Android Skin Shortcuts Error message help needed
I am running the Aeon Nox 5.1.5 on my Matricom Midnight MX2 box, and not sure what happened, but everytime I go to home screen, i get the following error message: Script Failed : Skin Shortcuts. I can get into the Home Screen setup section, but I can not customize any of the custom buttons. If I try and pick a default select action, I get the same message. Any ideas on how to correct this... thanks in advance
have the same issue myself hopefully someone can point out to us what we need to do

thanks
Please post a debug log (wiki) Smile
Unfledged

Please excuse my ignorance, as I am not an expert in this at all, but where would i get the debug log to post

thanks again
In my last post, or in this post, click >> debug log (wiki) << for details of how to provide one.
got it... thanks
again this message appears everytime i go back to home screen with the aeon nox 5 skin

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=328666
Quick look, and it looks like an incomplete installation - the error is that the script can't import one of the many modules it includes (in this case xmlfunctions.py - the functions that relate to writing the file that contains customised submenus). My suggestion is to download the zip file from the repo - here - save it somewhere that your XBMC/Kodi installation can access, and re-install it by going to System/Settings (sorry, can't remember what Nox5 calls it) > Add-Ons > Install from zip file.

(Or, if you're comfortable doing so, simple replace %addons%/script.skinshortcuts with the contents of the zip file I linked)

(You also have an ice channels error in the log, caused I suspect from a similar issue. Whilst I obviously can't provide any support for a potentially illegal add-on here, you may want to review how add-ons should actually be installed.)
hi again
so i download on my pc and put it on a usb stick or card and install it onto my matricom midnight mx2 unit ?
I can't give specific advice for a particular unit. My advice remains - put it somewhere that XMBC/Kodi can access, and re-install it by going to System/Settings > Add-Ons > Install from zip file.
I downloaded it onto a sdcard and followed your instructions... it worked and fixed the problem... thank you so so much...

not sure about the icefilms thing,,, keep getting a error has occured commincating with icefilms message... i re-installed repo and no luck

thanks again for your help on my other issue
Smile

(And if @kizzer31 you're experiencing a different issue, please feel free to post a debug log)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Shortcuts Error message help needed0