• 38(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
Hello Wanilton, sorry to bother you again, just a quick question.

do you think that my issue is because I have Jarvis installed and MQ6 but Isengard version?

everything is working fine, except the animated weather icons.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Sajarac
So the only way is to modify the kodi source code a recompile it!
Mmmmm ... too difficult!
Many thanks Ronie for the astonishing fast answer!
Gianluca
Kodi 16.0\Aeon MQ7 \Windows 7 64\
-------------------------------------------------
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\default.py", line 280, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\default.py", line 22, in __init__
lat, lon, zoom = self._parse_argv()
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\default.py", line 47, in _parse_argv
zoom = int(params.get('zoom', ''))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
thanx for the report! that looks like a big bad bug :-)

i'll fix that right away.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thats would be great ronie! I have also the same error in the Kodi.log.
Get only an error message from Openweathermap ex. Weather informations loading fine.
RPi3 | RPi4 | LibreElec Kodi
(2016-12-25, 16:46)sergo Wrote: Kodi 16.0\Aeon MQ7 \Windows 7 64\
-------------------------------------------------
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\default.py", line 280, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\default.py", line 22, in __init__
lat, lon, zoom = self._parse_argv()
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\default.py", line 47, in _parse_argv
zoom = int(params.get('zoom', ''))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Looks almost the same as the error I'm getting at the moment. Same symptoms, weather information still loads fine, but throws an error message about every 5-10 minutes. Also, I never seem to be able to load maps- just have a blank screen as seen below. Already running on my own api, any ideas?

Kodi 16.0\Aeon MQ7 \Windows 10 64\

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'clear_property' is not defined
File "C:\Users\ADAM\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\default.py", line 281, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\ADAM\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.openweathermap.maps\default.py", line 26, in __init__
clear_property('Map.1.Area')
NameError: global name 'clear_property' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--

thanx for the report! should be fixed in the next update.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you all earned.
Hi Ronie,
KODI 17.0-BETA7 | LibreELEC(Krypton) 7.90.010 Alfa | Skins: MQ7, Titan, Confluence
Code:
DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py): start processing
DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py): the source file to load is "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py"
DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py): setting the Python path to /storage/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps:/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.pil/lib:/usr/lib/python27.zip:/usr/lib/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload:/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0
DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py): entering source directory /storage/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps
DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.openweathermap.maps" dependent on version 2.25.0 of the xbmc.python api
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
            Error Contents: ('list',)
              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 936, in <module>
                forecast(locationname, locationid, locationdeg)
              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 273, in forecast
                hourly_props(hourly_weather, daynum)
              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 685, in hourly_props
                for count, item in enumerate(data['list']):
              KeyError: ('list',)
JB
yup, happened to me as well one time yesterday. looks like their api is having issues.

i'll check if i can handle such errors more gracefully in the addon.
(2017-01-05, 11:35)ronie Wrote: yup, happened to me as well one time yesterday. looks like their api is having issues.

i'll check if i can handle such errors more gracefully in the addon.

Thanks Smile
(2016-01-11, 23:51)ronie Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 22:53)vdb86 Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 03:44)ronie Wrote: some parts are translated by kodi
other parts by the addon
and depending on your language, even the openweathermap api may provide localized forecasts
so it's not the most simple addon to get fully translated :-)
i will add all those missing forecast strings to the addon language file.
Hi Ronie, do you need any help adding missing forecast strings to the addon language file? Smile
thx, they'll be on transifex once addon sync is re-enabled.
Hi Ronie!
Any update on this?
OpenWeatherMap needs all of the forecast terms in the language file so that we can translate it Big Grin
It should have full terms like "Clear Sky" instead of having those separate.
Is it possible to move away from using Kodi's translation (and maybe others) and to have everything in the addons language file?
I'll gladly help out if you need any help...
I'm pretty sure you can get Attila to sync this addon Smile
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
(2017-01-05, 21:46)vdb86 Wrote: Any update on this?
sadly not...
(2017-01-05, 21:46)vdb86 Wrote: I'm pretty sure you can get Attila to sync this addon Smile
if you know how to, then please let me know.
i've tried several times during the past 18 months without any luck.
The add-on worked fine until I entered the api key.

Do I need to include the "&APPID=" part of the key? (I tried both)

The log:
09:57:41.016 T:9756 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
09:57:41.016 T:9756 NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
09:57:41.016 T:9756 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (17.0 Git:20170201-a10c504). Platform: Windows NT x86 32-bit
09:57:41.016 T:9756 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build
09:57:41.016 T:9756 NOTICE: Kodi compiled Feb 1 2017 by MSVC 190024210 for Windows NT x86 32-bit version 6.3 (0x06030000)
09:57:41.016 T:9756 NOTICE: Running on Windows 7 SP1, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 6.1
<snip>
10:53:15.901 T:9756 NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"
10:56:47.426 T:10784 ERROR: EXCEPTION: The parameter "list" must be either a Tuple or a List.
10:56:47.427 T:10784 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: The parameter "list" must be either a Tuple or a List.
File "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\default.py", line 900, in <module>
selected = dialog.select(xbmc.getLocalizedString(396), locations)
TypeError: The parameter "list" must be either a Tuple or a List.
10:56:55.521 T:9756 ERROR: DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL

Thanks for helping out.
nope, you don't have to prefix the api key.
the error you see is because openweathermap returns an 'invalid api key' response.

you can test your api key in a webbrowser lke this:
http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/f...f123456789

when confirmed working, the easiest thing to do is to directly paste your key in the openweathermaps settings file.
...kodi/userdata/addon_data/weather.openweathermap.extended/settings.xml
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2