• 5(current)
fire tv stick
Just got an update on my FTV Stick.

Estimated Delivery Date was upped from 11/26 to 11/21
Mine will be here tomorrow as promised, I also got a nice "Welcome to Fire TV Stick" email. For $20, this will be a fun device to play around with.
(2014-11-18, 17:36)Chimera2345 Wrote: Mine will be here tomorrow as promised, I also got a nice "Welcome to Fire TV Stick" email. For $20, this will be a fun device to play around with.
Cool, mine is showing delivery date of 11/26, Can you try sideloading xbmc/ spmc and see if it works and let us know your feedback on it.
Yes let us know.
Here is the first hands-on review I've seen. Described as "speedy". That is encouraging. I have a Dec 6 delivery date.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theate...ffordable/
Mine delivers tomorrow, will share my reviews!
I am also curious if it will run the aeon nox skin well. That's what I use and so anyone let me know
Still waiting for mine, it'll probably be later this afternoon....got all of the tools ready for sideloading, I don't own any other android sticks or boxes so I'll be following the wiki closely. All of my media is NAS based so all of my media testing will be via SMB shares.
My 2 are getting delivered tomorrow too. Original estimate was 11/26.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
So, if this is legit, it seems we have confirmation that kodi will work via sideloading on the fire tv stick Smile
I think so can't wait for this I would think xbmc should work great.

once some one gets this up and going a video would be great thanks.
Here is a post that the author is updating with more and more info on her experience with the fire tv stick.

Rooting with the old method is a no go (which had to be assumed before hand, I guess), but sideloading works just as it did on the full size fire tv. Kodi playback of "High bitrate 1080p movie (~40GB...)" over wifi is reportedly very good.

Sounds like it is time for me to upgrade my wireless router... Smile
Sounds pretty impressive. Now I at least (maybe I'm in the minority, don't know) want Amazon to release a souped-up Fire TV box with at least 16GB storage, more RAM, better CPU/GPU for more games and apps in addition to XBMC of course. The original FTV doesn't seem as compelling an upgrade (over Stick) at $60 more.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I just received the Fire Stick, and I was able to side load SPMC so I assume XBMC will work too, because that was the AFK I was using on my Fire TV, and it is running. I still need to load a addon and test.

Also there is no remote with voice search, but there is an APP on google play FIRE TV remote, which you can use for voice search and keyboard input for the STICK.

Pretty good so far, I will try an addon and see how it works.

Also I see no difference on how to use the device compared to the FIRE TV.
Can you run the aeon nox skin for me tell me if it will handle it.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fire tv stick1