• 41(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
well, it isn't a daily forecast.
it's a 3 hourly forecast for the next 5 days, which the addon is already using for it's (3) hourly forecast.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2018-08-27, 23:24)ronie Wrote: well, it isn't a daily forecast.
it's a 3 hourly forecast for the next 5 days, which the addon is already using for it's (3) hourly forecast.
 Ah. Thanks for the clarification.  That was very not clear to me from the documentation.  I mostly only use the weather addons to display information from a personal weather station anyway, so the forecast isn't that important to me.
Hi ronie!

Thanks a lot for your work in providing this addon. Being new to weather addons in general, just a couple of questions for clarification on my side:

- It seems that only hourly weather is available; what about the 36 hours forecast? I have tried both Estuary and Confluence skins
- Is it possible to have the temperature set to °C instead of °F? I didn't find any setting for that

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Best Regards,

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
this addon isn't as useful anymore as it used to be.
they only provide limited data to anyone who signs up for an api key now.

only if you have an 'old' key, you still can get full data.

the temperature unit can be configured in kodi settings:
interface > regional > temperature unit
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2018-09-04, 16:07)ronie Wrote: this addon isn't as useful anymore as it used to be.
they only provide limited data to anyone who signs up for an api key now.

only if you have an 'old' key, you still can get full data.

the temperature unit can be configured in kodi settings:
interface > regional > temperature unit
Thanks a lot for the clarifications ronie.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
I have an old key and now a new one and cannot get any data today.
I wonder if they are not gone too?
Sad to read its DEPRECATED, was just about to set it up for Leia and noticed that it wasnt possible to set a location without a API key, intention was to ask if this is intended that way, and now i have to read that it is deprecated Sad
(2018-09-29, 01:38)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: Sad to read its DEPRECATED, was just about to set it up for Leia and noticed that it wasnt possible to set a location without a API key, intention was to ask if this is intended that way, and now i have to read that it is deprecated Sad
 Check out weatherbit.IO  you need to get an API key, but at least it seems to mostly provide data.

scott s.
Hello,

I'm using the weatherbit.io add-on. I have 13 icons for daily forecasts across the screen.

How can I change the 16 day forecast to a 5 days forecast so I only have 5 icons?

Thanks
the skin decides how many days to display. so you'd need to ask for help in the support thread of the skin you're using.
Great thanks!

Since I'm here I can look up a city by name but it will not accept a cityID. Also it won't find my city, I'm in Bukavu Democratic Republic of Congo.

Thanks!
Not working  on
Kodi (18.0-BETA3 Git:rockchip_18.0b3-Leia). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Setting

<settings version="2">
    <setting id="API">xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</setting>
    <setting id="Debug" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="LatLon">true</setting>
    <setting id="Location1">San Francisco (US)</setting>
    <setting id="Location1ID">5391959</setting>
    <setting id="Location2" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location2deg" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location2ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location3" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location3deg" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location3ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location4" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location4deg" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location4ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location5" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location5deg" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Location5ID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Station" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="StationID" default="true"></setting>
    <setting id="Weekend" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="WMaps">true</setting>
    <setting id="Zoom">4</setting>
</settings>

From Kodi log

17:05:58.103 T:3546268528   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: unexpected EOF while parsing (<string>, line 0)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 911, in <module>
                                                forecast(locationname, locationid, locationdeg)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 183, in forecast
                                                lat = float(eval(locationdeg)[0])
                                              File "<string>", line 0

^
                                            SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Missing this in Settings.xml, add mannual Smile
Code:
    <setting id="Location1deg" default="true">[44.870831, 20.64028]</setting>
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Hello, I just installed openweather. 7, 10 day forecasts do not work. As well as the forecasts at 36h and WE. In the Weather menu, do you need a special reading program? or / and particular weather icons? In addition, in the Kodi support forum, it is recommended to no longer use openweathermap in favor of weatherbit.io which does not work at all !!!! Has anyone managed to make the weather work very well? Thank you in advance for your help FB
Daily data is the data that is not available to non-subscriber.

I've tried some hacks to get some hourly data to show as daily data. Actual data would take some more work, to get, say total rain precipitation or average temperature. That would be ok, but choose what  to show in a day with, for example, sun in the morning and rain at the afternoon forecast. Anyway, got up to 6 days forecast (using 12:00 forecast of each day on the hourly forecast). I'm not sure if that would be interesting for anyone, as we can use the alternative addon (that I will test now).
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2