• 6(current)
fire tv stick
Just an update, I was able to run some addons and stream some video, and pretty good so far, no difference from the FIRE TV, I do not do a lot of fancy stuff with XBMC but it is working so far.

(2014-11-20, 03:19)ilovemymac Wrote: Can you run the aeon nox skin for me tell me if it will handle it.

Will try, I never use skins on my setup, I just use the standard counflence skin, which I like.

Where do I get aeon nox skin?

Also I notice, that the FIRE TV APP lost connectivity when I ran SPMC, but I solved it by running YATZE as the remote control and to do keyboard input, the standard remote it comes with still works.

(2014-11-20, 03:19)ilovemymac Wrote: Can you run the aeon nox skin for me tell me if it will handle it.

I was able to find the SKIN, I never ran skins so I was not used to it. BTW great skin.

And it is running so far, will leave there to see how it performs.
ok, my AFTV stick finally arrived and I got it set up in about 20 minutes using adbFire - after putting in the IP I was able to push the current Gotham, then ran it on the stick from the settings/applications menu. After first run, I could push the remote settings file, and with a little tinkering figured out how to install IconoTV and use Llama to run XBMC from the main menu, replacing IconoTV with the XBMC icon and name.

Now onto the app, since I was on a roll I immediately pushed my advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml so that I could just use my NAS out of the box - it worked without a hitch. I was able to install Aeon Nox and it runs great for me. Honestly for what I want it for (access to my NAS library from my kitchen TV) it's going to be perfect, and for $20 it blows the Chromecast out of the water. I did give Netflix a try and that worked fine too and it'll be so nice to be able to just flip between XBMC and Netflix with a few clicks.

For reference I'm using a 5ghz 802.11n router about 40 feet from the TV, and the AFTV was streaming high bitrate stuff and stripping DTS-HD down to 2-channel without issue (like I said, kitchen tv).

Hope this helps
Yea I have a completely customizesd aeon nox skin and even more customized on my kids tv with links to scooby doo and one to Pixar movies and so on.
And with our Nas I give them a folder with thier stuff on it and works great.
Thanks for the report

Ps if you load spmc go to amazon's website and search for it and buy or get it and it will say it's not compatible with the fire TV only the Kindle fires but don't worry about it get it anyway and then I have it on one of my boxes it actually shows up in the recent's menu and I don't have to use llama
Video 

Does this apply to installing on the stick? If not can someone provide step by step instructions on side loading to the stick for a newbie? Thanks!
I did it the same way you sideload on the fireTV.
Any kind souls in here wanna help a girl out and hook me up in the UK.. Have PayPal funds ready.. Love my fire tv. But want one of these badly... No news on UK release? If ever?
They are no longer available at the $19 price. The price is back to normal which is $39. We can get it faster than from Amazon. Best Buy seems to have it in stock. It's 39.99 from them.

I can help you if you want a FTV stick. Send me a private message.
Most Best Buys here in Phoenix have them in stock!
I couldnt wait until Dec 18 so I picked one up ar Best Buy today.
I will report back how it works with Kodi.
(2014-11-20, 21:19)z31fanatic Wrote: I couldnt wait until Dec 18 so I picked one up ar Best Buy today.
I will report back how it works with Kodi.

I might have to do this as well, lol. Heck, I might do this just for christmas gifts for my family.
I tried a blu-ray rip (around 10GB size) and it played very smoothly. I was surprised because my wireless router is the Actiontec provided by Verizon. I don't have a fancy router.
is there a way to calibrate the screen with the fire tv remote? I am not able to go to the bottom right corner and the center square using the remote.
Thanks
Nevermind: I got it working from the andorid remote app
I was able to calibrate my screen in XBMC using the remote, the middle button switches between the points of adjustment as it should - I'm using keymap3 if that helps.
Picked up the Fire Tv Stick at Best Buy today, sideloaded spmc, seems to run pretty smooth over the wifi, able to stream HD 720 ok, will play a little more. SPMC does not show up in my apps as icon, I have to launch thru application manager.
I noticed it seems hit and miss with spmc some boxes show some don't. I have friends who have fire tvs some reported showing others don't but it will ascended it becomes an official app that it will show. If it doesn't show yet just use a llama I guess

So Best Buy actually has them in stock I may have to go pick up a couple
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fire tv stick1