/otherhdfuryhardware/dr-hdmi/
3D works now after plugging this hardware between the box and my Philips TV! I will be test this with my Onkyo Receiver 737 next.
(2014-12-17, 20:39)cmdr.adama Wrote: Even 1080p24 works good there are still droped frames. It is getting worse with higher frequencies. If I play 25Hz movies they sometimes don't stutter at the beginning but stutter after some chapter skips. I also saw movies with these frame rate which are stuttering right from the beginning and the audio is asynchron to the picture after some chapter skips. The worst problem occurs for 29.97 Hz movies. They don't play at all without stuttering. There is also stuttering for 24p directly after chapter skip. Wolly, when can Vidon solve all these problems? Can you solve them by your own or do you need a SDK update by Allwinner?

Of course we can fix these bugs by updating our VidOn XBMC and VMC.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3