• 41(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
You just don't get it do you? You distribute gpl software and that makes YOU responsible for providing the source code. It is not rocket science, just a matter of simple comprehension.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-28, 07:30)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: No, we haven't fixed the subtitle issue, we did some changes, but have not fixed it, if your subtitle suddenly works well on your box, then sorry, we don't know why, maybe another unknown issue which happens to be fixed during the process.
We do added some 3D related options, but it just on the UI layer, actually they don't work, because these features require an SDK update to support it. We haven't released the new SDK, so we don't think it should be added into the changelog.

Hmmm , so you changed but hide it from the change log

And how come a UI only change breaks the HDMI handshake 3D playback ?

Usually a change log reflects all changes between the previous version and the new one , hiding changes and then denying them ( deleting posts of bug related to them on your forum) will not make them disappear
Ah give it a break you lot!!!
Yes, I saw that somthing was changed concerning activation of subtitles but I also saw that it wasn't solved completely. You should note known restrictions in the changelog.
(2015-01-28, 08:08)Trigu75 Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 07:30)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: No, we haven't fixed the subtitle issue, we did some changes, but have not fixed it, if your subtitle suddenly works well on your box, then sorry, we don't know why, maybe another unknown issue which happens to be fixed during the process.
We do added some 3D related options, but it just on the UI layer, actually they don't work, because these features require an SDK update to support it. We haven't released the new SDK, so we don't think it should be added into the changelog.

Hmmm , so you changed but hide it from the change log

And how come a UI only change breaks the HDMI handshake 3D playback ?

Usually a change log reflects all changes between the previous version and the new one , hiding changes and then denying them ( deleting posts of bug related to them on your forum) will not make them disappear

Come on..., we don't delete posts, the moderator just want members to talk about one bug within one topic, so that we can trace the bugs easily.
The 3D playback issue is an unexpected issue, we are not sure if it has something related to the extra added 3D options. We will release the v0.0.0.6 very soon, which will fix this 3D issue.
Here is a screenshot from my phone
http://1drv.ms/1K1TXzg
If anyone who knows Chinese could translate it out.
We are testing the VidOn XBMC for AV200, preparing VidOn XBMC v0.0.0.6, VMC 0.0.1.7 and SDK 1.3, all of these will be out in this week or next week.
(2015-01-28, 07:56)nickr Wrote: You just don't get it do you? You distribute gpl software and that makes YOU responsible for providing the source code. It is not rocket science, just a matter of simple comprehension.
Donor, oh sorry, your name is nicker, this is not a place for you GPL protectors to talk about GPL, this is Kodi forum, and we are in "Hardware for Kodi", we are here to talk about things related to Kodi, and we already released all XBMC/Kodi related source code to the GitHub.
So please stop misleading other people.
If you still want talking GPL, please move to another place, you can also open you new topic to speak it. Thank you!
@Wolly This is a thread about the "Latest Vidon Box", and is valid to bring up your GPL violations. The fact that you won't discuss your kernel GPL violations is a clear admission that you are in breach, and don't have an answer for me. Avoidance of the subject does not correct your violation.

Show me the kernel sources for your box and I will gladly drop the subject, what's more I will praise you for your compliance.

At present you are damaging your brand here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OK, nickr

Since you want to change this topic to a GPL topic, then let's talk about it.
We have no right to open the source code of Allwinner under the agreement, so please give us the detailed evidence to prove that Allwinner violated the GPL.

Just because they didn't open the source code then you call them GPL violator? You're too naive.
GPL is complex, it's not simply YES or NO.
I suggest you to ask the official people of Allwinner for collecting some evidence and then back to here to tell us about your findings.
http://linux-sunxi.org/GPL_Violations
@Wolly,

you can read in the following judgment what is a GPL violation and what can occur if you violate the GPL license: http://www.ifross.org/sites/default/file...Fantec.pdf
Fantec just violated GPLv2 by using netfilter/iptables in their Media Player and not providing the license conditions and complete corresponding source code with its firmware.

amount in controversy 110.000,- €
(2015-01-28, 10:29)Trigu75 Wrote: http://linux-sunxi.org/GPL_Violations

Thank you, but I didn't see the A31s in the list.
(2015-01-27, 23:35)Trigu75 Wrote: Cmdr , a work around i found ,( i had sluttering issueas with concerts ,)

I changed the hdmi output to 1080p60 , all the cocerts finally started playing fine

And xbmc automaticallly changes the mode to 1080p24 and 50 based on source frame rate
This workaround doesn't work here.
(2015-01-28, 10:33)cmdr.adama Wrote: @Wolly,

you can read in the following judgment what is a GPL violation and what can occur if you violate the GPL license: http://www.ifross.org/sites/default/file...Fantec.pdf
Fantec just violated GPLv2 by using netfilter/iptables in their Media Player and not providing the license conditions and complete corresponding source code with its firmware.

amount in controversy 110.000,- €

Thank you, don't know what's the relationship between this judgment and A31s, we don't use their media player.
You wrote that GPL is complex, it's not simply YES or NO. This is an example of a GPL violation. You would learn a lot about GPL violation by reading the judgement. But it seams that you are not interested to check if your position is right.
A31s was not released to the public , all others were leaked which made them release it
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3