Use your INTEL NUC + openelec with ANY remote control in your house :)
Hi,

Just in case some people wanna know, YES you can use XBMC on your INTEL NUC with ***ANY*** remote control, as long it's an IR (infrared) remote, wich most remotes are anyways.

--> You DO NOT need to buy a special remote control to use with XBMC on your INTEL NUC
--> You DO NOT need to buy or use a MCE remote control (you can of course if you wish..)
--> You DO NOT need to buy any specific remote.

Point is : you can use your INTEL NUC with your TV remote (Samsung, SONY, JVC, etc etc), or with your Amplifier remote (pioneer), etc etc etc

BUT ... It takes a little hacking and understanding to set it all up. It took me about 3 hours tonight to set it all up.

Its not really "OUT OF THE BOX", like with the Raspberry PI.

So... if you wanna know.. how you do it ?

Here is a step by step guide to it : http://openelec.tv/forum/103-infared-rem...ilt-and-ir

And it works pretty good, at this time, i'm using my INTEL NUC dn2820fykh with my SAMSUNG AA59-00602A TM1240 remote control. and its works REAL good ! Smile http://www.huilletprocie.com/boutique/13...00602a.jpg

Geez ! Smile
Hi

Looking for a way to configure remote control on NUC 6i3
Using Libreelec

Your post is very promise, but i don't sure the link is still working

Could you please send an updated link to "how to configure remote on NUC"

Also - which kind of controller should i choose

Thanks you!
I am not overly impressed with remotes working with my KODI/NUC build, either going with pulse eight for CEC and using the TV remote or IR with any other kind of remote. I have yet to see or find a true, recommendable and excellent remote experience. I just don't believe it exists in my opinion. I am going to have to try other hardware to see if it is obtainable, but I am far from being convinced there is such a thing anyways, it's only money, can't take it with you...
(2016-12-22, 19:29)briand095 Wrote: I am not overly impressed with remotes working with my KODI/NUC build, either going with pulse eight for CEC and using the TV remote or IR with any other kind of remote. I have yet to see or find a true, recommendable and excellent remote experience. I just don't believe it exists in my opinion. I am going to have to try other hardware to see if it is obtainable, but I am far from being convinced there is such a thing anyways, it's only money, can't take it with you...
FWIW, I'm using an i3 NUC (D34010WYK) with Kodi (currently Libreelec and previously OpenElec).

It works absolutely perfectly with a Harmony Ultimate universal remote for all functions, including power-on and power-off. The secret: select "Microsoft MCE-1039" as the device.

YMMV.
Hi

I have NUC6i3SYH for that
Using Libreelec

I'm definitely new and will appreciate step by step (detailed as possible) guide on how to setup remote on NUC

A bit confused with Libreelec operation system options

Thanks You!
(2016-12-23, 03:33)cadetdrivr Wrote: FWIW, I'm using an i3 NUC (D34010WYK) with Kodi (currently Libreelec and previously OpenElec).

It works absolutely perfectly with a Harmony Ultimate universal remote for all functions, including power-on and power-off. The secret: select "Microsoft MCE-1039" as the device.

YMMV.

I run a NUC5i3RYK, and I have a Harmony Ultimate One remote, after scouring the net and asking for help on the forums, it now sits in its box because it is useless to me. Went the pulse eight route, that to me is a hack and it still requires dealing with programming buttons etc. I wouldn't say that it isn't good remotes out there, but when someone does not know how to set up a remote, and there is no thorough guide(s) to even help yourself, you are basically on your own. Anyone can scream read the wiki and/or use search, yeah well, that is another discussion for another day. Anyone can say any remote will work, but without showing how and what one did for the non-technical people to follow, it is worthless drivel and not useful at all. Without thorough step-by-step proper guides, I do not believe one exists.
Hi 

im using libreelec in intel NUC . 
im using oneforall remote with code 1708 and the problem is the command applies 2x when i press once.
kindly help with any other codes.

Thanks in advance
(2019-01-10, 09:24)ash777 Wrote: Hi 

im using libreelec in intel NUC . 
im using oneforall remote with code 1708 and the problem is the command applies 2x when i press once.
kindly help with any other codes.

Thanks in advance

Have you also tried 0522 and 2083 ?

All three of those codes come up as 'Microsoft' in the database I found for O4A remotes.  (I'm assuming you want your O4A to act as a Media Center Remote)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use your INTEL NUC + openelec with ANY remote control in your house :)0