• 1(current)
Release NHL GameCenter (Timewasted edition)
This add-on requires a valid subscription to NHL GameCenter. It does NOT yet work with the new MLB-inspired system! There is a dev build out, but there will be bugs!

Notable features:
  • Watch the following game types in high quality (up to 5000kbps and 60fps):
    • Live games (including the ability to rewind a live game to the beginning of the game)
    • Recently live and upcoming games
    • Archived games
    • Condensed games
    • Game highlights
    • French streams (when available)
  • Each game displays a unique matchup image showing the logos of the two teams that are playing.
  • Ability to specify an HTTP/HTTPS proxy to be used only by this add-on.
  • The list of games clearly shows which games have yet to start, are in progress, and have ended.
  • The list of games optionally shows the current score for the game.
  • Hassle-free operation. You should only have to concern yourself with how your favorite team is playing. Leave the implementation details to me. I will consider it a personal failure if I ever have to give troubleshooting instructions that begin with something to the effect of "try deleting your cookies and see if that fixes it."

Am I missing a feature that you're just dying to have? Let me know what it is, and I'll consider implementing it!

Donations:

Do you love what I've done, and want to throw money at me? I appreciate the sentiment, but you truly don't have to. I will continue updating the add-on as my time permits, regardless of donations. If after reading all this, you still want to donate, I'm not going to try to stop you!
  • Donate via PayPal
  • Don't like PayPal? I don't blame you. I'll probably add support for Stripe later.

Screenshots:

- Main menu:

- Today's games:

- Recent games:

- View selection:

- Stream selection:

- More screenshots (including the settings): https://github.com/timewasted/repository...gamecenter

Installation instructions:

Download the repository, and then use the Install from zip file option for installing add-ons. Install NHL GameCenter from the Timewasted repository.

Changelog:

Code:
v0.0.27 (October 12th, 2015)
- Fix archived games listing for new seasons.
- Require the latest version of my HLS proxy, which fixes an issue related to compressed playlists.

v0.0.26 (May 19th, 2015)
- Require the latest version of my HLS proxy, which increases the length of "from the start of game" games to six hours.

v0.0.25 (April 15th, 2015)
- Fix a script error caused by my previous fix.

v0.0.24 (April 15th, 2015)
- Fix for getting regular season games when trying to watch post season games.

v0.0.23 (April 12th, 2015)
- Fix the script errors when there are no games for the day.
- Add a setting for showing the stream duration for games, which defaults to false (stream durations are hidden). This currently only affects the games list, and not the in-stream UI.
- Update the fanart to the awesome image from comfox1: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=207178&pid=1960154#pid1960154

v0.0.22 (December 23rd, 2014)
- Fix for French streams not being available for games that should have it available

v0.0.21 (November 26th, 2014)
- No changes, just a new version to force an update to fix an issue with my repository manifest file

v0.0.20 (November 26th, 2014)
- Add support for watching live games from the start of the game. This feature works best in Helix. See the forum thread for information on the limitations/shortcomings of this feature.
- Change default display from 'Team vs Team' to 'Team at Team' to match the matchup images
- Another attempt to fix issues that crop up when there's only a single game for the night

v0.0.19 (November 10th, 2014)
- Large code cleanup with limited user facing changes
- Some aspects of the menu system should be quicker
- Game lists should show more information about the game in most cases
- Fanart and icons should be shown more consistently

v0.0.18 (November 7th, 2014)
- Add an icon and fanart image for the add-on
- Games now display a matchup icon instead of the default folder icon

v0.0.17 (November 6th, 2014)
- Add support for watching French streams for live games

v0.0.16 (November 6th, 2014)
- Add support for watching French streams when they're available

v0.0.15 (November 4th, 2014)
- Fix an error when automatically retrying to get the video playlists

v0.0.14 (November 4th, 2014)
- Better handling of different views (full/condensed game, game highlights)
- Don't show the "(Ended)" tag for games that ended 24 hours ago
- Don't show unsupported archived seasons

v0.0.13 (November 3rd, 2014)
- Re-name "Live games" to "Today's games"
- Add support for watching condensed games as well as game highlights

v0.0.12 (November 3rd, 2014)
- Fix for when there's only a single live game for the night

v0.0.11 (November 1st, 2014)
- Add support for HTTP/HTTPS proxies
- Only the following authentication schemes are currently supported: None and Basic

v0.0.10 (October 31st, 2014)
- Add support for archived games (2010 and later seasons)

v0.0.9 (October 30th, 2014)
- Fix live streaming issues (for real, this time)

v0.0.8 (October 30th, 2014)
- Fix live streaming issues
- Various tweaks to allow for higher quality streams when watching recent games

v0.0.7 (October 30th, 2014)
- Revert the changes made in v0.0.6, since they did more harm than good.

v0.0.6 (October 28th, 2014)
- Change the user-agent to support high quality streams

v0.0.5 (October 26th, 2014)
- Fix for Rogers login issues

v0.0.4 (October 25th, 2014)
- Clean up error handling and recovery

v0.0.3 (October 24th, 2014)
- Fixed an error when "Display team name as" was set to "city"

v0.0.2 (October 24th, 2014)
- Fixed score display errors in the games list

v0.0.1 (October 24th, 2014)
- Initial release.

Links:

Closing comments:

The goal of this add-on is to enjoy the great sport of hockey. I put a lot of time and effort into making this add-on great, and in my not-so-humble opinion, I think I did a fantastic job of that. If you don't agree, please let me know what you think I could do better. If you would like an alternative option, you can try this add-on.
Code:
13:34:27 T:8476   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'XBMC_NHL_GameCenter' object has no attribute 'team_info_key'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\danny_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmc-nhl-gamecenter\main.py", line 227, in <module>
                                                game_center.MODE_list(today_only)
                                              File "C:\Users\danny_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmc-nhl-gamecenter\main.py", line 176, in MODE_list
                                                self.add_folder(self.game_title(game, scoreboard), params)
                                              File "C:\Users\danny_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmc-nhl-gamecenter\main.py", line 121, in game_title
                                                if self.team_info_key is not None:
                                            AttributeError: 'XBMC_NHL_GameCenter' object has no attribute 'team_info_key'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Through an error when going to LIVE games (I know there are none on at the moment). Just thought I'd show you the error now.

Also has zero games for Recent games.
Well that's a highly embarrassing error, and with a default config setting even! Fixed now. Thanks!
Nice. Just installed and watched about 5 minutes of the Stars/Devils game. Just a short test, but video quality is great and no buffering.

Thanks for putting this together. Having 2 great addons for the NHL is never a bad thing. It's always good to have options!
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Thanks for this. I will try it tomorrow.
The recent games don't load. It just says RETRY.
(2014-10-25, 17:25)hscotty55 Wrote: The recent games don't load. It just says RETRY.

Recent games is working for me. Watching Jackets/Ducks from last night.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Recent games showing up as "Retry" looks to be a login credentials issue, it's just that my error handling is pretty terrible so it fails to let the user know that. I'm in the process of cleaning up the error handling at the moment so that it's not functionally useless. In the mean time, verify that your username/password are correct.
thanks for your efforts! ill try it out tonight.

happy to see that you have a repo setup. saves me from having to follow the thread for every update.
iOS XBMC users PLEASE use the advanced search function before starting a new thread. Make sure to click on 'XBMC for iOS Specific Support' so your results are narrowed down correctly.

Please make sure to visit the Sticky section for common issues/questions/etc. Also, XBMC for iOS information
I still can't log in. My info is correct as I use the other NGCL add-on. I tried with my email and with and without Rodgers login.
Weird. Do you use the Rogers login for the other add-on? It's possible that I screwed something up there. I'll look at it later tonight to see if I can find anything wrong.
I did use the Rodgers login for the other one with no issues.
It turns out that I DID screw something up with regards to the Rogers login handling. I fixed it in v0.0.5, which I just pushed out. I don't actually have a Rogers login to be able to test the fix myself, but I'm confident that it'll work now regardless.
The recent games are working now. It seems to be logging into live as well as my username is in my cookies now. Thanks.
Works perfect now. This should be the add-on everyone should use. Works very well and I like that it shows if the game has ended or is in progress and the scores. Keep up the good work.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NHL GameCenter (Timewasted edition)3