• 47(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
The leaked v0.0.0.6 did (so I'd expect the fixed version to), as does the present v0.0.0.5. Both have video playback stutters with 3D ISO's.

BTW, I should have my HiMedia Q5 4K tomorrow, which I got largely based on your reports. Planning to install the Futeko 1.0.7 firmware version even though it says for EU models only. Is this what you have or are you using 1.0.4? Will test similar to VidOn (via wired SMB) and see how the two compare.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I have 1.07.
(2015-03-09, 14:06)Caramba69 Wrote: Does this update come with the 1080p update?

No, 1080p requires the SDK update.
Hi Wolly
can you help me? I bought V31s yesterday, and went thru all initial setup steps, including, wifi,firmware update ,login,membership card and was able to see the vidon.me media center. I shut it down and then turn it back up and it got stuck on videon.me blue logo.I restarted but same thing.So i did hard factory reset, the green bar got stuck in the middle, i tried again and third time i was back on media center screen. I went into system info and now its showing
SDK 1.1 and Vidon center VR 0.0.1.2.
How can i update it to the latest firware?? should i do factory reset again or should i do manual update from your post on vidon website.? Is SDK 1.2 and VidOn Media Center v 0.0.1.0 latest?
also
is there anyway to change the background color? what does M icon means in the top right?

edit: i was able to update to SDK 1.2 from the update menu. what version of VMC works best??
See here: http://forum.vidon.me/index.php?/forum/1...-releases/
(2015-03-10, 10:02)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 14:06)Caramba69 Wrote: Does this update come with the 1080p update?

No, 1080p requires the SDK update.

Will the SDK update come as well?
anyone knows why vidon xmc and gothom xbmc icons looks exactly the same after the update.Huh?
Because the old device owners want the Gotham version update, however the new developed gotham version VidOn XBMC cannot be used on the old device directly because it will happen the "only audio, no video" problem, so we did a lot work to make the Gotham version run on the old device. You know that you cannot upgrade from XBMC 12 to XBMC 13.2 directly, they are different apps on Android, but we made it for AV200, and we changed the number version from 1.1.0.2 to 2.0.0.0.

Because when producing the box, the manufacturer used the old SDK which only pre-installed the Frodo version VidOn XBMC, and during the updates, we added the icon of VidOn XBMC (Gotham) into the VMC, you can see it has a arrow-down icon on the grey XBMC icon, that means it need to be downloaded from the server first, so when you downloaded and installed it, you will see two XBMC icons on the screen, one is the blue one with a VidOn logo on it and one is the grey one looks like the official icon.

And after we released the v 2.0.0.0 for AV200, the blue one detected the update, so it updated from v 1.1.0.2 to v. 2.0.0.0, actually the app upgraded from Frodo to Gotham, so the icon became the grey one, then you will see two same icons on your screen.

Sorry for the complicate upgrade roadmap. I suggest you uninstall the v 2.0.0.0 if you box is VidOn XBMC. We will release the VidOn's Helix within less than one month, by then you may see three XBMC/Kodi icons on your screen, looks very interesting.
Wolly

When is the new update coming out?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
The week is nearly over
In light of HiMedia Q5, I think VidOn should nix the membership fee. Doesn't make sense anymore, at least to me, to buy VidOn, even at $70 with $15/year membership cost tied in. Although, it would take 4 years to come close to HiMedia's $140 price. I just hate memberships tied to media players, that's all Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-13, 16:46)hdmkv Wrote: In light of HiMedia Q5, I think VidOn should nix the membership fee. Doesn't make sense anymore, at least to me, to buy VidOn, even at $70 with $15/year membership cost tied in. Although, it would take 4 years to come close to HiMedia's $140 price. I just hate memberships tied to media players, that's all Smile.

+1
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
A lot of fake promisses of videon to me...
Wouldnt pay for it, not even the membership
Its not of this world anymore.
And 3d and 1080p isn't still working with vidon
(2015-03-13, 16:48)Caramba69 Wrote: And 3d and 1080p isn't still working with vidon

As i said
A lot of promises.
Next week, tomorrow, day after...

You dont see much more .. still it doesnt do what it says it does
lol
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3