• 39(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
Thanks for your help. I did paste the key directly into the API field in Kodi. That added an extra space. The error is gone now.

This is all new for me so I'm likely stating the obvious for 99.9% of the reader, but I noticed the information displayed varies greatly with the skin.
I really like the "Amber" skin but after I got weather working it didn't show anything extra. On the contrary it shows 7 instead of 8 days forecast. The eighth day is just blank.

The skin you used in the first post of this thread is "Confluence"?
I switched to that skin and can get the forecasts as shown in the first 4 pictures.
But I can't find any of the weather maps.
Am I overlooking a setting?
the maps functionality is no longer present in the addon.
the openweathermap servers providing the maps are unreachable 99.9% of the time.
it's been a problem for a long time and only gotten from bad to worse.
https://openweathermap.desk.com/customer...-very-slow

i've updated the first post to reflect this.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the bad news! :-)

Looks like Wunderground has similar functionality. Unfortunately that means I have to abandon beautiful Amber... Rofl
(2017-02-05, 17:06)MediaGuy Wrote: Thanks for the bad news! :-)

Looks like Wunderground has similar functionality. Unfortunately that means I have to abandon beautiful Amber... Rofl

wunderground indeed. not sure why you think it wouldn't work with amber?
both weather addons provide similar information, it shouldn't matter to a skin at all which one you use.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
In Amber I see no maps, no forecasts for 36 hours, weekends.
Heads-up: this addon will not work properly for the next few days (unless you use a personal api key)
the last update (4.4.0) of this addon is making too many api calls and the default api key is now disabled.

sorry for the inconvenience and please stand by while i try to work things out :-)

it should be back to normal again. make sure you use v4.4.2
older versions will no longer work.
First of all, thank you for this add-on, I love it!

I have noticed the problems are indeed gone in the latest version when using Kodi 17.1, but I have one machine stucked in Kodi 15.2 for which the only version available in the repos is 2.X, do you think if I install the v4.4.2 manually in Kodi 15.2 will it be ok?

Thank you in advance.
Best.
(2017-05-19, 19:51)larsete Wrote: First of all, thank you for this add-on, I love it!

I have noticed the problems are indeed gone in the latest version when using Kodi 17.1, but I have one machine stucked in Kodi 15.2 for which the only version available in the repos is 2.X, do you think if I install the v4.4.2 manually in Kodi 15.2 will it be ok?

Thank you in advance.
Best.

I can confirm is not ok Tongue
Hello, I just installed the addon. It seemed to all go ok. I have the API etc However, I've put in my locations and the Daily forecast, 36 hour forecast, weekend forecast aren't being populated. The maps and the Hourly forecast seem to work fine. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
as of now, you'll need your own api key if you wish to use this addon.
you can get one here: http://openweathermap.org/appid

due to popular demand, it's no longer possible to keep it running with keys supplied by this addon
(2017-11-05, 02:57)ronie Wrote: as of now, you'll need your own api key if you wish to use this addon.

due to popular demand, it's no longer possible to keep it running with keys supplied by this addon

Hi ronie

Does the addon cache the weather ?

Seeing as the free API will only allow so many requests be nice if addon be able to cache the weeks forecast then redownload after 5 days or so.

Thanks
(2017-11-07, 19:19)the_bo Wrote:
(2017-11-05, 02:57)ronie Wrote: as of now, you'll need your own api key if you wish to use this addon.

Hi ronie

Does the addon cache the weather ?

Seeing as the free API will only allow so many requests be nice if addon be able to cache the weeks forecast then redownload after 5 days or so.

Thanks

according to http://openweathermap.org/price the free api allows you to make 60 calls each minute.
that should be more than enough to keep the addon running without caching.
That's why today Kodi didn't show me the weather informations.
I've just registered to open weather and pasted the default API Key inside the configuration page of your add-on, I'm waiting to see if the weather information comes back or not.
It's too bad, there is no Daily forecast with free API key :/
 Estuary MOD V2 
Hi,
Is the addon no longer working? I have an API key, running Version 5 but get no forecasts at all.. I have even uninstalled, and reinstalled and still nothing.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2