• 1(current)
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin
Notes

Please note that this is not a way to view NHL Game's for free or anything like that. This addon simply allows someone with an active GCL Account to access games that they normally can online, through their XBMC.
In order to use GCL, please sign up at the following: https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/gclsignup

Installation

FYI, NHL Gamecenter 0.7.4 has been added to the official XBMC repository for easier installation and future updates.
To install go to System > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Video Add-ons > NHL Gamecenter
Go to Settings>Addons>Enabled>Video
Select Gamecenter then Configure.
Enter your username and password, select Rogers if it's a Rogers login.
Go to the Home page, select Videos>Addons and login to NHL!

Features

Live Games
Highlights
Archived Games
HD Video (720p)
View Home/Away Feeds

Special Thanks

A bit shoutout goes to the original creator of this Addon, Carb0.

Current Download (Version 0.8.1)
https://github.com/dannyellis/plugin.vid...master.zip

Changelog:
- Added setting to select a different CDN Server

- Show Score Notifications auto-off
- Display bug fix for miliary time

- Show Score Notifications
- Stale cookie fix

Notes: The Show Score Notifications feature alerts the user of any scoring changes of live games. It also checks what you are watching within XBMC and if it is a live game it will make sure not to show score updates or "spoilers" for that game. Once this feature is started it will continue to run until you a) Choose "Turn off Notifications" or b) you close XBMC. So you don't even have to be watching hockey to get score updates :-)

- Bug fix
- Best quality fix for latest games (5k for all but highlights)

- Added Show Score Setting
- Changed the way the date is displayed in Latest Games
- Removed date from Live games
- Bug fixes

- Updated addon.xml so that you can finally install from ZIP! No more SSHing/Unzipping into Program Files.

- Doing update to LIVE games logic for date. Date/time format had changed on NHL's side.
- Created proper readme and changelog.

- Removed logic to try to login with cookies when restarting the addon

- Fixed away feeds
- Fixed thumbnail related errors

Notes: The quality and game type selection doesn't work properly. Try different combinations if streams don't start. If the 'Latest Games' section doesn't show any games, try togggling the 'Rogers login' option in settings (even if you don't have a Rogers login). Both errors will be fixed in the next version.

- Completely rewritten
- Fixed live games
- Added option for Rogers login

- Fixed live games
- Added game highlights
- Added faster way to access last night's games
- Removed classic games
- Removed RTMP streams

- Fixed live games in Gotham (all platforms)
- Changed minimum API for python to 2.1

- Fixed live games (thanks to Hyperium)

- Fixed a small error

- Code cleanup

- Possible fix for the random crashes

- Improved Live game strings

- Added option to select stream quality for each game individually (Video Quality (HTTP): Always Ask)
- Added option to display "@" instead of "vs." in game titles
- Date and time is localized now
- Fixed title strings for archived and condensed games on OPENELEC

- Fixed archived and condensed games on OPENELEC

- Fixed archived and condensed games

- Fixed archived and condensed games

- Fixed archived and condensed games for season 2012/2013
- Added support for 4500 kbit/s streams

- Added 16:9 thumbnails
- Fixed archived and condensed games for season 2012/2013
- Fixed stream quality selection for live games

- Fixed playback on Raspberry Pi

- Added option to change feed selection method

- Fixed first login

- Fixed logo download

- Added team logos
- Added thumbnails for classic games
- Added option to display team names abbreviated
- Added addon fanart
- Changed addon icon
- Changed video titles
- Faster scraping of classic games

- Fixed login

- Fixed Live games

0.2.0:
- Added RTMP streams (Dharma compatible)
- Added classic games
- Changed stream access method

0.1.0:
- initial release

Cheers
EllisD
This is getting good. Just picked up on this new Gamecenter plugin thread and installed 0.7.4 and working flawlessly. Can only get better from here. Doing a good job guys. Just want to add that I disabled the Carb0's plugin before installing this one. Don't know if it matters. I will probably finish uninstalling the older addon a soon I am completely confident in this one so there is no conflicts.
Thanks. Yea there are very few differences between this and carb0s so should be safe to remove his.
Thanks ellisd. Not sure if I'll get around to it tonight but I'll give it a shot next time I have time.

I asked the question in the previous thread, but I'll ask again here. Did the plugin ever have or will it possibly ever have the ability to rewind/forward/go to a specific time? I got two young kids, so it would be quite appealing to have a delayed start to the game. That said, I'm new to XMBC and these kinds of plugins. Not sure if it's even possible....
So far so good for me. Hopefully it keeps up as this is the first update I've done this season. It's mysterious how fiddling with it would get it working all night, then the next evening it's back to script errors. Anyway, I appreciate your work!
(2014-10-23, 05:31)h0ckeyfan Wrote: Thanks ellisd. Not sure if I'll get around to it tonight but I'll give it a shot next time I have time.

I asked the question in the previous thread, but I'll ask again here. Did the plugin ever have or will it possibly ever have the ability to rewind/forward/go to a specific time? I got two young kids, so it would be quite appealing to have a delayed start to the game. That said, I'm new to XMBC and these kinds of plugins. Not sure if it's even possible....

Maybe give the latest games option a try. I've simply just taken over carb0s work and still learning the code base. I'll look into it though.
ok so Im so new to this world. What is the url I use in settings before I use this addon> Many thanks
(2014-10-23, 05:54)ellisd Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 05:31)h0ckeyfan Wrote: Thanks ellisd. Not sure if I'll get around to it tonight but I'll give it a shot next time I have time.

Maybe give the latest games option a try. I've simply just taken over carb0s work and still learning the code base. I'll look into it though.

According to Carb0, XBMC/Kodi will not support it natively. If you used an external HLS binary, the way that the MLBMC add-on does for MLB.tv, it would work.

Since Carb0 had minimal interest in keeping the add-on working, I am not sure how much he investigated if it was going to be supported in Helix... so it may be worth verifying.
I am getting an error, using the latest Gotham XBMC 13.2

Error
Script failed! : NHL Gamecenter
(2014-10-23, 18:26)T_Tronix Wrote: I am getting an error, using the latest Gotham XBMC 13.2

Error
Script failed! : NHL Gamecenter

Please re-download the zip. I botched an update and have since fixed it.

FYI, the global.py was missing import sys
Works now thanks!
Thank you!
Thanks for continuing the work!

Does it work for live games as well without problems?
Live games were working as of last night.
(2014-10-23, 05:25)ellisd Wrote: Thanks. Yea there are very few differences between this and carb0s so should be safe to remove his.

When I installed 0.7.4 from zip, it just over-wrote the old Carb0 version of the add-on, so it shouldn't need to be disabled first. At least it didn't in my case.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin7