Poll: What's Your Favorite view?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sio2 view
17.65%
sio2x view
41.18%
icon view
23.53%
plain list
0%
fat list
17.65%
fanart
0%
Total
17 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 2(current)
SiO2-X - Helix
(2014-11-07, 19:46)vandonh Wrote: How can I make the SiO2-X view stay in the different apps, I select it but after closing the app, I have the default view again.

I think that depends on the app ( i figure you mean addon ) itself. different apps call for view numbers so they always start with the same one.
A few addons I tested did stick with the view change...

let me explain better.
Skins usually have default view number set as 50 , so in my skin I believe I set 50 to be big List (hence default)

Some add ons when opened call for "view 50" and force that as a default view...

let me know which addons are you experiencing this with.. I may be able to find a workaround.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2014-11-07, 23:13)fastcolors Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 19:46)vandonh Wrote: How can I make the SiO2-X view stay in the different apps, I select it but after closing the app, I have the default view again.

I think that depends on the app ( i figure you mean addon ) itself. different apps call for view numbers so they always start with the same one.
A few addons I tested did stick with the view change...

let me explain better.
Skins usually have default view number set as 50 , so in my skin I believe I set 50 to be big List (hence default)

Some add ons when opened call for "view 50" and force that as a default view...

let me know which addons are you experiencing this with.. I may be able to find a workaround.

Genesis looks like it is always defaulting to the Big List, but I want it to stay in SiO2-X view

Thanks
Fast

When you go to music>album and select the icon view it no longer focuses the album covers. Is the intentional? Also, it looks like the album covers are getting cut off.

HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
(2014-11-10, 06:52)scrolling Wrote: Fast

When you go to music>album and select the icon view it no longer focuses the album covers. Is the intentional? Also, it looks like the album covers are getting cut off.

by focuses you mean zoom?

and you're right, I'm touching up the icon views and messing up somewhere!! will fix!!
thanks man. you always on the spot.
Image Image
(2014-11-10, 12:51)fastcolors Wrote: by focuses you mean zoom?

Yes, that's what I mean.
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
(2014-11-10, 16:55)scrolling Wrote:
(2014-11-10, 12:51)fastcolors Wrote: by focuses you mean zoom?

Yes, that's what I mean.

i figured so.

fixed. will be ready for next update. or test it in github

I also fixed the height of the whole square icon view. so now it doesn't go to the very bottom row, avoidig the cut.

cheers,
and thanx for your constant support.

edit: 1119 albums!!! gotta borrow some music from ya man!!!!!
Image Image
(2014-11-10, 20:17)fastcolors Wrote: edit: 1119 albums!!! gotta borrow some music from ya man!!!!!

Yeah, both the wife and I are quite the music enthusiast. However, most of it is her's.

I tested it again the zoom portion worked. Unfortunately, The covers are still being cut off. Also, would it be possible to reduce the space between each row?

(2014-11-11, 08:08)scrolling Wrote:
(2014-11-10, 20:17)fastcolors Wrote: edit: 1119 albums!!! gotta borrow some music from ya man!!!!!

Yeah, both the wife and I are quite the music enthusiast. However, most of it is her's.

I tested it again the zoom portion worked. Unfortunately, The covers are still being cut off. Also, would it be possible to reduce the space between each row?

ok i know what's going on... you're experiencing the skin on a non 16:9 screen, so the "frame" for the icons get stretched, but I chose not to use the stretch value for the art, since I don't really like it (i'd rather see the art in it's format). I could go with "keep" but then you'd have smaller covers.

to make you understand better read this:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Aspect_Ratio

I'm open to suggestion, in fact I'm revamping the whole icon views (except for movies - tshows - sets - everything in the rectangular format is staying the same)

cheers mate.

edit: to reduce space btwn rows, I could have 7 covers per row instead of 8.... what do you think? otherwise..mm.. let me try something.

edit2: space now is nonexiestent Wink let me know how you feel about aspect ratio...
Image Image
Thanks for the heads up on that. I'll read over it tonight.
Fast. I'm using Helix on an iPad and wanted to use SiO2 X but when I click for example on the settings icon I do not get the submenu window to select general settings or skin settings, Same with other icons that have a submenu window, Other add ons without the submenu will work fine. Have you tired your skin on IOS?
(2014-11-12, 00:01)vandonh Wrote: Fast. I'm using Helix on an iPad and wanted to use SiO2 X but when I click for example on the settings icon I do not get the submenu window to select general settings or skin settings, Same with other icons that have a submenu window, Other add ons without the submenu will work fine. Have you tired your skin on IOS?

unfortunately I have no way of doing that, since I don't own a jailbroken device...

All the Submenu from Home are opening in custom windows, so it might be an issue with Helix and custom windows.. I will investigate and give a look through the forums.

which Helix version are you on? beta2 ?

is there any way you could roll back to other Helix builds for testing purposes? As I said, I don't own an iOS device to test on. So any help is appreciated.
(any of you guys wanna but me an Ipad mini.. i'll be happy to do some testing myself Blush Blush )

thanks for the support.
Image Image
pushing the revamped update right now,
@scrolling please unleash all your testing power, and let me know what you think. Mainly icon views.

cheers.
Image Image
(2014-11-05, 22:02)fastcolors Wrote:
(2014-11-05, 19:15)josegve Wrote: Hello Fastcolors
Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have a remote only a regular mouse. What I was doing wrong was mapping mousedrag to 'left' instead of 'right' because the popup moves left. Works great now. I know I can count on you guys in case of future problems but up to now this skin is perfect!!!!

good!

have fun with the skin!
and if you feel like it ..add to my reputation. Big Grin
Hello Fastcolors
I think I reposted. Sorry, I don't ever post anything but I really like this skin. The last update was great except those circular icons - very ugly. That is my personal opinion. Please keep up the great work and thanks.
(2014-11-16, 02:09)josegve Wrote: Hello Fastcolors
I think I reposted. Sorry, I don't ever post anything but I really like this skin. The last update was great except those circular icons - very ugly. That is my personal opinion. Please keep up the great work and thanks.

do you find them very ugly because they're round?
'cause that was a test, but for the matter of the icons themselves, I think these stick more with the flatness of the whole skin. The old sio2 ones were too much osx. I probably will end up going back to squares.. but I think I'll stick with the simpler icons. maybe they'll get touched up.

I'd love to hear more opinions on this.
Image Image
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SiO2-X - Helix1