• 55(current)
Android Latest VidOn Box Impressions
(2015-04-02, 08:43)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: We will inform you (if you are interested in) once we have new product out.
Thanks. Always interested in new, especially better capable boxes. Seems the main issues with the present box are more hardware limiting factors? It's still a good box, especially at just $50 (GeekBuying), with caveats being 720p XBMC UI SDK 1.2 necessary for proper playback. Does 3D ISO and HD audio, both via XBMC, not an external player. It's better than Open Hour, Eweat, etc., and remains a cheaper alternative (with nicer UI) to HiMedia's Q5 4K.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-04-02, 09:46)cmdr.adama Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 08:43)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: We will inform you (if you are interested in) once we have new product out.
Sounds that Vidon Box is nearby the end of its lifetime and serious problems will never be fixed.

No, we just released the new version on our forum.
VMC 0.0.1.7 and VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0

And next week we are very likely to release the Helix version of VidOn XBMC.

Of course some hardware problems cannot be solved on this box, such as CEC HDMI control, because the hardware itself doesn't support CEC.
Wolly

Any update on HD audio issue's with certain recievers, is this likely to be be resolved in the near future.
We are still working on the HD audio issue, that's why we didn't push VidOn XBMC 1.0.0.0 to all users but only released it on our forum, because this version still has some problem on HD audio output.

BTW, I'd like to know if HiMedia Q5 can pass HD audio to all kinds of Receivers, if the answer is yes, I will report it to our developers.
I guess the answer is yes, because HiMedia uses Hisilicon chipset which is provided by Huawei, I believe Huawei has the ability to compatible most receivers.
The only reason why i am still holding on to this box is because of FULL BD MENU
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I think Egreat A9 is a better choice. Because it has VidOn XBMC (Helix version) built in.
But now we are solving the HD audio issue on Egreat A9, once the HD audio works, it will be an All-in-one Android Box.
This one? Why is it better?
My Family Room Theater
(2015-04-02, 15:43)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: I think Egreat A9 is a better choice. Because it has VidOn XBMC (Helix version) built in.
But now we are solving the HD audio issue on Egreat A9, once the HD audio works, it will be an All-in-one Android Box.

Egreat is been around for a look time...
I can remember since the first Popcorn hour and the WDlive era

Looks goods but not for $179.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Yep, that price, plus broken HD audio, and not to mention no official forum/support?
My Family Room Theater
We will provide Full BD menu, 3D Blu-ray playback and HD audio passthrough for Egreat A9, and also if you have any problem related to VidOn XBMC, you can write to us for help.
But for the hardware issue support, we can do nothing, that's not our business.

MStar MSO9180 is something high-end chipset, yes, the price is a little expensive, that depends.
(2015-04-02, 16:11)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: We will provide Full BD menu, 3D Blu-ray playback and HD audio passthrough for Egreat A9, and also if you have any problem related to VidOn XBMC, you can write to us for help.
But for the hardware issue support, we can do nothing, that's not our business.

MStar MSO9180 is something high-end chipset, yes, the price is a little expensive, that depends.

What about the ZIDOO X9 ?
Wolly are you saying that it is a hardware limitation within the VidOn.Me box that may stop "All Receivers" from processing HD Audio?
(2015-04-02, 15:34)movie78 Wrote: The only reason why i am still holding on to this box is because of FULL BD MENU

I tested certain Full BD menus. The device has many problems to play them. Wolly just said somtime ago that it should be improved. But this is what he say for all problems.
(2015-04-02, 16:37)stewfo Wrote: Wolly are you saying that it is a hardware limitation within the VidOn.Me box that may stop "All Receivers" from processing HD Audio?

I think that it is more likely a SDK problem.
(2015-04-02, 15:43)VidOn.me-Wolly Wrote: I think Egreat A9 is a better choice. Because it has VidOn XBMC (Helix version) built in.
This topic is not the right place to advertise other devices! Moreover it is a bad sign that you want improve problems you were not able to solve on your box now on device of another company. This shows how important are customers of your device for you. May I remind you that you intended to offer a professinal service which is not visible to your customers?
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest VidOn Box Impressions3