Android [FIRETV] New UK FireTV. Xbmc won't launch
I think you HAVE to enable the Unknown Sources setting and click through the additional prompt. This is not mentioned in the part of the Wiki
on the FireTV. This setting got introduced in the firmware introduced mid September when it launched in Germany.

My theory is that Amazon got a bit tighter on signed apps and/or where apps.come from in this new firmware.

Still no signs of 51.1.4 here, but I expect it within 1-2 weeks worldwide, unless you of course block the automatic upgrade process.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
(2014-10-24, 08:28)loekf Wrote: I think you HAVE to enable the Unknown Sources setting and click through the additional prompt. This is not mentioned in the part of the Wiki
on the FireTV. This setting got introduced in the firmware introduced mid September when it launched in Germany.

My theory is that Amazon got a bit tighter on signed apps and/or where apps.come from in this new firmware.

Still no signs of 51.1.4 here, but I expect it within 1-2 weeks worldwide, unless you of course block the automatic upgrade process.

Come to think of it I did enable the other option while I was there.
I was having this problem yesterday. Had adb debug and unknown sources ticked. Realised this morning after checking this the fire TV had not updated to the latest firmware. Did this this morning by going to the settings>about page and then spmc app installed fine (had previously moved this to the fire with js_terminal from my tablet, which as an aside I recommend as by far the easiest way to sideload and move files to and from the fire if you have an android mobile or tablet)
UK user here too, updated to last version available, installed it and works well with Gotham 13.2 Smile love it !

I'm on Mac and used this vidéo and links https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_wKu-HJys
iMac OS X 10.10, ATV3, LG 3D TV, Onkyo Home cinema 5.1,SLICE/OpenELEC/HELIX
yep all fine after an update to the latest firmware
Hi guys,

Please can someone help me in regards to my query.

I have a fire tv version 51.1.4.0_514006420
I have installed xbmc on it and it works fine.
Now the question is, if I block the updates will xbmc
still work like it does on the Apple tv 2.

I don't really want to root it as I am happy that xbmc
Works as that's all I need it for.

Many thanks.
No root is required for basic XBMC/Kodi functions. The only real XBMC/Kodi-related thing that you might want root for is for loading local USB drives for videos, but if you are using a network file server or add-ons then this probably doesn't matter to you. You don't even have to block updates, but it might be a good idea to still do so, just in case.
Kodi working on latest fire firmware. Using redbull as the scapegoat app as classic tv or iconoTV not avalable in UK

However, i dont get the full onscreen keyboard when in text input screen. Also, i dont get the "remote send keyboard " option on the input settings screen. I have tried expert and advance settings as well with no luck.
Anyone else had this issue with some resolution?
ikono TV is available as I'm using it -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/M-E-N-Media-Ente...ords=ikono

What skin are you using?
Hi I hope some one can help me in this problem, I got Fire TV (UK), installed Gotham with no problem, however when i install addons, eg mashup, the repo dosent not work for movies, no problem with live streaming but movies etc no chance there is always an error "changelog.py" please please help,
No piracy addon talk here. Wink
(2014-10-26, 10:01)Ranjanx Wrote: However, i dont get the full onscreen keyboard when in text input screen. Also, i dont get the "remote send keyboard " option on the input settings screen. I have tried expert and advance settings as well with no luck.
Anyone else had this issue with some resolution?
I have the same problem with the on-screen keyboard for text input. I am using the Yatse app for now and hoping any new builds will resolve this issue.
Installed Kodi using this build from 19th October '14: xbmc-20141018-b5947af-master-armeabi-v7a.apk
Hitcher and others, can you guys check which firmware is installed on your FTV's. AFTVnews is reporting that latest update (51.1.40_user_514005520) causes neither stock XBMC/Kodi or SPMC to work at all.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-10-26, 18:14)hdmkv Wrote: Hitcher and others, can you guys check which firmware is installed on your FTV's. AFTVnews is reporting that latest update (51.1.40_user_514005520) causes neither stock XBMC/Kodi or SPMC to work at all.

(2014-10-23, 23:17)Hitcher Wrote: All version of XBMC/SPMC working for me.

Fire TV updated to 51.1.4.0_user_514006420.
That's a relief as my FTV's aren't rooted as I want Amazon updates. Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FIRETV] New UK FireTV. Xbmc won't launch0