Android [FIRETV] New UK FireTV. Xbmc won't launch
I've received my new Fire TV in the UK today, enabled developer access and installed the latest 13.2 Gotham apk (xbmc-13.2-Gotham-armeabi-v7a.apk) via adb.

ADB says the installation is successful, but when I launch xbmc from the apps list (within settings) on the FireTV it appears to crash.

It seems to start okay, "Preparing for first run. Please wait", but then 'crashes' back to the app list.

Is this a common issue with a known solution?

If it's important I believe the UK Fire TVs have the newest firmware pre-installed, which is 51.1.4.0_user_514005520
Interesting, why would it not work... ?

Did you try Kodi 14.0 aka Helix ? So, an alpha release ? I got the FireTV specially for running XBMC.

This firmware didn't show up here in Holland, looks like also not in the US.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
(2014-10-23, 15:03)loekf Wrote: Interesting, why would it not work... ?

Did you try Kodi 14.0 aka Helix ? So, an alpha release ? I got the FireTV specially for running XBMC.

This firmware didn't show up here in Holland, looks like also not in the US.

Tried the latest Kodi nightly (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/androi...bi-v7a.apk). That did exactly the same thing.

It looks like the initial setup works, then the first launch fails.

The logcat entries for all my attempts to launch xbmc say much the same thing:

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  684): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x11000000 pkg=org.xbmc.xbmc cmp=org.xbmc.xbmc/.Main} from pid 3241

W/ContextImpl(  684): Calling a method in the system process without a qualified user: android.app.ContextImpl.sendBroadcast:1353 com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.activityResumed:4547 android.app.ActivityManagerNative.onTransact:420 com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.onTransact:1716 android.os.Binder.execTransact:351

W/ContextImpl(  684): Calling a method in the system process without a qualified user: android.app.ContextImpl.sendBroadcast:1353 com.amazon.internal.policy.impl.AmazonPhoneWindowManager$SendTopWindowChanged.run:3297 android.os.Handler.handleCallback:725 android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage:92 android.os.Looper.loop:137

W/ContextImpl(  684): Calling a method in the system process without a qualified user: android.app.ContextImpl.sendBroadcast:1353 com.amazon.internal.policy.impl.AmazonPhoneWindowManager$SendTopWindowChanged.run:3297 android.os.Handler.handleCallback:725 android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage:92 android.os.Looper.loop:137

I/WindowState(  684): WIN DEATH: Window{41ef1e88 u0 org.xbmc.xbmc/org.xbmc.xbmc.Main}

I/ActivityManager(  684): Process org.xbmc.xbmc (pid 3241) has died.

W/ActivityManager(  684): Force removing ActivityRecord{41d83a08 u0 org.xbmc.xbmc/.Main}: app died, no saved state

I/WindowState(  684): WIN DEATH: Window{41d5f230 u0 org.xbmc.xbmc/org.xbmc.xbmc.Splash}
Will test mine tomorrow when I get it Smile cross fingers, really love to have XBMC on it.
iMac OS X 10.10, ATV3, LG 3D TV, Onkyo Home cinema 5.1,SLICE/OpenELEC/HELIX
I can confirm that the exact same things happens here. Got my UK box today too. I have tried a couple of different versions and appears to crash each time ... hmm Sad
Hmm, not a good sign for the rest of us with FTV's.

Suggestion... can you guys try sideloading SPMC instead (APK here).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Ok just tried the SPMC and the same thing happens ... Appears to launch then closes ...

Firmware Version is 51.1.4.0_user_514005520
Have you enabled both ADB Debugging and Unknown Sources under Settings?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Got my box from amazon today too

Installed xbmc and it works fine for me - well happy

Even heavy skins seem ok so far

Ive got the later firmware version though I think - not sure if thats it
All working ok for me... Anyone recommend a good app to use with Llama.. No classic tv app in the UK
for those who have it working, what firmware version?
(2014-10-23, 22:55)bigviv Wrote: for those who have it working, what firmware version?

51.1.4.0 514005520?

I have that one and cannot get xbmc/spmc working, could you help me out and let me know which version of xbmc you used to get it working?

anything else you did different to the usual adb instructions?

thanks!
All version of XBMC/SPMC working for me.

Fire TV updated to 51.1.4.0_user_514006420.
maybe i need to update in that case...!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FIRETV] New UK FireTV. Xbmc won't launch0