Adding PlayOn channels to TVheadend or LiveTV
I need some help, I have spent all weekend messing with PseudoTV Live and trying to get it to work how I want it but unfortunately it is not capable.

My issue is I have a perfectly functioning HDhomerune, TVheadend, & PlayOn service running but would like to add the PlayOn channels to the XBMC channel guide. I really like how clean the EPG is for the standard Live TV and how quickly it parses and stores the EPG. Using PSTVL it takes a long time to boot and the interface is buggy in my opinion which is why I stopped using it several months ago. The developer has since added for Channel Types but unfortunately using zap2it.org EPG with PlayOn channels is not available, if I try to use the upnp:// link they change frequently and I would have to constently update.

I ready breifly about adding http, udp, rtsp sources into TVheadend but most of the posts regarding were 3 years old. I browsed into the TV22.db lastnight to see if I could just add channels there but did not see table regarding the source of the channel. I am guessing TVheadend supplies that info.

PlayOn has some really nice LiveTV channels including ESPN and all the major networks and certainly there has to be a way to add these to LiveTV in XBMC or TVheadend

I have tried using URL Snooper but only come up with .swf links and have not been able to get them to work manually, outside of PlayOn.
You can add generic HTTP sources as channels in tvheadend as long as they use the MPEG-TS container format. If PlayOn can be configured to output that it should all be possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding PlayOn channels to TVheadend or LiveTV0