Poll: What's Your Favorite view?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sio2 view
17.65%
sio2x view
41.18%
icon view
23.53%
plain list
0%
fat list
17.65%
fanart
0%
Total
17 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 10(current)
SiO2-X - Helix
http://forum.kodi.tv/polls.php?action=sh...ts&pid=119
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2015-03-23, 11:23)fastcolors Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/polls.php?action=sh...ts&pid=119

Can't vote Smile
Which one ist big list anyways?
(2015-03-23, 23:28)Sionzris Wrote:
(2015-03-23, 11:23)fastcolors Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/polls.php?action=sh...ts&pid=119

Can't vote Smile
Which one ist big list anyways?

Big Grin

reopened it... FAT LIST is what You want to cast your vote for.
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Image Image
What I miss is a long list view. In SiO2X and SiO2.
Sometimes, specially for movies with long titles is crazy to choose a link for an streaming server or another.
A view taking a bigger part of the screen, or the whole screen, where being able to read quickly the titles would be necessary in these cases.
I hope someday we can enjoy of this, although as an alternative view.
(2015-03-24, 21:36)blashman Wrote: What I miss is a long list view. In SiO2X and SiO2.
Sometimes, specially for movies with long titles is crazy to choose a link for an streaming server or another.
A view taking a bigger part of the screen, or the whole screen, where being able to read quickly the titles would be necessary in these cases.

Let me work on this a minute. Wink Wink Wink
Image Image
(2015-03-24, 21:36)blashman Wrote: What I miss is a long list view. In SiO2X and SiO2.

It's not just the view, it's a resource intensive interface too. It needs to load up fanart and such on the other 2/3 of the screen.
(2015-03-25, 19:22)codexaxiu Wrote:

It's not just the view, it's a resource intensive interface too. It needs to load up fanart and such on the other 2/3 of the screen.

You're wrong, completely. SiO2 runs beautifully on an old Apple TV, though loading all the fanart. Confluence is a lot more resource demanding! Just test them both looking at the cpu and ram usage into the system preferences.
It's one of the lightest skin overall. Just for fun I tested almost every of them and only Amber was light as SiO2. Aeon Nox was the worst.
Worked just fine on my Apple TV 2 as well (even though that was just a backup device). So there is probably something else wrong with your system. Even Raspis are running it fine.

Please test the latest github master version.
I sketched out a new list view (it's just a fast layout) I'd like to know if it's what you were thinking of.

I like the idea of a wide label space. (honestly just for streaming)

cheers.
Image Image
(2015-03-25, 19:28)fedux Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 19:22)codexaxiu Wrote:

You're wrong, completely. SiO2 runs beautifully on an old Apple TV, though loading all the fanart. Confluence is a lot more resource demanding! Just test them both looking at the cpu and ram usage into the system preferences.
It's one of the lightest skin overall. Just for fun I tested almost every of them and only Amber was light as SiO2. Aeon Nox was the worst.

What version of SiO2 are you using?

I can't be wrong if it happens on all fire tv sticks that I installed on.
It takes longer to see the list and fanart than usual on SiO2-x since version 3.16.

I had no problem with it on any version SiO2-X v3.12 or below or any pervious SiO2 versions.

I notice it's slower on any versions after 3.12, including the fullscreen info (by pressing the enter button on Fire TV Stick). I can notice a slightly delay (pause). If I reverse to 3.12 or below (non-x) then the problem is gone.
(2015-03-26, 16:20)fastcolors Wrote:

I sketched out a new list view (it's just a fast layout) I'd like to know if it's what you were thinking of.

cheers.

I just tested your latest github version. I notice the list view is a little bit wider. It's not that bad but I think it could be a little bit wider.

Also, I dont see any pause/delay that I described earlier when I enter the fullscreen mode. Did you make some other code changes? That problem has been fixed.

I wish the indicator (pointer) is in different color (blue or pink or yellow) and is thicker. It's not easy to find it sometimes if you move it around.
You have asked me about this indicator (pointer) on github but it's hard for me to describe without the screen capture.
It's the selector that tells where you want to select, a thin white bordered surround those logos or icons or the pointer bar that indicates where your selection will be.
If it's in more darker colors like pink/blue/yellow and is thicker/wider then we can see it much easier.

cheers.

Hi fastcolors,
thank you very much for taking into account my old desire.
List view is a little wider than before but not enough for long titles.
Maybe adding a new view just with text and no fanart would be better.
As I said, only as alternative/secondary view for streaming pages selection, fanart wouldn't be needed since title and fanart normally are shown in a primary/previous screen.

Thanks a lot for the work you do.
Waiting forward to see the changes also in your SiO2 skin.
Regards
(2015-03-28, 00:19)blashman Wrote:

cheers.

Hi fastcolors,
thank you very much for taking into account my old desire.
List view is a little wider than before but not enough for long titles.
Maybe adding a new view just with text and no fanart would be better.
As I said, only as alternative/secondary view for streaming pages selection, fanart wouldn't be needed since title and fanart normally are shown in a primary/previous screen.

Thanks a lot for the work you do.
Waiting forward to see the changes also in your SiO2 skin.
Regards

I didn't change List view at all...
there's a new view in sio2 X that is very very wide. The actual titles are full screen width... can't really go wider than that!!!

give it a spin and let me know.

cheers.
Image Image
[/quote]

there's a new view in sio2 X that is very very wide. The actual titles are full screen width... can't really go wider than that!!!

cheers.
[/quote]

Sorry guys, I'm not capable of finding the new view in the last master from github.
The views I get are: SiO2, SiO2-X, Big List, Icons and Fanart
Can somebody guide me a little bit?

Using Helix 14.2 on iMac.

cheers.
[/quote]

Sorry guys, I'm not capable of finding the new view in the last master from github.
The views I get are: SiO2, SiO2-X, Big List, Icons and Fanart
Can somebody guide me a little bit?

Using Helix 14.2 on iMac.
[/quote]

my bad, try latest update.
Image Image
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SiO2-X - Helix1