• 31(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
(2014-12-24, 07:58)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: I also tried some blu-ray movie on the official XBMC (for Windows), I disabled subtitle when playing the movie and pressed the stop to go back to the file list, and chose the same movie to play agian, the status of subtitle was enabled.

So it seems that's the design of XBMC.

Correct me if I was wrong.
Thats correct VmW,

Subtitles and RSS and Teletext seems to always be Enabled by default when I do a virgin install of whatever version of XBMC / Kodi across various devices.

I wish the developers would stop doing it. Its a pain in the ass disabling everytime !!! Sad
Plus RSS badly slows down XBMC if you happen to have a low powered device!

Rant off.

(2014-12-24, 02:41)hdmkv Wrote: The frame drop may be addressed by adding 23.976 and 59.940 framerates. Also, are you planning further performance improvements to VidOn Gotham XBMC? If so, what? Thanks.

Playing 23.976 fps video files at 24.000 will actually cause frame repeats, not frame drops. You will see micro-freezes as some frames are shown twice to stay in sync with audio. This will happen approximately every 42 seconds.

If this player is dropping or skipping frames then it's probably a different bug.

Test files available here: https://yadi.sk/d/hDtJpOMrYHtuW
Why are not working on 14.0 after Helix is released?
(2014-12-24, 07:58)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 12:00)cmdr.adama Wrote: What abaut the activation of subtitles in XBMC by default and not working storage of deactivated subtitles as default?

What's the version of your VidOn XBMC? v 0.0.0.3 Beta?
Yes I am using XBMC v 0.0.0.3 Beta on my vidon box.
(2014-12-24, 07:58)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: I also tried some blu-ray movie on the official XBMC (for Windows), I disabled subtitle when playing the movie and pressed the stop to go back to the file list, and chose the same movie to play agian, the status of subtitle was enabled.

If you want to test the behaviour subtitle settings with XBMC for Windows you must make sure that the video doesn't contain Forced Subtitle track because they will be activated by default even if subtitles are deactivated by default.

If you are using a video without forced subtitles you can deactivate subtitles with the two steps shown in the picture below:

If you have done these steps and stop and start the video playback subtitles shall be disabled by default for all videos.
(2014-12-17, 20:39)cmdr.adama Wrote: Even 1080p24 works good there are still droped frames. It is getting worse with higher frequencies. If I play 25Hz movies they sometimes don't stutter at the beginning but stutter after some chapter skips. I also saw movies with these frame rate which are stuttering right from the beginning and the audio is asynchron to the picture after some chapter skips. The worst problem occurs for 29.97 Hz movies. They don't play at all without stuttering. There is also stuttering for 24p directly after chapter skip. Wolly, when can Vidon solve all these problems? Can you solve them by your own or do you need a SDK update by Allwinner?
The effect can also be described as flip-book effect which means that a lot of frames are dropped. It seams to occur with some 25 Hz movies either from the beginning or after some chapter skips and with all 29.97 Hz movies right from the beginning. With 23.976Hz or 24.000 Hz movies a stuttering occurs after execution of chapter jumps.

If you install Quartz skin you can see the number of dropped frames. While playing a movie you can choose Settings on the right side and then Video codec to see an overlay witch contains some information. You can also use Yatse app or Original XBMC remote app to activate this overaly information.
(2014-12-24, 10:51)Caramba69 Wrote: Why are not working on 14.0 after Helix is released?

Yes, we are working on Helix, but still need a long time.

(2014-12-24, 11:07)cmdr.adama Wrote:
(2014-12-24, 07:58)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2014-12-23, 12:00)cmdr.adama Wrote: What abaut the activation of subtitles in XBMC by default and not working storage of deactivated subtitles as default?

What's the version of your VidOn XBMC? v 0.0.0.3 Beta?
Yes I am using XBMC v 0.0.0.3 Beta on my vidon box.

If you want to test the behaviour subtitle settings with XBMC for Windows you must make sure that the video doesn't contain Forced Subtitle track because they will be activated by default even if subtitles are deactivated by default.

http://pogoplug.cwsurf.de/xbmc-forced-subtilles.jpg

If you are using a video without forced subtitles you can deactivate subtitles with the two steps shown in the picture below:

http://pogoplug.cwsurf.de/xbmc-disable-subtitles.jpg

If you have done these steps and stop and start the video playback subtitles shall be disabled by default for all videos.
OK, will try it again.
Wolly , the subtitles always showing is a bug in your latest releases , xbmc 0.0.0.3 and vmc 0.0.14 and vmc 0.0.15 ,

Every time you start a movie from beginning you must go to the setting and disable them
B/S....Works as expected.....
@Wolly,
The Eweat EW902 seams to support audio output e.g. of FLAC data with higher sampling rates. Therefore I think the limitation to 44,1 kHz is a limitation of the SDK of the Vidon box. Can you ask the SDK supplier if he/she can improve HD Audio passthrough to support more/all AVRs, higher sampling rates for audio output over HDMI and increase system resolution from 720p to 1080p?

That sounds like a bug. XBMC/Kodi should remember if you've disabled subtitles for a specific video.
(2014-12-24, 22:14)Ned Scott Wrote:

That sounds like a bug. XBMC/Kodi should remember if you've disabled subtitles for a specific video.
Wolly wrote that he used official XBMC for Windows. Because this is working well I think he used a video with forced subtitles.
If he will try it again he will see that there is a difference between the good behavior of XBMC for Windows and wrong behavior of Vidon Gotham XBMC.
(2014-12-24, 23:11)cmdr.adama Wrote: Wolly wrote that he used official XBMC for Windows. Because this is working well I think he used a video with forced subtitles.
If he will try it again he will see that there is a difference between the good behavior of XBMC for Windows and wrong behavior of Vidon Gotham XBMC.

Hi, I just tested some movies again on VidOn XBMC and the official XBMC, VidOn XBMC indeed has the problem, I have forwarded this issue to our developers, hope they can fix it in the next version.
(2014-12-24, 22:09)cmdr.adama Wrote: @Wolly,
The Eweat EW902 seams to support audio output e.g. of FLAC data with higher sampling rates. Therefore I think the limitation to 44,1 kHz is a limitation of the SDK of the Vidon box. Can you ask the SDK supplier if he/she can improve HD Audio passthrough to support more/all AVRs, higher sampling rates for audio output over HDMI and increase system resolution from 720p to 1080p?

Hey adama
I have read their product page, I didn't see where they mentioned the audio output supports higher sampling rates, our developers have already analyzed the source code of Android, it indeed has the limitation.
We can also play the audio with sampling rate of 192kHz or 96kHz, but it's software decoding, the output only can be 44.1kHz or 48kHz at most.
If they don't use passthrough, then they can not output 192kHz or 96kHz on an Android Box.
Hello Wolly,
even it is not mentioned on the EW902 product page they support HD Audio passthrough and HDMI CEC as well as NAS functions like AFP, DAAP, FTP, BT, Samba and DMS directly within the OS.

As far I know the Vidon Box uses 2ch downmix not only for high sampling rate 2ch/multi-channel FLAC but also for movies with multi channel audio or HD Streams if HD Audio passthrough is disabled. I would usually expect multi channel PCM output if a multi channel audio stream (e.g. AC3, DTS, TrueHD, DTS HD) is used without passthrough. But this is not the case. Why you don't use the EDID information read through HDMI from the connected device and use the best possible format/rate for audio output? I think that this also depends on SDK support as well as HDMI CEC, support of HD Audio passthrough for more/all AVRs and the support of ext4 for connected storage devices.

Passthrough means that the audio stream is used directly without any conversion (e.g. AC3, DTS, TrueHD, DTS HD). In case of 2ch/multi-ch PCM with higher sampling rates of 96 kHz or 192 kHz this is no passthrough but just support of PCM output with 2 or multi-channels and higher sampling rates.

Regards.
adama
Yes, if Passthrough is disabled, the audio output of Android OS can only be 44.1kHz or 48kHz no matter it is music or movie, 2ch or multi-channels, that's the limitation of Android.
If you don't trust what I said, you can buy the EW902 to see if it can output 96kHz/192kHz without passthrough.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3