• 218(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
The encryption is different from man utd game to the leicester game hence why we cant view them.
Same as Liverpool v everton on sat the encryption is different.
Ah OK must be something erscknaphobia can sort if other sub based add ons are able to show the games.
Photo 
Posted on twitter....

Having issues watching @manutd v. @everton on the NBC Sports App? Due to a known issue, make sure to update to the newest version. #PLonNBC
(2017-04-04, 22:20)Jayc1976 Wrote: Posted on twitter....

Having issues watching @manutd v. @everton on the NBC Sports App? Due to a known issue, make sure to update to the newest version. #PLonNBC

I dont think i can watch it online though aswel. (EDIT i was wrong i can watch online)
Fingers crossed for tonight's epl....
I'm looking into the issue, but fwiw certain streams are using AES encryption now which FFMpeg can not handle atm. The result of trying to start such a stream results in many lines of
Code:
ERROR: ffmpeg[5EA0]: [hls,applehttp] SAMPLE-AES encryption is not supported yet
before the stream fails.
Thanks for the update hopefully you'll crack it mate
(2017-04-05, 17:47)eracknaphobia Wrote: I'm looking into the issue, but fwiw certain streams are using AES encryption now which FFMpeg can not handle atm. The result of trying to start such a stream results in many lines of
Code:
ERROR: ffmpeg[5EA0]: [hls,applehttp] SAMPLE-AES encryption is not supported yet
before the stream fails.

Thanks for that mate.

If it helps, it seems to be the flagship match that doesn't work. All the other streams, including the tactical cam version of the flagship match seem to work.

The error just says it's unplayable:

Code:
21:41:36.202 T:140361905878784   ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
21:41:36.202 T:140361905878784  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
21:41:36.233 T:140363872131456   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.nbcsnliveextra/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsprtott7-i.akamaihd.net%2Fhls%2Flive%2F222325%2FNBC-Sports0405093905%2FOTT7%2Fmaster.m3u8&mode=5&icon_image=http%3A%2F%2Fhdliveextra-pmd.edgesuite.net%2FHD%2Fimage_sports%2Fmobile%2F30902_m50.jpg]
(2017-04-04, 05:24)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2017-04-04, 03:48)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2017-04-04, 03:40)mrsfixit Wrote: Any chance this addon will be able to pick up Sportsnet New York- SNY Network?

I have this installed on a Raspberry Pi, LibreElec/Kodi 16 Jarvis.

I tried installing the app in Android from the Play store on my tablet, and I was able to stream the Mets game today with that.

The Kodi app on my Pi did authenticate to my provider (Blue Ridge Communications) and I was able to stream the Phillies game, but I saw no SNY option like I do on the Android version.

It did a good job streaming the Phillies game though, the quality was pretty darn good.
That's strange it didn't pick it up automatically, I'll take a look and see if I can find out why.

EDIT: The SNY events are listed if you leave the Default "Show All' filter on. I'll go ahead and update the filter list soon to reflect the addition of this network.

Aha... I have "Show All" disabled... :-O

I will certainly change this but I'll have to wait until Wednesday when the next Mets game is on so I can test it. I also had to activate it on the website with a code and there was no entry for a Pi so I picked Roku... don't know if it matters or not.

Thank you for the quick response, and I'll see what happens next Mets game. :-) :-) :-)

EDIT:
I did enable show all, and I do see the upcoming Mets games listed now. I won't know if it works until the next game though.

UPDATE:

I just used this to watch the Mets game. The game was on the list, but when I clicked on it on the RPi I got a message saying the device wasn't authorized. It was.
I authorized it the first time I used it.

I had to go through the activation again with the website and the code just like the first time. Once I did that it started working again.

The quality of the stream was very good (720p). I had no buffering issues, and in fact it looked 10X better than the piss poor less-than-SD quality I get from the cable company.

Now, interesting fact: I installed the NBC Sports app on my Android tablet, and had pretty much the same problem. It *did* work the first time. Then it didn't work today. It wouldn't authorize. I had to go to the settings, sign out, then sign back in, set it up again, and then I finally got it to work.

Neither device seems to keep the login settings after being turned off and then back on.

There is another Mets game on tomorrow so I'll try it again. :-)

UPDATE:

I turned off the Pi last night as usual. Started it today, and am watching the Phillies game live right this minute. Didn't ask me to reauthorize. We'll see what happens later with SNY and the Mets game tonight.

Just an interesting point- I cannot get the Phillies game on the Android app to save my life. No matter what I do I just get an authentication error even though I am a subscriber of that channel through my cable package. It does not work in Android no matter what I do.

But I turn on the Pi and I'm watching the Phillies on the same cable provider. Go figure...

UPDATE:

Mets are on now, wasn't asked to re-authenticate... :-)

BTW- I just realized there are 4 quality settings for SD... freaking awesome... :-) :-) :-)
Any updates regarding the change of encryption. Spurs game is failing to load today. Really hope this can be updated in the near future
If it were an easy fix, it would be done. There is going to be a lot of work that will have to go into this before the encrypted streams will be playable. It will be done when a solution is found.
Fantastic thanks for the update
I have version 2016.12.29 on my living room Pi. That's the one I've been using.

I installed the updated version on my kitchen Pi just now. It's asking for my provider now. Unfortunately, there are only 10 or so major cable providers listed, so I can't enter my local regional provider. So I can't set it up.

The older version worked last night. I streamed the Mets on SNY just fine.

The newer addon on my kitchen Pi doesn't work at all, unless one is a customer of one of a handful of major cable companies. Undecided
The new version gives you a registration code which you must activate on another device. All providers are available at that point.
(2017-04-08, 19:52)eracknaphobia Wrote: If it were an easy fix, it would be done. There is going to be a lot of work that will have to go into this before the encrypted streams will be playable. It will be done when a solution is found.
Erack, in you we trust,good luck with finding a solution.
  • 218(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13